X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Not Over Yet ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 11

The Angel watched closely as the last of Subaru’s spell was chanted. Subaru then lay quietly atop Seishirou.

‘Finally…maybe now I can get something accomplished,’ he thought as he stood up and looked around. His eyes fell on the hospital bed behind him. He could not see much behind the translucent curtains that billowed around it, but he could have sworn he saw a human-shaped form resting there. Curiosity got the best of him so he pulled back the curtains to reveal none other than the comatose form of Kakyou.

‘Kakyou?…I was almost positive that he would’ve been dead by now…how very interesting. He just may prove quite useful.’ He came up to Kakyou’s pale body and checked to see if it was really true. Sure enough, Kakyou still had a faint pulse. The machinery that surrounded him were still keeping him alive. The Dark Kamui decided to pay the dreamseer a visit and forced himself into Kakyou’s dreamscape.

Kakyou sighed for what must have been the millionth time. He was sitting in his usual ocean dreamscape listening to the illusionary waves and pondering why fate was so cruel. This would have lasted until a dream of the future eventually interrupted, but the sound of footsteps alerted him.

“Greetings Kakyou. I must say that it’s an unexpected pleasure to see you again,” the Dark Kamui laughed as he made his entrance, walking towards Kakyou. Kakyou was not amused, and if he was even slightly surprised at having a guest after such a long time, he did not show it.

“What is it that you want?” Kakyou asked bitterly.

“Is that any way to greet your leader?” the Dark Kamui tsked.

“Hmph…you’re not the leader of much anymore.”

“But I’m still your leader none the less,” the Dark Kamui smirked. “ I must say that I’m quite shocked to see you’re still alive…then again, you were waiting for me to kill you right?” Kakyou looked away and did not respond. “I apologize. I didn’t think that I would be in this situation after the Promised Day.”

“I almost died…I was just about to join Hokuto…but I was suddenly pulled back. Apparently destiny isn’t through with me yet. I must still have a purpose to fulfill,” Kakyou told the Dark Kamui hopelessly. The Dark Kamui looked thoughtful.

“Do you know what it is?”

“No.”

“Hmm…What do your dreams tell you?” Kakyou let out a heavy sigh.

“It hasn’t changed much. I still see two dueling figures. I can’t tell when, where, or who the victor is, but it’s still the two Kamuis.”

“I see…”

“I guess that means the battle will be Within that boy’s body then, since there are two figures…”

“Maybe…” ‘No way…I’m not going back there unless it’s absolutely necessary…Only if that’s the one way to awaken the other Kamui…otherwise I’m not letting this opportunity go to waste…if I can slip passed Kamui and Subaru and summon my Shinken, then I’m going to try and end this…the only real problem is Kamui…I can deal with Subaru…but Kamui will be able to pull me back…if only there was some way to distract him…’ the Dark Kamui thought. “Kakyou? Are you able to show me what’s going on Within me?”

“I could, yes.”

“Then please do…”

Hesitantly, the ocean dreamscape disappeared and turned mostly to darkness. Above their heads a scene was played out. Kamui and Fuuma were still clinging to each other. Kamui was sitting on the ground while Fuuma was almost lying on top of him. Fuuma had his resting on Kamui’s chest again looking very relaxed, almost falling asleep. He had his arms around Kamui’s waist. Kamui sat slumped forward a little to bury his face in Fuuma in Fuuma’s hair, one arm around Fuuma’s shoulders, the other cradling Fuuma’s head and stroking his dark locks. He looked like he was deep in thought.

‘My my…how touching…’ the Dark Kamui thought sardonically. ‘Well, he didn’t seem to react when I entered the dreamscape…maybe he’s too wrapped up in his little friend to notice…it might work if I’m careful enough. But then there’s the Sumeragi and Seishirou to deal with…I better do something soon. If those two decide to wake up, then it’s all over and I’ll have to go back.’

“Kakyou?”

Kakyou turned his envious gaze away from Kamui and Fuuma. ‘To think I could be in a similar situation with Hokuto right now if fate hadn’t intervened…’ “What is it?”

“Can you show me what’s going on Within other people?”

“I might be, but it depends on who.”

“Seishirou.” Kakyou concentrated on his dreamscape to bring in another “window” next to the one that displayed Kamui and Fuuma. After some moments, the situation Within Seishirou could easily be viewed. It was strikingly similar to Kamui and Fuuma’s. Seishirou was resting against the trunk of his tree with Subaru on his lap. Both had their arms wrapped around each other, looking almost content. Seishirou would periodically place a tentative kiss on Subaru’s forehead. “Your skills never cease to amaze me Kakyou,” the Dark Kamui laughed. Kakyou did not respond. For now he was tortured by another scene of lovers being reunited. Something he desired for such a long time, and was so close to receiving, yet still denied for who knows how long. The Dark Kamui studied both situations, trying to formulate a decent plan.

‘Hmm…well it’s obvious that Seishirou won’t even consider fighting against his Sumeragi now. I doubt they will just stand by idly while I “end the world”. The only remaining option is to oppose me. They’d have the greater advantage too….well it doesn’t look like they’re going anywhere soon. I could take care of both of them right now, while they’re Within. But Kamui may still notice when I summon my Shinken. There has got to be something I can do…’ He noted the placement of Kamui and Fuuma. While they were not in the center of the pentagram, they were still in the boundaries of it.

“What are you planning?” Kakyou asked suddenly. The Dark Kamui turned his attention to Kakyou with a devious smile.

“Nothing out of the ordinary for me. Just trying to fulfill the task I was chosen to carry out.”

“But of course,” Kakyou replied sarcastically.

“Tell me Kakyou. Do you know if I would be able to affect the people Within me?”

“I have no idea. You’re not really supposed to have people Within you like that. It’s a very strange situation.”

“Hmph.” Kakyou looked at what the Dark Kamui was looking at.

“Oh. I see…You think you may be able to attack those two because they are inside the boundaries of that symbol? I suppose it’s possible, since you have to be able to access that area in order to have control of that boy’s body.”

“My thinking exactly. Perhaps there is a way to test it. Hmm…can you zoom out so I can see the whole symbol?” Kakyou hesitated and gave an annoyed glare to the Dark Kamui. “Please Kakyou. I promise, that one way or another, your wish will be granted. You’re only stalling things by not helping me.”

“Fine,” Kakyou sighed as he concentrated on the task at hand. He made it so the scene was zoomed out and the entire symbol could be seen. The leader of the Angels focused in on a spot far enough away from the visible range of Kamui and Fuuma. He sent a spark of his energy inwardly and was delighted to see the resulting damage it had on the environment. The test was a success, although he experienced a small amount of some sort of backlash since it was almost like he was attacking himself.

‘No big deal. I’ll just hurry up and place some relatively strong bindings on Kamui. Then I’ll get rid of Subaru and Seishirou so the backlash won’t really matter since there will be no one in my way.’ The Dark Kamui looked back at Subaru and Seishirou. Subaru was smiling as Seishirou was telling him something apparently. Then they went back to holding each other.

“Kakyou, can you zoom back in please.” Kakyou did so and the Dark Kamui looked back over each situation one last time. It seemed none of them were even faintly suspicious or going anywhere anytime soon. “Alright good. Thank you Kakyou.” Kakyou did not acknowledge the Dark Kamui’s gratitude.

“Are you leaving then?” Kakyou asked while changing his dreamscape back to the beach scenario.

“Yes,” the Dragon of Earth replied, heading towards the “exit”, “It’s time to put my plans into effect.”

A.N.: YAY! Another chapter done! Sorry this chapter may seem boring, but I promise the next one will have more action in it ^^ Yeah, I brought Kakyou back now too. I hate to torture him like that, but I needed him ^^; Anyway, review if you want to.

ff.net reviewers:

fairy of irrelevence: I’m glad you see some of my reasoning for my anti S/K-ness^^ Perhaps one day I’ll be able to convert you ::evil smile:: Thank you for your reviews! Hope you liked the chapter! Btw, did you get the e-mail I sent you? Yeah, I still haven’t got you’re pic yet T.T Maybe try again, if you haven’t already.

Feye Morgan: ::blushes:: wow, thank you very much! ^^ I’m glad you like it so much! I’ll try to keep up the good work for you! OH! and I love your new fic “Rules of the Game”! ^___^ I can’t wait till you update!

Liviania: Thank you for your compliments! Hope you liked the chapter!

chris pwure: wow! I must have done something right to get a declaration of love out of you ^^; I’ll see what I can do about putting even more S/S in. Thanks for your review. I responded back to your e-mail too ^_^

Angel Of Reincarnation: YAY! Thank you! Here’s a big smiley just for you! ^__________________________________________________________________________ _^

Thanx again everyone!