Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Memoirs: Forbidden Hearts ❯ Trouble Follows Me Wherever I Go ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Elf: Okay…Blue's not going to be in this story.

*gets pelted by tomatoes*

gah…Cheza's not going to be in either

*nobody cares*

Dark Elf: *snicker*

Disclaimer: I don't own yada yada, bleh. Except for my own character(s) in this story and what other mutants I may have created for the fan fic universe.

Chapter 2: Trouble Follows Me Wherever I Go

Umeko was busy cooking when I got back. She probably wouldn't have noticed that I had come back, but I tripped over an uneven place on the floor and fell flat on my face. She chuckled, "Still clumsy I see."

I rolled my eyes and sat up, my nature wasn't forgiving at all. She had pissed me off and I wasn't going to act like everything was fine, "Shaddup…" I grumbled getting onto my feet and glaring at her.

She turned away from the stove and threw me an amused look, "We don't need to have the talk again do we, about respecting your elders?"

I shook my head, "No." I never wanted to talk to her again.

Umeko began looking about the kitchen counter with an exasperated expression on her, "Satu." she said.

I didn't respond.

"Can you go to the store and buy me some potatoes?" she asked as though we were still on good terms. "I need them for tonight's dinner and also could you do the rest of the week shopping while you're there?"

I arched an eyebrow, "Why should I?" Why should I do anything for her?

"Satu." She said in a clearly frustrated tone, "You'll do as your told."

I couldn't argue. Whenever she used that voice for an order, it had to be done.

I exited the store holding to paper bags in my arms loaded with food with a scowl on my face and sulking slightly. Defeated once again.

As I was walking back I got this odd feeling in the pit of my stomach. You know the feeling you get when you think somebody's watching you or following you or both.

I shrugged it off though, it wasn't unusual for somebody on this side of town to stalk you for a couple of blocks and besides, I could take care of myself.

Soft footsteps could be heard behind me and I quickened my pace, not in the mood for another battle right now, I was still in a war with Umeko.

Tired of the cat and mouse game I stopped in my tracks and yelled over my shoulder, "Go away or I'll shove my boot so far up your ass you'll be coughing up leather!" I looked furiously at whoever was behind me, Raidon. Great, I thought, what does he want now? "Leave me alone." I hissed.

He just smirked at me and stepped closer causing me to step back uneasily. If he was going to pull some shit with me again he was a dead man.

"Hi Satu," he said in his low voice.

"Go away," I replied in a tone full of poison and spite. "You want to get kicked in the crouch again bastard?"

He looked as though he was considering the fact, but then he continued coming closer to me.

I hadn't been aware that I had been backing up with each step he took towards me until I bumped into a wall behind me.

Great, I just cornered myself.

He stood over me still with that idiotic grin on his face that I would have been happy to smack off. "Hi Satu," he repeated, I hated how my name sounded coming from his foul mouth.

I tried to brush past him, but he grabbed me and pinned my against the wall making me drop the grocery bags I had been holding and the contents spilled scattered on the ground around us.

Not this again.

"Let go," I said angrily. "Why the hell do you always bother me? Go bother a prostitute or something!"

"Normally I would," he said smiling at me, "But that costs money. Why pay for what I could get for free?" He kissed my forehead.

"You're disgusting," I muttered looking away.

"Say what you want, but I checked. Nobody's around for blocks." He kissed me collarbone.

"Bastard," I stated kicking him in the shin, but even that didn't have much affect.

He put his face closer to mine, "Don't be difficult." He took a blade out from his pants pocket and cupped my chin in his free hand, "I don't want to have to use this so don't make me."

I eyed the knife warily and sighed.

He pressed it against the side of my face, "Do we have an understanding Satu?"

I didn't say anything, mainly because I didn't have the chance because a familiar voice sounded from the side, "Leave her alone." It was the same guy from before, but what the hell was he doing here?

Raidon, however, didn't back down this time. He just pressed the knife's edge into my face gently and a trickle of my blood ran down the side of my face. "Stay out of this, this doesn't concern you bastard." he said sharply.

It happened so fast. One minute Raidon was holding a knife to me, the next me was on the ground whimpering with a bloody gash across his arm.

I winced, the sight of blood sickened me somewhat.

I looked over at the guy and saw that one of his hands was covered in Raidon's blood.

Raidon stared up at him with a terrible fear in his eyes before scampering away leaving a trail of blood behind him.

I wiped what little blood there was on my cheek off with the sleeve of my jacket.

"Does that man follow you everywhere?" the guy asked me.

I shrugged dismissively, "Nowadays he does." I knelt down to gather the fallen groceries and placed them back into the brown bags carefully, he watched as I did so and I began feeling a bit awkward. "That's twice you've saved me." I said standing up holding the bags. "How come-" I stopped myself letting my manners get the best of me. It wasn't nice to bombard people with questions.

He raised his eyebrows, "What?" Probably curious why I stopped mid-question.

"Umm…" I said somewhat dumbly, "How come you 'happened' to come across me and that asshole twice?" I'm sure if I phrased the question the best way I could have.

"I was strolling by," he said walking away.

"Why bother though?" I asked, "I mean, it's not any of your business and doesn't concern you, so why bother?" My manners were losing to my curiosity.

He looked at me, "Well, would prefer I hadn't intervened?"

A stupid, "Oh," escaped my mouth.

True, I was relived he had, but it was odd that he was the one whom had appeared both times to save my neck (or my virginity). It was a strange coincidence if anything.

"But I can take care of myself." I said aloud. I hadn't meant to, but it just happened.

"You're pathetic you know that." He informed me, "Really pathetic. You can't even stop a guy from having his way with you and you say you can take care of yourself."

I tilted my head, "So what? I can take care of myself pretty well excluding that."

He didn't seem to care much because he began walking again and me being a 'duckling' a Umeko put it, I followed him.

"Why are you following me?" he asked after a few minutes, he looked really agitated.

"I-"

I was cut off again, this time by a boy who appeared a little older then me and taller too, with light brown hair wearing a rusty bed buttoned down shirt with an off shade of green pants with boots and a silverfish white bracelet around his wrist, "Hey Kiba!" He exclaimed happily, but stopped when he saw me and gave me an odd look.

"Uh…hi." I said shakily feeling more dumb by the second, if that's possible in any case.

He stared at me more a few seconds then replied with a hardly audible greeting, "Hi."

I turned to face the guy he called Kiba and bowed, "Thanks for-"

Another interruption, this time by two guys arguing.

"I can't help it if I'm hungry!"

"You're always hungry!"

Their arguing stopped when they saw me.

"Who the hell is that?" The guy with short white hair wearing a black outfit and had a scar across his chest. He looked at me as if I was a horrible stench under his nose.

His attire reminded me of a dominatrix. (A/N: XD)

"Um…" I said at a loss for words at the moment. All of them were staring at me like they'd never seen a girl before. I felt tongue-tied.

Kiba snapped me out of whatever I had been in, a small trance of idiocy you could call it, "You were saying something."

"Uh…oh yeah!" I bowed again nervously remembering what I was doing there, "Thank you." I sweat dropped then turned on my heel and walked in the direction of home. That whole situation had been…uncomfortable I guess and I'll leave it at that.

"Who the hell was that?" I heard that harsh voice yell at Kiba when I turned a corner.

I entered my home and Umeko seemed pleased to see me, "What took so long Satu?" She took the grocery bags from and whisked them off to the kitchen.

"Stuff." I said gruffly letting my black hair down and drape over my shoulders. I hadn't forgotten my frustration at her.

She knew I was still upset with her and yet she was at ease around me, like something had changed while I was gone.

I sank down in a battered chair and soon the smell of baked potatoes filled my nostrils, despite my anger, her cooking smelled damn good.

I sighed heavily and began tapping my feet on the floor, I was bored.

If I wasn't upset, I would be helping Umeko in he kitchen as I often did to help pass time, but I didn't want to be around her right now.

Dinner come and went without any conversation between Umeko and me. She still smiled all the way through it though while I ate her cooking grudgingly.

After the dishes had been done, she then sat down in a wooden chair at the kitchen table and lit up a cigarette.

I hated it when she smoked.

She held the cigarette between her middle and index finger then tapped the end and ashes fell like black snow into a little ash tray she had in front of her on the table.

A thin layer of smoke soon filled the kitchen and I nearly gagged on it.

Umeko then opened a bottle of Vodka and poured herself a shot glass of it.

I hated it when she drank too.

She didn't do this every night, only on the nights when she wanted to clear her head (odd way of doing it I know), but it somehow magically soothed her.

I got up from where I was sitting and left her there in the kitchen drinking and smoking.

I climbed up a ladder to the roof and crossed a high beam that lead from the roof of the tenement where I lived to an abandoned building roof across from it that nobody used anymore.

It was my favorite spot, for one, it was higher up then all the other buildings so I felt oddly secure and it also nobody else ever came here so I could be alone.

I sat on the edge of the building letting my legs hand loosely over the side, I wasn't afraid of heights so it didn't bother me that I was so high off the ground.

I began humming as I sat there and I craned my neck up at the night sky. The star twinkled and winked at me as I gazed at them and sight of the thin crescent shape of moon shining brilliantly made me feel a tad bit better about everything.

I didn't know how much time I spent up on the roof, but I had a hunch that it was getting late and I should go back so Umeko wouldn't sprout more gray hairs on her head out of worry for me, not that I entirely cared though.

As I stood up and stretched my arms over my head I felt someone grab my from behind and cover my mouth so couldn't scream, then everything went black when I felt something hit my head.

~~~~~~~~TO BE CONTINUED~~~~~~~~~

Dark Elf: Cliffhanger…*snicker* Dominatrix Tsume XD

Tsume: >_<;; *kills Dark Elf*

Dark Elf: X_X Ow…