Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Why Ken Shouldn't Drink Chu-Hi ❯ Escape! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


It had been a week. A week that had felt like a month, no, more like a year. Ken's nerves were shot. His whole world had been reduced to a black and white contrast of time where had had to be around Aya, and time he could get away. Every time the redhead so much as looked at him, Ken could feel his stomach knot up and his face turn crimson. And Aya was acting so...so...normal. As if he had never witnessed him drunk, and there'd been no confession. Had Yohji actually told him the truth? Maybe Aya really didn't know anything was wrong. Maybe if Ken could just get his act together, everything really could go back to normal.

But normal seemed out of the question. Being around Aya now was just too...weird. No matter how hard he tried to get himself together, he was struck by inescapable nervousness and uncertainty every time he looked at the man. After the seventh time that day Ken had found himself hiding in the kitchen, he reached a conclusion.

I have got to get away from this.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The sound of someone moving in the hallway caused Yohji to look up from his late night TV session. It was extremely unusual for anyone else to be up this late, other than him of course. He wavered for a moment between checking out who was up, and continuing with his show. He glanced longingly at the racy scene that was starting to develop on the TV, but then surrendered to responsibility and got up to see what was wrong. There had just been too much tension in the air this last week for him to ignore stuff.

He was glad he did, when he was met by the sight of a very suspicious Ken, duffel bag over one shoulder, sneakily fumbling at the front door.

"You're not going somewhere without inviting me, Ken? I'm hurt."

Ken jumped from the intrusion of the voice.

"Yohji! I...er, I'm just...." excuse escaping him, Ken trailed off into silence.

"I...I need to get away for a while...please don't try to stop me Yohji."

"So Kenken's running away. Just where exactly do you plan to go?"

"I don't know....I thought maybe I'd try Australia out....I mean, I was so close to going before...."

"Right." said Yohji, a little sarcastically, "And just what do you plan on doing once you get there, huh? I hate to remind you, but your English, quite frankly, sucks."

"I was going look for Yuriko. I'm sure she'll help me figure things out..."

"Oh, I should have seen that one coming. You're going to look for Yuriko. Do you even know what part of Australia she went to? It's a pretty damn big place you know."

"....no...I guess I don't...." Damn, why didn't I save that ticket? Then I'd at least know which airport to go to....

"Do you even, for that matter, know her last name?"

This last comment had Ken floored. Wow. Come to think of it....I don't! How could I be such an idiot to have not even found out her name?!

"Well, no but...."

"And I hate to throw this last one at you Ken, but, do you really think for even one second that she'd be happy to see you after you told her you'd go and then stood her up without even telling her why?"

Damn.That.Bastard.Yohji. He's doing this to me again!

"Look, Yohji, I really need to get away. I'll go somewhere else."

Ken pulled his travel atlas out of his bag and closed his eyes, opening to a random page. Upon opening them again, he was greeted by a picture of blue water and tropical leaves.

"Bali. There, I'll go to Bali."

"I hear that's a popular vacation destination for Australians."

"Go to hell Yohji."

"I'm not going anywhere, and neither are you."

Ken suddenly felt very, very tired. He closed his eyes and leaned against the door.

"Please, Yohji...just...please...I can't deal with this...."

"You can't deal with Aya, or you can't deal with You ?" asked Yohji.

"I...I don't know. I'm confused Yohji, and I can't think when he's around me all the time."

"Did you ever stop to think how running away would affect Us? How it would affect Weiss? How it would affect us individually?"

Ken just stared at Yohji. "What do you mean?"

"Well I know Omi would miss you, and I know that although he probably wouldn't let on, Aya would miss you, and I can say with the most certainty of all, that I would miss you."

Yohji would miss ME? Well that was news...

"And that's not even getting started on all those kids you teach. I mean, I know you don't have the highest self-confidence around, but come on, think a little."

Why does Yohji have to do a complete one-eighty at times like this? He isn't usually this serious or logical....

"Are you really ready to hurt that many people, just because you're 'confused'? That's pretty selfish Ken."

Now Yohji was really getting to him. He sighed in defeat. Yuriko had been the last person he'd had feelings for...and he was just so sure that if he could see her again it would help him place just exactly what he was feeling now. Yohji just had to go and throw reality in his face. Damn damn damn damn.

"You're right." Ken sighed again. "Why do you always have to be so fucking right?!"

With that, Ken turned, and for the thousandth time that week, dragged himself back towards his room.