X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Not Over Yet ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 8


“Wha-What?! Are you serious?! He’s in here? Like...right now?!” Kamui exclaimed, getting all excited.

“Well yes Kamui. I can’t very well go Within someone if they’re not...well Within. How else would I be able to help them? Although this is a special case,” Subaru stated smiling a little at Kamui’s reaction to finding out that Fuuma was in fact, currently in the vicinity.


“But doesn’t something awful have to happen for him to go Within? He needs to be in a coma or something like that right?”

“Well yes but I used a spell to make him sleep, but it also made him go to sleep…Within himself,” Subaru said, quirking his eyebrows at what he just said.

“That sounds weird.”

“I know,” Kamui laughed a little and Subaru smiled. It was obvious that Subaru was in a slightly better mood than before, or at least willing to be nicer with Kamui now that the fighting had stopped. The two had not seen each other in quite a while and Subaru had figured he would never see Kamui again. He found himself feeling quite relieved to know he was okay and more than willing to help his dear friend. And while the news about Seishirou was, to say the least, shocking for him, he preoccupied his mind with Kamui and thier search since for now.

“Well at least we know he’s not moving around. Then we’d have a heck of a time trying to find him,” the Dragon of Earth piped in. The two Seals nodded and continued on, not knowing exactly where to go.

“So, where do you go when you go and visit Fuuma?” the Angel asked after they had walked around a bit more.

“Uhm, I just try and get far enough away from you, then do the magic to create an illusion,” Kamui said sweatdropping. The Angel laughed.

“Yes, I'm sure you wouldn’t want me eavesdropping or something right?”

“Damn right! You’ll just tease me till I feel like crawling in a hole and dying!” The Angel laughed again. Subaru could not help but smile.

“Do you think you might be able to sense Fuuma, Kamui?” Subaru asked gently.

“Heh heh, yeah, he’s your boyfriend right? Don’t you two share a deep connection because of your love or something corny like that?” the Angel threw in. Kamui’s face went deep red.

“D-don’t be stupid! He’s not my boyfriend!” This, of course, only made the Angel laugh harder and Kamui get redder.

“Uhm, well can you Kamui?” Subaru asked again, although he still had a smile on his face. Who knew teasing someone could be so amusing? Before Subaru could link that thought with Hokuto and get all depressed again, Kamui answered,

“No, I don’t think I can. I can only sense the comedian over here,” Kamui said pointing to the Angel who had a smirk plastered on his face.

“Oh, well maybe you can sense him then,” Subaru suggested to the Angel.

“Yeah. I’m sure there must be some sort of bond between you two since he is your chosen, oh how did you put it, vessel?” Kamui tried to counter. But the Angel gave Kamui a “look” that made Kamui back off.

“Well let’s see...” the Angel closed his eyes and tried to concentrate. Sure enough he managed to detect a familiar presence a little ways away from where they stood, “Well whadya know, shorty is right. Please, follow me,” the Angel said casually.

“Shorty?!” Kamui cried.

“He is so easy to tick off,” the Angel laughed leaning towards Subaru but loud enough for Kamui to hear. Subaru was trying hard not to allow his smile to grow but it was difficult, watching the ones who were supposed to decide the fate of the world bicker like children.

The three of them continued walking, following the Angel’s lead. Suddenly Subaru stopped. He saw something in the water of the “ground”.

“Hey, hold on. Look at the water,” Subaru told them. They looked down to find the beginnings of a symbol. There was a glowing golden light. They looked around in the distance. It was huge! An enormous circle stretched out before them through the water with a smaller circle inside it. There where Hebrew symbols all along the border of the smaller circle, similar to the symbols on the Shinken. And from where Subaru was, he saw the beginnings of a pentagram starting from a point on the smaller circle. He could not see the rest because it was too far away.

“I have a feeling that we’ll find Fuuma in the center of the pentagram,” Subaru said looking forward. Kamui did not waste a second as he ran as fast as he could toward the center. Sure enough, right in the middle of the glowing pentagon of the pentagram, was Fuuma curled up in an almost fetal position. Kamui lowered himself to the floor and shook Fuuma gently. Tears of joy were running down his face, happy he was finally able to actually touch Fuuma again.

“ Fu-Fuuma…you awake? It’s me Kamui,” Kamui asked in a shaky voice. Fuuma did not respond. By this time the Angel and Subaru had made their way over.

“Oh, you won’t be able to wake him up like that. Here let me,” Subaru said kneeling down next to Kamui. He put his palm over Fuuma’s eyelids and chanted something, “That'll wear off after a half hour or so, so uhm...take care of him until then.”

“ Oh yes, I’m sure Kamui’ll take real good care of Fuuma-kun,” the Angel teased with another naughty grin on his face. Kamui tried to give his best glare but it was hard because he was blushing. Subaru, not wanting to go through another one of their arguments, decided to cut in.

“Should we wait until Fuuma-san wakes up and tell him, or just have Kamui tell him and go now?”

“Eh...let’s go now. Give those two some "quality" time...heh."

“Alright then we’ll need Fuuma-san out of the pentagon. I’m guessing this is where you need to be to take control,” Subaru told them. Kamui went to try and carry Fuuma, holding him with one arm under Fuuma’s knees and the other underneath Fuuma’s back and through his arms. He slowly walked over to a piece of debris that was conveniently near by and gently placed Fuuma down. Arranging him in, what he thought would be a comfortable position, with his head in his lap. He lovingly brushed Fuuma’s bangs out of his peaceful looking face. He moved his fingers past the bangs and began to caress the side of Fuuma’s face. Fuuma sighed contently in his sleep, leaning into Kamui’s gentle hands. Kamui could not take his eyes off him. He would have gone into detail about every single feature in his mind, but Subaru interrupted his thoughts.

“Alright Kamui, we’re leaving. Don’t forget about those ofuda and pay attention to the Dark Kamui’s aura. I’m counting on you in case he decides to try something,” Subaru said sounding as if he were a mother leaving her child home alone for the first time.

“Ok, you be careful out there. And good luck Subaru-san,” Kamui said smiling.

“Don’t worry about me, and thank you.” And with that, Subaru drew himself out and disappeared. The other Kamui went to the center of the pentagram. It flared up and then the Angel disappeared too. Now it was just Kamui and Fuuma.

A.N.: Two chapters in one day…man I’m tired now -_- Anyway hope you like it! Next up we have two, count em two, reunions with my two all time favorite couples. So expect fluff and sap and all that jazz. Review if ya like! ^_^

ff.net reviewers:

fairy of irrelevence : Ok, I’ve got a lot to respond to from you! ^_^ I’m glad you took the time read and review my fic! Thank you for the Kamui cookie, Fuuma cookie and Sei-chan plushie! (wow I’ve got quite a collection ^^) I’m happy you like my fic! It’s hard to bring Fuuma’s feelings in all of the time since, yeah, he is kinda the setting (wow that IS kinda weird). I’ll try and do better! Sorry if Subaru came off so dull and indifferent, but that’s how I would kinda picture him in his situation. I’ll try and improve on his character too ^^ I tried to add a little more…uhm…personality to Subaru in this chapter with Kamui but that’s all you’ll probably get out of me as far as they go ^^; (You probably don’t want me to get into my reasons for my anti-Subaru/Kamui…uhm… campaign…maybe one day I’ll put a top ten reasons that Kamui and Subaru make a bad couple in my bio or something XD) As for the fluff, don’t worry there is more coming soon! I promise!

Until next time! Thank you and goodnight!