X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Not Over Yet ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 4

The battle was being dragged out longer than expected.

‘I only hope Fuuma isn’t asleep right now’ Kamui thought as he parried another attack. Yes, it was very obvious that the Angel had gotten stronger. A lot more energy blasts were being thrown and Kamui just happened to be on the receiving end of those blasts. Since he really did not have an opportunity to rest, Kamui was getting very tired quickly.

“C’mon...Kamui...I know you’ve got more than that...Where are those powers of God?!” the Dragon of Earth asked in between slashing his sword and blocking Kamui’s attacks…And so the battle raged on like that for a few hours, until the Angel suddenly stopped...

“Alright...that’s enough...this isn’t ...getting us anywhere...” the Angel panted.

“H-huh?...You mean ...you’re not... trying to kill me?” Kamui asked just as breathless. The Angel chuckled.

“Hm...well...not really so much anymore. There’s really no point in killing you here and now unless I can confirm that the only way to bring out the real “Kamui” is through killing you. But seeing as there was no change in your aura whatsoever during that fight, I think that it’s safe to assume that killing you would be meaningless,” the Angel said while composing himself. Kamui threw his Shinken down and fell to his knees, then on his stomach to catch his breath and to rest.

“Well good then. So can I take a nap now since I know you aren’t going to try and kill me?” Kamui asked wearily, still deprived from the nap he wanted to take earlier.

“If you really want to trust me...but Who says I won’t try something else?” the Angel said with a smirk.

“...so mean...” Kamui whined while rolling onto his back, giving up any notions of sleep whatsoever. The Angel walked closer to Kamui to sit near him.

“I might have an idea,” he said airly.

“Which is?”

“Well...just as we are Within Fuuma-kun right now, maybe I could go Within you. Go and tell the real "Kamui" it’s time to get up,” the Angel suggested.

“Do you know how?”

“Hmm...No, I suppose not. Can you do it yourself?”

“I don’t know how either. Not unless something terrible happens and I feel like locking myself away from the world and go into a coma more or less.”

“But how did you get in here then?”

“Well, it wasn’t the proper way to travel Within someone. It was more like possession since I’m only a soul now, except I didn’t posses Fuuma.”

“Hmm...well then....there is one person that we both know who knows how to go Within....”

“Of course! Subaru-san!” Kamui exclaimed, propping himself up on his elbows.

“It could work, if he’s still around, that is, and willing to help.”

“I’m sure he would...pretty sure anyways.”

“There you are then. I guess you better go talk to Fuuma-kun to see if we can find him.” Kamui’s jumped up at the sound of Fuuma’s name, but soon fell back down on the ground.

“Ungh...I'm so tired...I don’t think I have enough strength to do that, as much as I'd like to.” The Angel let out a sigh.

“Fine. I’ll give you some of mine I guess.”

“Well how kind of you,” Kamui replied in a sarcastic tone.

“Watch it now. I don’t have to do this you know.”

“Hmph.” The Angel picked up one of Kamui’s hands and held it in both of his own to transfer his energy to him. Apparently, somewhere along the lines, the two made a silent agreement to cooperate with eachother since they were both stuck here.

“Alright, there you go. Now get moving.”

“Ok, I’m going. Thank you,” Kamui said standing up, brushing himself off, then headed into some unknown direction in the darkness.


Fuuma was currently trying to do some homework for school at his desk in his bedroom. He looked out the window to see if the answer to his calculus question might be hiding outside but found Kamui staring back at him instead.

“Fuuma!” Kamui said rather cheerfully, accompanied by a big grin.

“ACK!" Fuuma flinched. "Heh...You almost scared me there for a minute Kamui,” Fuuma let out a small chuckle, trying to get over the initial shock of, once again, seeing the face of a loved one that happened to die appear on a reflective surface. Kamui could not help but giggle.

“I'm sorry. Ne Fuuma, I...need to ask a favor.”

“I’ll do anything,” Fuuma stated with a determined look in his eyes. Kamui smiled fondly.

“I need you to go find Subaru Sumeragi. Tell him the story I’ve told you and that we need him to go Within you.”

“Of course. I’ll get right on it…er...wait, so another person is going to be Within me?!”

“eh...heh heh...um...well...kinda,” Kamui sweatdropped.

“Just how many people are going to be in there?”

“With any luck, four,” Kamui said scratching the back of his head nervously and holding out four fingers. Fuuma let out a small laugh.

“Whatever. You’re the boss.” Fuuma smiled. Kamui laughed and smiled back.

“Thank you Fuuma... So, how have you been?”

“Oh, I’m doing okay I guess.”

“Mm. You look better. Sleeping has been easier for you then?”

“Now that I know you’re ok,” Fuuma said happily gazing at Kamui, but then went on to say, “ Although recently I’ve had a bad nightmare.” Kamui frowned.

“Yeah...I apologize for that.”

“Why? It’s not like it’s your fault.”

“Yeah it is, kinda. Every time me and the other “Kamui” fight, it disturbs your subconscious and creates those really bad nightmares. But don’t worry, there probably won’t be many more of those anytime soon.”

“Oh...ok then.” Fuuma was a bit surprised.

“Hang in there, Fuuma. We’ll get through this.”

“I hope so.” Kamui nodded. His energy for this excursion was beginning to deplete but he was reluctant to go.

“I....I should probably go now,” Kamui said after a while.

“Okay, I’ll try and find Subaru-san as soon as I can.”

“Thank you. I know I can count on you. Until next time.” And with that, Kamui disappeared again. Fuuma sighed heavily, and then looked back to his homework. Calculus could wait. He had a job to do for Kamui now.