X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Not Over Yet ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 7

“What do you mean ‘he is still alive’? What happened?” Kamui kept asking anxiously. Seeing as he was still being ignored, he eventually gave up and just tried to follow that conversation along.

“I ...don’t believe you...It’s impossible. I was there...when he died. I...I killed him!” Subaru protested in near tears, getting desperate to prove that Seishirou was dead. He would not allow himself to believe that Seishirou was still alive. If even the tiniest hope he ever had of seeing Seishirou again was crushed, Subaru believed that he just would not be able to take it. He had been broken once too many times during his life.

“I said I would be able to prove it to you. Shall I tell you what happened to him after Rainbow Bridge?” the Angel questioned, amused by Subaru’s attempts to stop himself from getting his hopes up and control his shock. Subaru nodded. Kamui was dumbfounded.

‘That Sakurazukamori is still alive?! This is crazy! This has to be some sort of underhanded tactic. I’d better keep my eyes on the Dragon of Earth…especially now since I’ve betrayed him,’ Kamui thought. He too was about to falsify the Angels’ announcement, but went silent as the Angel started his story.



Flashback

The Dark Kamui walked into the Dragon of Earth headquarters completely soaked, as if he just jumped in a lake, which was not too far from the truth. He made his way through the hallways of the building to a hospital bed similar to the one he had Kakyou arranged in. In his arms was the limp and bloodied body of Seishirou Sakurazuka, which was equally drenched, in water, and in blood. The Angels that happened to witness their leader come in assumed that they had lost a member to their cause, but went on as usual nonetheless.

“Kazuki, come,” the Dark Kamui commanded as he walked by them.

“Yes father,” Nataku said getting up to follow his leader and "father" close behind. The two made it to that hospital bed and the leader of the Dragons of Earth gently laid Seishirou down. He then took off Seishirou’s bloodied and battered trench coat, suit jacket, and dress shirt to better access the wound. The Dark Kamui brought his hand up to brush away the bangs over Seishirou’s forehead.

“I’m afraid you can’t leave yet. I may still need you. As of late, Kakyou’s predictions of the future baffle me. I honestly don’t know what to do next. If something were to happen to the rest of my Angels, or me, I may need your help,” the leader of the Angels gently whispered. Then he turned his attention to the emotionless being that followed him, “Kazuki, I’ve read some of the information Satsuki has gathered about you. Apparently you have some regenerative powers. Do you think you could try and heal him?”

“But isn’t that man dead, father?”

“He believes he is in his mind. But his body is still lives, just barely. See what you can do about that wound,” the Dark Kamui said pointing to the gaping hole in Seishirou’s bare chest, “However, be cautious not to use too much of your power. I still need you around as well, you know,” he smiled.

“Yes father,” Nataku stated simply although it made him feel something akin to happiness to know that his “father” needed him. He walked over to the hospital bed, unbuttoning his own shirt to expose his chest. He then tapped into his power to use some of his own flesh and blood to replace what Seishirou had lost. In the end, he managed to successfully heal the former Sakurazukamori but came back with a wound that mirrored the one he just healed. Nataku winced at the new pain, but with some time he could probably regenerate his own tissue with an injection of some chemical that was designed for him when he was in the laboratory, since the size of the wound was not that big and, apparently was not fatal. The Dark Kamui inspected Nataku’s handiwork and noted the placement of the wound. It was just above the heart.

“Hm..I knew it. Those two are so hopeless. Seishirou couldn’t even aim for Subaru’s heart if he wanted to. And that in turn was mirrored so Subaru didn’t strike Seishirou’s heart either,” the Angel sighed, even though he was laughing slightly and turned to Seishirou, “ I guess my only problem now is getting you to wake up. I suppose I’ll need the Sumeragi for that. I’m sure he won’t mind helping. But I think I’ll let you sleep for now, until I really need you. Kazuki?”

“Yes?”

“I don’t want anyone to know about this, so don’t tell anyone alright?”

“Yes father.”

“Good,” the Dark Kamui said while cupping Nataku’s face in his palm, “Now, come and help me get him cleaned up.”

End Flashback


Kamui was rendered speechless. Subaru was gaping and in tears.

“I’ll bring you to him, but that will mean stopping this fight...and letting me have control of Fuuma-kun’s body,” the Angel proposed. Kamui did not like the sound of that at all, but if it meant bringing his friend some happiness or closure in his life, then he was all for it. Besides, everyone with eyes could see that Subaru and Seishirou were supposed to be together, but they just could not realize it in time. The latter more so than the former.

‘But how is this going to work without giving the Angel the upper hand? Sure Subaru-san will be out there but he can’t take care of the Angel by himself, can he? Maybe there is a way I can restrain him from inside...’ Kamui thought.

“W-Would you be willing to do this Kamui?” Subaru asked quietly.

“Of course Subaru-san, but I don’t know if we can trust him once he gets into Fuuma’s body,” Kamui pointed out. This only made the Angel chuckle and smirk, which in turn made Kamui glare daggers at him. But before either of them could get riled up, Subaru interrupted.

“Now hold on guys. I suppose we’ll let you back into Fuuma-san’s body, but only to show me where Seishirou-san is. After that Kamui can kick you out and let Fuuma-san have his body back.”

“But how? How can we be sure? ” Kamui queried.

“Relax Kamui. I have two types of magic remember. I’ll teach some spells that will help you,” Subaru said calmly, drying his eyes and composing himself. The Angel waited patiently as Subaru explained the ofudas he was handing Kamui.

‘Oh well...I suppose there really is no other way out of this. If I don’t do this now, then Kamui and Subaru would eventually kill me in battle, and I can’t allow that to happen. On a better note, I am getting an opportunity to reclaim a physical body and...’ the Angel’s thoughts were cut short by Subaru.

“Ok, we’re ready. But there are still some other preparations to make.”

“Of course. Let’s be going then shall we?” And with that last remark from the Dragon of Earth, the three headed out to search for the center of Fuuma’s subconscious, and Fuuma.


A.N.: Whew. Chapter 7’s done. So…whatchya think? Like how I brought Sei-chan back, or am I full of crap? Voice your opinion in a review if ya like! ^_^ Hopefully I’ll be able to work on Chapter 8 soon...maybe tonight...who knows? ^^;

ff.net reviewers:

Feye Morgan: Thank you so much for your comments! Wow. I had no idea you liked this so much! YAY! Sei-chan is coming! Hmm...I must start thinking about how to characterize them, you’re right....I’ll figure it out soon ^^ Keep reviewing. Your reviews tend to give me the most motivation! ^_^ Oh and I really like your X fic “Gift of Peace”! Very cute!

Jaha Canon: It is my first! I swear! ^^; Don’t worry I’ll get the next chapter up as soon as I can. ^__^

chris pwure: Bwahaha! Being evil can be fun ^^; But uh...without the pain and hurt. Don’t strangle me or yourself! Please! See look I posted a new chapter! Happy vibes now! ^_____^ Hope you it!

Thanks again for all your kindness everyone!