X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Not Over Yet ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5

Tracking down the Sumeragi was more difficult than Fuuma anticipated. He eventually, after trying various phone books and even some of the surviving Seals, had to contact the twelfth Sumeragi head in the end. She did not ask much and figured that Fuuma just needed her grandson for a typical job. She seemed very reluctant to talk about Subaru and only told Fuuma that she would fax Subaru right away and should expect him to call or show up in a couple of days.

And a couple of days Fuuma waited, until the Sumeragi eventually did call. Fuuma had been waiting around the phone anxiously throughout that day and was relieved he was there to receive the call. A half an hour phone conversation later, Fuuma had explained the situation to Subaru who was, for the most part, as emotionless and monotone as ever. Subaru seemed a bit startled, from what Fuuma could tell from over the phone anyway, when he heard that Kamui was still alive and even fighting, for that matter. Subaru said he would be over there as soon as possible.

Once again, the annoying feeling of anxiousness attacked Fuuma as he paced around his apartment. He jumped slightly when he heard a knock at the door. Fuuma rushed over and opened it.

“Fuuma Monou-san?” the Sumeragi asked quietly.

“Yes, but please just call me Fuuma....um, come in won’t you, have a seat.” Fuuma was a tad edgy.

“Of course and thank you,” Subaru replied as if automatically. He walked into the small apartment and sat down on the couch in the middle of the main room. Subaru was still the same as before, if not worse. He was paler than before but still clad in the same white trench coat with his black turtleneck and pants. He probably got less sleep than Fuuma did, since he had two jobs to maintain. Honestly, it was a miracle in itself that Subaru was still alive. Perhaps the tree was aiding him in that way.

“Would you like some tea?” Fuuma asked a little timidly.

“No, thank you. We should probably just get this over with,” Subaru replied nonchalantly.

“Oh right, um...so what do I need to do exactly. Kamui only explained to me briefly.”

“Well usually, you’re supposed to be in a coma like state...” Fuuma was panicking in his head, “However, I believe I can just put you into a deep sleep with my magic...” Fuuma let out a mental sigh of relief, “If you would be so kind as to lay down and relax,” Subaru casually stated, rising from the couch motioning Fuuma to lie down. Fuuma followed the laying down part, but not the relaxing part. It did not matter much longer though because soon Subaru placed his hand over Fuuma’s eyes and everything went dark for him. Then Subaru placed both of his delicate hands on each side of Fuuma’s, now peaceful looking, face and began to chant a familiar spell.


“I’m still confused!” Kamui complained

“And why might that be, hm?” the Dragon of Earth questioned, rather uninterested.

“Why do you want to wake him up?! It’s an obvious threat to you!”

“Awww. Are you worried about me? And here I was beginning that you didn’t like me…” The Dark Kamui teased before snickering.

“Tch...don’t flatter yourself,” Kamui sneered. The Angel chuckled.

“Heh heh...I know, I know. You’re heart already belongs to another!” Angel said dramatically, but still playful. Kamui’s cheeks turned an interesting shade of red and he looked away. The Dragon of Earth laughed again, “Hey, don’t be shy now. It’s not like you can hide it from me. I can see wishes remember, and I can see your new one quite clearly...” the Angel began to laugh again as Kamui got redder, “You know, you two would be cute together if ever manage to get out of here. I’m sure you’d make him very happy...”

“Sh-SHUT UP! D-Don’t try and change the subject!” Kamui almost shouted. By now Kamui resembled a tomato and brought his hands to his cheeks as if that would help to get their color under control. However the Angel had stopped laughing and now looked thoughtful.

“Well, like I said before, it’s my destiny to fight him and I can’t escape that. The scales aren’t in as much of your favor as you think. It’s only going to end up being me versus him...unless the Sumeragi still can create a kekkai and decides to still fight, but I have a backup plan in store for that…” the Angle added in a little enigmatically.

“But what about....”

“You? Heh, silly. Your name might be Kamui but you are not a “Kamui” meaning one who wields or hunts God’s power. Otherwise Fuuma-kun would have powers too, but he doesn’t. As soon as you and the real Kamui are separated, you will go back to being a normal highschool boy, like Fuuma-kun...”

“But...”

“Think of it this way, you and Fuuma happened to be the Twin stars chosen to the...” the Angel paused to search for the right word, “vessels for the spirits of the two Kamuis.”

“.......oh...” Kamui thought about it but before he could find any closure about it in his mind, a human shaped form became visible in the distant darkness and slowly paced footsteps became audible.

“Subaru-san...”

A.N.: YAY! Another chapter done! Sorry if Subaru’s appearance is a little anti-climatic but don’t worry. He’s going to have more of a part soon! ^_~ Yeah, and uhm, Fuuma lives in an apartment now. Where did he get the money for it? Uhm, well we can pretend his family left him some money ^^; See, it all works out! ^__^ Hopefully I’ll get a chance to write then next chapter soon. Review if ya like! ^_^

ff.net reviewers:

0animatic0: Your reviews never fail to amuse me XD Hope you like the chapter. ^_~

chris pwure: Of course you are forgiven! ^_^ Thank you for your kind compliments. I hope this was able to answer your questions. Hope to see the next chapter of mirror soon ^___^ Oh, and I also responded back to your e-mail ^^

Silver Minamino: A very special thanks to you for putting me on your favorite lists! It gave me so much inspiration! I can die happy now ^_^ I’m glad you like the story! I dunno, I like using two u’s in Fuuma, its fun :P Oh, and I hope it’s not a problem that Kamui and Fuuma are close. It’s what I live for ^^; I plan on making them even closer eventually ::grins evilly:: Opps! Don't wanna spoil too much! Hope you enjoyed chapter 5!

Thanks again everyone. I feel the love! ::starry eyes::