Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Memoirs: Forbidden Hearts ❯ A Tale’s Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Elf: Sorry if anyone is OOC, that's my bad. R+R everyone.

Disclaimer: V-V I don't anything *semi dies from grief* but my own character so pity her and all my other twisted creations in the fan fiction world *completely dies from grief*

Chapter 1: A Tale's Beginning

Perhaps things were good for me, but perhaps they weren't. I was young then, young and foolish so I can't recall or decide if things were good or bad then.

Then everything changed, I went from a city girl to roughen it in the wilderness.

It's only been a year and I've completely changed from a little girl with an assertive, playful personality (plus quick tempered) to a…well, I'm still little (not as little as I used to be though, I've had growth spurts) with an assertive and playful personality, but I'm serious and responsible then I used to be.

I guess I've grew up quite a bit during my time with them, but in their eyes, I'll always be a silly human girl whom they love, even if they would never admit it.

I don't blame you if you're confused at this point, I'm not being to clear on who 'they' are and 'what's happened'.

'They' refers to wolves.

'What's happened' refers to the story on how I got involved with them.

But to start the story, I'd have to start at the beginning of it all, not at the literal beginning though. Just the day when my life seemed at it's end (in a manner of speaking of course), but oddly, I was saved by a unlikely hero. Though, I don't think he'd call it heroics.

~ ^_^ ~ ^_^ ~ ^_^ ~ ^_^ ~

A red mark stung on my left cheek as I rubbed it with my hand, usually I could deal with slaps and that sort of thing, but it wasn't just the stinging that made it hurt.

It was the words that came with it.

Words, like arrows, could pierce into your skin and cause pain. I hated pain.

I didn't think I deserved to be slapped either, it should have been the other way around. I should have slapped the person who slapped me instead of vice versa. They deserved it and I simply didn't.

It had surprised me though, Umeko didn't strike me as the type of person who'd do this to me. She was my guardian after all, I'd been living with her since my parents had died when I was seven. She had readily took me in and cared for me like when the news of their death had gotten to her, I was like a surrogate daughter to her anyway, but now I was more like a 'permanent' fixture in her life.

Umeko had always been kind to me and offered me consultation when ever I needed it so I'd never expect something like this from her.

It all happened so fast too, picturing the incident in my head, it just looked like a blur of words mixed with abounding emotions.

********FLASH BACK**********

I sat on the table cross-legged as Umeko paced the length of the room glaring at me occasionally. I knew what she was thinking and knew what she wanted to say. She wanted to call me an idiot for saying such things, say I had enough imagination to create another world entirely which wasn't good for a fourteen-year-old girl. She wanted to yell at me, but she was good at restraining herself.

Umeko was a stout and nicely plump woman, mind you though, she wasn't fat or anything, just nicely plump (okay, she was kind of fat). She had wisps of gray hair clashing with her thin curly brown locks and her small sags of skin under her green eyes. I hated her eyes, they always sat through me like I was transparent or something.

"Sorry," I mumbled half heartedly, not meaning it at all.

Apparently she could tell as well. She could read my like a book.

"Shut up," she hissed at me venomously, "My patience is running thin with you Satu." She stopped pacing and glared at me, her lips pursed in a frown, "How many times must I tell you to treat your elders with respect?"

"I do treat them with respect," I grumbled placing my chin in my hands while bitterness swirled inside of me. What did I do wrong to get this cold treatment?

Umeko sighed heavily and furrowed her brows at me, "Then why did you call Raidon a bastard? You know I do not tolerate swearing Satu."

Oh yeah, I was in trouble for swearing at that idiot.

I nodded, "I know, but he wasn't being all too nice to me-"

"I don't care!" Umeko snapped, interrupting me, "No matter what the circumstances!"

I flipped my black hair over my shoulder then folded my arms across my chest, "He was the one being rude!" My temper began getting the best of me, "He said that my parents-"

"That's still no excuse!" She cut me of again.

I felt tears form in my eyes. He had insulted my parents and I wasn't the type of person to let anyone get away with that. I thought Umeko would have been on my side, she had been my parent's friend, but she was defending him instead of taking my side.

"Umeko…" I said trying to calm myself down, I closed my eyes and breathed in and out a few times before reopening them, "Will you just listen to me?"

Umeko put her hand up, "Stop it. Nothing you say can justify what you called him."

I winced. If I told her that he had said my mother was a whore and that my father was an alcoholic loser, she'd be on my side in .0000001 seconds. But she wasn't letting me speak. "Umeko," I tried again, forcing myself to use a rational voice as to a pissed off tone, "He said my parents were good for nothing-"

SMACK!

"I told you I didn't want to hear it Satu." she said harshly, "I don't care what he said, two wrongs don't make a right and you know that!"

I held my cheek gingerly with a million cruel thoughts racing through my head, but I held my tongue, knowing better.

Now I was furious, she could see it too.

The angry glint in my eyes, my clenched fists, my throbbing temple.

I get up and then gave her a dark look, but didn't say anything. The anger in my eyes and my body language were self explanatory about what I was thinking.

Without a word though, I managed to leave the room, clamping my hands so tightly together my knuckles were a pale white and grinding my teeth.

***************END OF FLASH BACK**************

So that's how I got to where I was now, leaning against a cool wall of cement, rubbing my cheek softly and being my bitter self.

A cool breeze went by, cooling my stinging cheek for a few seconds before the pain returned.

I cursed under my breath. I cursed Raidon for saying those things about my parents and I cursed Umeko for not listening to what I had to say. I could have slapped her for not listening to me.

I wrapped my arms around myself and tried to ignore my red cheek, it wasn't fair. If Umeko should have been pissed off at anyone, it should have been Raidon not me.

I kicked a piece of rubble on the ground and it hit the wall opposite of me and made a loud thump noise against the cement when it made contact then bounced off.

I was about to kick another piece of rubble when I saw two shadows looming over me. I turned around and saw Raidon and one of his friends standing there, giving me an odd look.

Raidon's dirty blond hair was askew and his usual attire of baggy blue pants and a green jacket were covered in dirt. It looked like a car hit him. His friend looked in similar condition, with messy black hair wearing blue jeans and an open yellow button jacket with a white t-shirt underneath.

"What?" I asked shoving my hands inside of my red jacket pockets, a clear tone of annoyance in my voice.

"Just wanted to say hi." Raidon said running a hand through hair, smirking at me.

I wanted to punch him, "Go away." I said turning around and heading down the alley, I didn't get far before someone put their hand on my shoulder, stopping me in my tracks. I whirled around and punched whoever it was in the face. It was Raidon's friend, he lay sprawled on the ground with a bleeding nose that also looked broken. He looked unconscious too, I didn't know my right hook was that powerful, but I took advantage of it. "When I say go away I mean it, unless you want to be like your friend." I said gritting my teeth.

Raidon looked at me and scratched his chin, "You're certainly feisty for a girl." He swaggered closer to me and I took in the fumes of beer and nearly gagged in disgust, I hated the stench of a drunken idiot. "You know something, you do look a lot like your mother."

I felt his hand go underneath my black skirt and raise it to an indecent level, I pushed him away, but he had me pinned against the wall in seconds. He then pressed himself against me and leered, "I bet you're a whore like her to, right Satu?" he whispered into my ear then he traced his tongue along the tip of my ear then down to my neck. He grabbed my wrists and held them over my head with one of his hands while his free hand disappeared under my skirt again.

I flinched as he tried to weasel his fingers into my underwear, "Stop it!" I said loudly trying to pull free, but he had a tight grip on my hands and I couldn't kick him because he pinned his legs against mine.

He merely chuckled darkly as I squirmed, clearly enjoying the fact that even if I fought tooth and nail I wouldn't be able to get away.

He then pressed his lips unto of mine and he used his tongue thoroughly, not being able to do much, I did the only thing I could. I bit his tongue which caused him to yelp in pain, but to my distress my didn't release his grip on me. Was he used to girls biting his tongue?

Instead, he tried harder to getting his fingers in my underwear, but I pressed my thighs together, enabling him from doing so.

"Pervert," I stated as me decided to put his hand under my shirt when he saw I wasn't going to let him in my panties, trying to grope me.

"Say whatever you want," he said between the kisses he was planting on my neck.

I turned my head to the side. This guys sexually harassing me and I'm hardly putting up a fight, I thought crossly, but I'm pinned…I can't fight back. Ah, a voice said in the corner of mind, so why not scream?-somebody will be bound to hear.

I could've smacked myself in the head, why didn't I realize that fact sooner.

But that option was sort lived because he started kissing my lips again, if I was to scream, it would've sounded more like a muffled voice then anything.

"Let…go…" I said between gasps of breathe. "LET GO!" I shouted as loud as my voice would let me, trying to break free again, but again, the effort was in vain.

He was about to unclasp my bra when somebody to the right of us said, "I think you should leave her alone." We both turned out heads, the speaker was a guy who looked around his late teens and had brown hair and was wearing a black jacket with his sleeves rolled up, a white shirt underneath that and jeans. He looked like he was growling or something and his stance looked like was going to jump Raidon if he didn't let me go. His blue eyes burned with intensity as he stood there.

I blushed at being found in a situation like this. Sure, I wanted help, but it was embarrassing to be seen with my skirt hiked up and a drunken bastard's hand fumbling me.

He let go and backed off, "I was just joking with the girl, no harm intended to her." He looked as embarrassed as I was to be seen committing such an atrocity.

He pushed the last button on me, all hell was going to brake loose on him. "You condescending bastard! I'm going to kill you!" I yelled at him, then in a flash of movement. I kicked him the crouch where he was having a clearly visible erection. He fell to the ground next to his friend holding his crouch and staring horror-struck at me. I grabbed the collar of his jacket and was about to punch him in the face when somebody grabbed my arm.

"I think kicking him there is enough punishment," the guy said staring me straight in the eye.

I let go of Raidon's collar and he feebly got up and limped away, "Whatever…" I said quietly, trying to hide my disappointment in not being able to give Raidon the ass kicking he had coming his way. "And err…thanks." I said feeling somewhat awkward, this guy gave me an uneasy feeling.

I began walking in the direction of home and briefly glanced over my shoulder where the guy was to see he wasn't there anymore. "That's weird…" I thought aloud.

I readjusted my hair into a neat high ponytail and straightened my clothes and pulled down my skirt as I walked along with my mind still on that guy.

It was odd, he had appeared out of nowhere, but my face flushed when I began wondering how long he'd been watching.

Raidon had better hope that he wouldn't bump into me again…

~~~TO BE CONTINUED~~~~

Note: *authoress comes back to life* If this turns into a Mary Sue you can cook be alive over a bonfire or something, but not a grill. I don't want char lines on me, it makes me look like road kill. *kneels over and dies again*