X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Not Over Yet ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3
The next moments were silent. Each Kamui lost in their own world thinking about what to do about their respective positions.

‘How can I finish this? How!?’ Kamui thought, ‘Can I kill the other “Kamui”? Would that have an affect on Fuuma? I’m not sure if I should risk it. I can’t let him kill me...otherwise he could take over Fuuma again and possibly destroy humanity. Are there even any surviving Angels? What am I gonna do?!........ungh.........I’m getting a headache.....’ Kamui lie back down and put a hand over his face. He peeked through his fingers to look at the other “Kamui.” He was just sitting there silently staring at the ground, but who knew what he was thinking. ‘Probably of a way to escape or to kill me.’ Kamui let out a sigh. ‘I won’t be able to keep binding the other “Kamui” like this for much longer. His strength is returning, I can feel it. But why aren’t I getting any stronger like he is? Sure I’ve got a couple of new tricks at my disposal, but it’s not enough….It’s so hard to control this power...the power of God...guess it makes sense...’ The Angel suddenly spoke up, tearing Kamui out of his reverie.

"Well, my dear Kamui, have you managed to think of something?" His only reply was a death glare. "Heh, I figured as much. Well I'm feeling generous today so I'm going to propose an idea for you..."

“Which is?” Kamui asked impatiently.

“Bring me my Kamui and you can have your Fuuma.” Kamui facefaulted, looking flustered again.

“What’s that supposed to mean? What do you mean, your Kamui?”

“Calm down now and think about it. I’m sure your dreamseer told you about how you haven’t awakened yet. Just as I awoke from Within Fuuma, there is the Dragon of Heaven Within you, my dear. So…wake him up.” The Dragon asked, as if it were any ordinary task.

“W-What?” Simple and absurd as the Angel made it sound, Kamui thought about it. He did remember Hinoto saying something similar.
They were right. ‘Why hasn’t the real Kamui Within me awaken? That’s probably why I can’t yield my powers properly...’ “Well how am I supposed to do that? It can’t be that easy!”

“Now now Kamui. I can't give you all the answers now can I?" the Angel jeered, "It looks as though you have something else to figure out then now,” the Angel smirked. Kamui groaned before a sudden thought dawned on him.

“Wait a minute, why would you want the Kamui to awaken? Wouldn’t that just be threat to you?” The Dark Kamui gave a bored sigh.

“Well it’s obvious that we won’t settle this end of the world thing unless we wake him up. The only way my destiny can be fulfilled is through him and I have a suspicion that neither of us are going anywhere until we get him out here.”

“Oh. I guess that’s true...” ‘I guess that means that he won’t try to kill me for now…unless the only way to bring him out is to kill me.....unn...that's real pleasent’ Kamui thought sardonically. But suddenly Kamui heard the sound of breaking glass. He whirled around to see the leader of the Angels standing up, breaking the last of Kamui’s invisible bindings. So much for those few hours...

“I think I'm feeling playful now," the Dragon of Earth chuckled darkly, "Let's see if we can’t wake him up ne? Even if I have to tear you open piece by peice and bring him out by myself...” the Angel purred with a maniacal look in his golden eyes, summoning his Shinken forth. Kamui was shocked at first, but wasted no time in standing up, then quickly getting in a defensive position after summoning his own Shinken, the Shinken he had managed to repair after the Final Battle.

‘Maybe if I push myself hard enough, I can try to awaken the real “Kamui.” I just hope that the Angel hasn’t gained that much of his power back, I don’t know how long I’ll be able to hold out…” And with that last thought in Kamui’s head, the two charged into battle.