X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Not Over Yet ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 6

“It’s nice to see you again Kamui. Unfortunately I can’t say the same thing about your company,” Subaru said coldly as he approached the two Kamuis.

“Oh ouch,” the Angel laughed as he put his hands over his heart and faked injury. Subaru glared. How he wished that he were not here right now. He was getting along just fine in his life, well as fine as he could anyway. He was trying hard to forget about these people. And seeing them now, especially the face of the Angel, brought back some very painful memories. Subaru could still see Seishirou’s features all too clearly on the Angels face. That alone made his resolve deteriorate somewhat. He tried to shake it off and prepare himself for things to come. Reluctant as he was, he did still want to help Kamui.

‘This isn’t fair...He still looks so much like him…’ Subaru thought dismally. He turned away from the Angel to look at Kamui instead.

“So...what did you need me for Kamui? Did you need my assistance in defeating him? I don’t think I can create my kekkai anymore, however since becoming the...Sakurazukamori, I have two types of magic at my disposal. I believe that could prove useful,” Subaru stated, totally disregarding the Angel standing not too far away who could clearly hear them. Kamui opened his mouth to protest Subaru’s statement when it dawned on him,

‘Hmm...You know what, who cares about waking up this other Kamui? I was a pretty good match for the Angel in the first place and with Subaru-san here, we could easily win. It would be two against one. Killing him shouldn’t affect Fuuma, seeing as I just recently found out that him and me are only bodies to posses for the spirits of the two Kamuis. There should be no physical connection. I could end this right now! And who knows, maybe that will wake up the real “Kamui”...' It all sounded like a great plan in his head, 'I just hope you’re awake right now Fuuma, this could be a bad one...’ The Angel was waiting by patiently for Kamui to tell Subaru what he thought they really wanted, while Kamui remained silent in his own little world.

“Kamui?...” Subaru asked, wondering why Kamui had not answered yet. Kamui looked down and spread his arms apart.

“Kamui?” the Angel questioned, beginning to become a little unsure of what Kamui was thinking, and doing. It all became clear very soon though, when Kamui’s Shinken appeared.

“Yes, Subaru-san. I want you to help me kill him,” Kamui replied lowly, his bangs shrouding his eyes.

“Ohoho....you want to play this game again do you? Alright, fine...have it your way,” the Angel replied as cooly as he could, quickly summoning his Shinken. He took flight while giving Kamui a glare that promised death for his recent treason. Kamui winced slightly at that but prepared to attack anyway. Subaru did not hesitate. Several ofuda were thrown which quickly turned into Subaru’s dove shikigami. The Angel used a psychic blast to disintegrate them and quickly did a 180 to counter the downward slash that Kamui was about to deliver from behind.

And so an unexpected battle was waged. The Angel was proving to be quite formidable against the two. He managed to evade most, but not all of the damage. Eventually, he was able to knock Kamui far enough away, with another psychic blast, so he would not have to worry about him for the time being. Now it was the Dragon of Earth versus the Sumeragi. It was time to use his backup plan, as much as he wished that it had not come down to this. ‘Oh well...’ he thought. The Angel looked toward the Sumeragi and smirked.








Kamui rubbed the back of his head.

“Owwww....hmm...where the heck am I?” Kamui thought aloud as he took in his surroundings and surveyed the damage he sustained. He was not hurt all that badly, save for the blow to his head. Then he quickly stood up and started looking around for Subaru and the Dragon of Earth. ‘Ungh...why does Fuuma’s subconscious have to look the same no matter where you go?’ Kamui sighed and tried to sense the presence of the Angel. He did not have to wait long though because soon he heard a loud, very loud, shout of,

“WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY!!!!!” Kamui’s eyes widened. That sounded like Subaru’s voice. He quickly fled off into the direction he heard it.






“You heard me,” the Angel stated calmly although he was quite taken aback by Subaru’s reaction. The Sumeragi was in utter shock and began to breathe heavily. Kamui had now made his way back to the two. He looked between the Angel and Subaru. The former had a smirk plastered on his face; the latter had dropped to his hands and knees, as well as his ofuda he was holding. He looked as if he had seen a ghost, well... if Subaru was an ordinary person and had seen a ghost.

“What did you do to him?!” Kamui questioned, on the edge of panicking. He kneeled down next to Subaru and placed a hand on his back trying to calm him down. The question he had asked fell on deaf ears, as the Angel was still paying attention to Subaru.

“It’s true, and I can prove it to you, if you let me,” the Angel said nonchalantly to Subaru, willing his Shinken away. He knew the fight was over now. Subaru looked up and said in a quiet voice,

“But...it can’t be. There is no way...that he.....is still alive.”


A.N.: Bwahaha! I’m turning into a regular evil authoress! ^^ Whatchya think of these new developments? Hope it doesn’t feel too rushed. Tell me in a review if you want ^__~ I’m beginning to like them although I’m still afraid of flamers...Don’t worry. I promise Chapter 7 will be up soon, maybe even tomorrow! I was recently attacked by a butt load of inspiration so I have lots of motivation to write and plenty to write about. Ohoho...this fic is definitely going to be longer than I originally anticipated. Hope you'll stick around!

ff.net reviewers:

Angel Of Reincarnation: Thanks again for your reviews! ^_^ Hope you like the new chapter, and I responded back to your e-mail too.

Jaha Canon: I’m glad you like it! Don’t worry, I’ll be writing more very soon! ^_~

Feye Morgan: Thank you...so much! ::starry eyes:: I really appreciate your review! hmmm....well I’ll definitely keep it in mind to go into more depth with the characters. OH! and I LOVE the way you think. I totally agree about Sei-chan. Will he be in the fic? Well after reading this chapter I hope you have an idea! ^_^ Happy holidays to you too!

Until next time then!