Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Wire Cuts Deep ❯ Search for answers ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Actually Youhji had no idea how he was going to do this.
 
As time had passed he learned about his past, more and more but not quite enough. There were still so many things that didn't make any sense at all.
 
When he first awoke in the hospital he had no idea who or where he was. Asuka had helped him so much. They spent more and more time together. She was a wonderful person and he deeply cared for her.
 
It was her also that helped him to recover his name. It was when they were out to buy a couple of new clothes for him, that a woman called out for another Youji. He had instantly turned his head in her direction and Asuka chuckled “Well, good to see that I probably have something else to call you then patient Ryo. Isn't that right, Youji?”.
 
Youji then turned again and thought about it. “Yes, I guess so… the name… it feels right”.
 
So he became Itou Youji. As time passed he had dreams. Scarring dreams. Sad dreams. And a few happy ones. He tried to ignore them as good as he could. Asuka didn't notice or she chose to ignore them. They were fragments from a person named “Kudou Youji”.
 
This person really was messed up. He also had an Asuka he cared for, Itou Youji figured as much. But that one was dead. Killed by a criminal organization, only to be return in some other criminal organization. Or something like that. He never really understood how it was actually, but that was the only reasonable explanation he had for those dreams. And frankly it wasn't reasonable at all.
 
The revelation made him feel guilty, as he figured that the other person that lurked inside of him picked Asuka merely for her name. He refused to believe that all he felt for her was just a mirror of feelings that he shouldn't have forgotten.
 
And there was more. In his dreams there were three others, not quite like him, but similar. People he used to work with. He remembered how the brunette used to meet up with a group of kids to teach them soccer. He remembered a small blonde, that used to sit in front of a computer most of the time and a redhead that used to yell at the soccer player for leaving the ball everywhere and playing indoors and at girls that crowded the flower shop but never bought anything.
 
Not only did he remember working with them in the flower shop, but also going with them at night to do another job. It was most likely pretty dangerous. And it involved fighting. But Youji still didn't know what it was exactly.
 
The katana he remembered. It was the possession of the cold redhead, Aya. He remembered how this Aya always took good care of it and never let anyone have it. He also remembered how Aya had thrown the weapon at him, to fend of a woman. Youji remembered making love to that woman. And he remembered promising to return the sword.
 
And this was what he was going to do.
 
All the pieces he remembered just didn't make any sense, and he was afraid of what of all his dreams was real and what wasn't.
 
If he kept the sword he would awake the Kudou Youji, and he was half awake already. Something told him he would be better off to just ignore him and continue to live as Itou Youji.
 
So he sat down in front of the PC looking for clues. He still knew the name of the flower shop they used to work in, the Koneko no Sumu Ie. So he searched for anything about flowers or flower shops remotely related with that name or something similar. After weeks he finally found a small article from an English local newspaper about the opening of a flower shop named “kitten's house”. It was not much but after some further research he found out that in fact, the owner of the sword worked there, Fujimiya Aya, his full name.
 
He was unsure if he should really go. Half of the time he was convinced that it was all just a dream. When he thought that the Newspaper picture of Takatori Mamouro look extremely similar to how he remembered the blonde, Omi-kun. Or when he found the actual “Koneko no Sumu Ie” and there was not a trace of the others. But then again the sword was as real as it could possibly be.
 
Despite everything he had to go. A part of him wanted to find out what it all meant, but for the most part he just wanted to close the case “Kudou Youji”, as it made no sense and scarred him shitless.
 
He just hoped it would be all over soon.