Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Broken ❯ Volume Five, Chapter Fifteen: Night Talk ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Night Talk

Mika watched him in the dark. Toboe stared back.

“Can't sleep either?” he asked.

“Nope,” she said. They shouldn't be doing this. Still, she pursued it anyway.

“What's wrong?” Mika asked. Toboe shook his head. She frowned.

“Come on. Talk to me,” she pleaded. The pup shook his head.

“I don't get it,” he said. Mika gave him an odd look.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“Why me? Why are you so interested in me?” Toboe asked. “I just…”

“What?”

He shook his head. The pup lowered his eyes. Mika lifted his chin. She gave him a little pout. Toboe sighed.

“I like you,” Mika said.

“But why?” he asked.

“What do you mean?”

“I don't think you do.”

Mika pouted. “Why would you say that?”

“What am I to you?”

She paused. “My lover.”

“But why?”

Mika gave him a sympathetic smile. “Aw, what's the matter? Where is this coming from?” Toboe pulled away.

“Baby,” the older wolf whimpered.

“Don't.” Toboe lowered his eyes. How many times have they done this? He can't break away from her. He tries, but it never works. They just end up back where they started. Tonight looked like it would head that way. Toboe turned over under the tarp.

“Toboe…” Mika said. The pup didn't answer. She could feel her heart sinking. Was this it? Were they heading for a cool down? Mika felt her eyes well up with tears. This has happened before. Why was this any different? Toboe was young, but he was still a man in her eyes. Could she be…?

The she-wolf shook her head. No. Not this again. She promised that she wouldn't find love after him. It would be just sex. But now…

Mika sighed. “I do love you.” Toboe said nothing. He wasn't going to fall for this again. Her whimpering caught his ear. He clutched the tarp as tightly as he could. He knew what was coming next.

“This hurts me. I'm not supposed to be in love. You… You changed that for me. I hate it. I hate it.” Mika started sobbing. Toboe shut his eyes.

“Fine. I guess I love you too.”

She playfully hugged him from behind. “Mmm! I love you so much!” Here they go again.

Why couldn't he say no? Every time he tried to break if off, Mika would pull him back. Tonight was no different. Toboe sighed and dropped his shoulders. What was it going to take? Were they going to be like forever?

The pup shook his head. This couldn't go on like this. Something had to give.

I Can't Quit Her