Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Why Ken Shouldn't Drink Chu-Hi ❯ Yohji Wasn't Lying ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After a few minutes spent gawking, Omi suddenly came to his senses and attempted to help Ken. But he was immediately stopped in his tracks by a glare from Aya, which seemed to clearly say 'don't even think about it' . So Omi just stood there reluctantly and watched as Aya silently picked up the stunned Ken, and--as if this were nothing out of the ordinary--stomped off towards Ken's room. A few seconds later he reappeared in the bathroom, fished out the first aid kit, and left again without a word.

"Um, getting the first aid kit means he's not going to kill Ken-kun, right?" Asked Omi, not entirely confident in his assumption.

"We can only hope." Was all Yohji could think to answer. "This is either going to turn out to be a very good thing for Ken...or a very very bad thing."

Omi looked frustrated at the reminder that he was the only one still in the dark on the situation. "What do you mean, Yohji-Kun?"

Yohji pretended to study his cigarette for a moment before answering. "I'll tell you if it's the good thing."

And god, I hope for Ken's sake that it is....

"But in the meantime, let's not go too far away, in case he needs rescuing."

Omi nodded in agreement.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Very slowly, Ken was beginning to regain his capacity for coherent thought. He found himself in his bed, and someone was touching his arm...which was throbbing. He looked down, and was momentarily shocked at the sight of his own blood.

Oh yeah...the mirror....

Ken then looked up and was equally shocked at the sight of who was treating his self-inflicted injury.

AYA?!

Needless to say, Ken really didn't want to be alone with that particular person right now.

Ken turned his head and closed his eyes. Maybe if I pretend I'm asleep he'll go away sooner.

No such luck

"Stop shaking."

He was shaking? Ken hadn't even noticed. "I can't."

"Yes you can." Aya replied in an unreadable voice. "I can't fix your arm if you shake like that."

"Like you care" grumbled Ken. "You punched me."

"Yes I did." Aya stated matter of factly.

"So you can stop pretending to care about my arm. I'll fix it myself."

"Why would I let you do that? You can't properly fix it with only one hand."

"Because...." Ken got up enough courage to glance at Aya's face. It was only the second time he'd done so in over two weeks. "Because you hate me."

There was a brief change in Aya's expression, but Ken still couldn't decipher it.

"I don't hate you."

"Yes you do. I could tell from the way you looked at me today. So don't go pretending you don't to try and spare my feelings. It'll only make me feel worse."

"I don't hate you."

"Then why did you punch me?"

Aya seemed to consider this for a second. "Because I was mad at you."

Mad at me?! What could I have done to make him mad? I haven't even been around him! God, he's not still pissed at me for getting drunk?!

"What the hell did I do to make you mad?!"

Aya looked a little shocked. Isn't it obvious? He pointed at Ken's partially bandaged arm. "That's what you did."

"Huh?"

Aya was actually starting to look a bit exasperated. "How did you expect me to feel after pulling a stunt like that?! I find you sitting in a pool of your own blood and--laughing?! If no one had been home, you would have just sat there and watched yourself bleed to death! So, yes, I'll say that made me a little bit angry."

Now it was Ken's turn to be shocked. It almost actually sounded like Aya....cared....no, he's probably just worried about me affecting the missions....

"What's it to you if I bled to death?"

Now Aya was exasperated. "What's it to me?! Christ! Believe it or not, Ken, I actually don't want to see you dead!"

"That's not what that look you gave me today said."

"What look?"

"WHAT LOOK?! The 'You-are-lower-than-a-Takatori-and-I-depise-you-glare-of-death' you gave me when I said 'hi' to you this afternoon! THAT'S 'What look'!"

"I gave you a look like that?" Aya looked genuinely puzzled.

"YES!" Ken was almost shouting now, "YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE?!!! HOW CAN YOU LOOK AT SOMEONE LIKE THAT AND NOT EVEN NOTICE?!!!"

"....."

Aya looked uncomfortable. "....I'm sorry."

Ken didn't look very convinced.

"....."

Aya turned and looked at the wall. "...I guess..."

"...I guess....I was....I was just trying to protect myself."

"From what?"

"From you. And from Yohji......."

"...And from myself, too, I guess."

Ken looked confused. "From yourself?"

"Yeah....I was afraid I'd start believing all Yohji's lies."

Ken went cold. "Lies? What's Yohji been telling you Aya?"

"Nothing. Don't worry about it. It's not important."

"No, it is important. What's Yohji been saying?!"

"Just....lies. Hurtful ones. It's nothing."

Ken tried to pull himself into a sitting position, but Aya stopped him. "Don't move until I've finished fixing your arm."

"Don't try to change the subject Aya, tell me what Yohji said."

Aya looked very, very uncomfortable. He shifted nervously. "He's been going on about you liking me."

Ken flinched. "And that's....hurtful....?"

"It is when I know no one likes me."

Ken steeled himself for the painful rejection he knew would come next. His voice dropped so low Aya could barely make out what he said.

"I....like you."

Ken couldn't bring himself to look up. He didn't want to see the disgust or horror that he knew would be betrayed by Aya's eyes.

"What?"

This was not exactly the reaction Ken had expected. "I said I like you, Aya. Yohji wasn't lying."

I can't believe he told you though. Ken made a mental note to give Yohji a stern talking-to. If he survived this.

Aya's voice sounded a little distant. "...I didn't believe him..."

"Why not?" Ken hoped his voice was not wavering as much as it felt.

"Why would you?....I'm not very likeable."

Ken stopped to consider this. "You try damn hard not to be, yes."

"Then why do you like me?"

Cause I'm probably a masochist Ken thought to himself bitterly. "I don't really know. I just…feel better when you're around, you know?" Or at least I did before this stupid mess started.

Ken had now lost his ability to look Aya in the face and focused on playing with the hem of his sheet. Aya was equally unnerved and focused on bandaging Ken's arm as if the fate of the world rested on how neat of a job he did. When Aya finally finished with the bandage, he stiffened and resumed eye contact.

"Ken....Please do not take this the wrong way and be offended by what I am about to do."

Ken braced himself, half expecting to get decked again. But Aya just turned around and deliberately stalked out of the room.

Ken wasn't offended, but did take it the wrong way.

Yep, he definitely hates me.Ken thought gloomily, That was probably the last conversation I'll ever get to have with him.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Hey, the moods getting a bit tense, huh? To alleviate some tension, I have decided to insert an imaginary chapter to this story….
* * * *

Ken: Aya……

Aya: Ken……

Narrator: Aya is having a little trouble expressing his feelings….until he gets some help from his magical friend "Totoro"…..

Ken: Holy Shit! A giant bear!

Aya: Round figure….grey…white…whiskers….
Aya: I'd recognize you anywhere, Takatori! Diiiiiie!

Totoro: (starts eating the flower shop's lucky bamboo) rrwaaaaawhr....

* * * *
::cough cough:: Sorry 'bout that, had to get it out of my system. Now, back to the real story….
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-