X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Not Over Yet ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 12

Note: “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx” indicates a scene change; acts as a “meanwhile” but that would have been annoying to type (and read) over and over so I only used it at the start -_-;

Meanwhile…

“You still awake?”

Fuuma looked up from where he was resting on Kamui’s chest into his deep purple orbs.

“Mmhm…just thinking is all,” Fuuma smiled.

“Oh…you’ve been awfully quiet for a while, I was just wondering. Then again, you’ve always been a rather quiet one, ne?” Kamui said smiling back, trying to lighten the mood a little.

“Hm, maybe. That’s not a problem is it?”

Kamui giggled, “Please! It’s a well-appreciated relief. The last thing we'd need right now is someone loud and panicky. I must say that you’ve been taking this all rather well, I’m impressed!” Kamui said excitedly, but then sighed, “Then again you’ve always been so calm and understanding as well. I admire you for that…” Kamui said not meeting Fuuma’s eyes, faint blush making its way across his face. Fuuma blushed as well, at receiving such compliments from someone who meant so much to him. Kamui spoke up again, “ I’m really sorry for all of this Fuuma. I hope it will all be over soon. Then you can go back to living a somewhat normal life,” Kamui said with an ironic, almost bitter smile.

“Heh…my life will never be normal,” Fuuma said with a similar expression, “But hey, it’s alright with me. You just do what you need to do Kamui,” he said much more heartfelt.

“Thank you…” Kamui whispered, “I wish there was some way to make it up to you.”

“Oh there’s no need for that. But…”

“But what?”

“Just…I don’t know…see if there’s a way for you to get out of here. I don’t want you trapped in here forever. I want you out there…with me,” Fuuma said gently as not to be too demanding, looking into Kamui’s eyes. It almost made Kamui cry; he could feel his eyes watering up. Returning to the real world was something he was almost positive he would never do again. After all, he did pretty much “die”. But he just did not want to give up the hope that maybe he could return. He did not want to accept the fact that this could quite possibly be his last time to be with Fuuma in person.

“I’ll see what I can do…but I’m not much more informed about this situation than you. But if there’s ever a chance, you can be sure I’ll take it,” Kamui smiled as a tear rolled down his check. Fuuma pulled Kamui against him in a comforting hug as Kamui began to sob. “I’m sorry…that’s all I can promise you right now…I-I mean yeah, I would love nothing more than to get out of here with you, but I-I…I just…”

“Shhh. It’s ok,” Fuuma comforted, rubbing soothing circles along Kamui’s back, “That’s all I ask for. I’ll understand if it’s really impossible. It’s alright.” Kamui nodded, getting his sobs under control.

“Of course you understand,” Kamui sighed, drying his eyes on his sleeve, “You’re Fuuma.” Fuuma could not help but smile. They both remained quiet for a while after that, once again lost in their own worlds thinking.

‘What is it exactly that I feel for Kamui?’ Fuuma thought, a question that haunted him more than ever as of late. He looked down at the delicate boy in question who was nuzzling his shoulder. ‘Well yeah sure I love him…but to what extent? We’ve were the best of friends when we were kids. Almost like brothers, but closer. We’re still best friends right now, as far as I know. But do best friends act as closely as we do? Heh…then again, how many best friends have found themselves in a situation quite like this? Am I…am I in love with him?……the concept doesn’t disgust me…and this isn’t the first time I’ve questioned the possibility…especially when he first returned after those six years…I had missed him so much…but then there was Kotori, so I pushed it aside…but now....He's just so beautiful...I feel…so…I don’t know…I want to protect him more than ever. I want to help and support him, to hold him, make his misery go away, see him smile...and so much more…I'd love nothing more than to stay with him forever...wow…I think that’s proof enough. It's much too late to stop myself now…my feelings for you, Kamui, run much deeper than friendship or “brotherly” love…I love you, Kamui. I really do...’ Fuuma thought as he gently cradled Kamui and smiled. He felt a warm feeling ignite inside him at his recent conclusion, not guilty or nervous at all. Just happy, and a bit relieved.

“I wonder how long Subaru-san is going to take?” Kamui asked more to himself than Fuuma. Kamui really had no clue if they had even located Seishirou yet. Not that he wanted him to hurry up or anything, but he did not like the thought of the Angel being out there too long. Then again that would mean less time with Fuuma, and his nice, warm arms that he currently resting in, quite comfortably.

“…I have no idea…” Fuuma said, a sense of panic washed over him.

‘That’s right…my time here with Kamui is limited…very much so…This could very well be the last time that I’ll ever be able to actually hold him or touch him…should I tell him how I feel…Tell him that I lo-‘

Fuuma’s thoughts were interrupted by Kamui who suddenly jumped up and gasped. He had a terrified look on his face.

“What is it Kamui?” Fuuma asked concerned.

“I just felt something form the Angel……I-I have a bad feeling about this…”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Dark Kamui pulled back the curtains that surrounded Kakayou’s bed. He had a smirk on his face as he made his way to the bed where Subaru and Seishirou lay.

‘But before I deal with them…there’s the small matter of Kamui…hmm…I wonder if he felt it when I left the dreamscape…oh well, it won’t matter much longer’ He concentrated inwardly and tried to locate his twin star. ‘Ha…there you are…Now do me a favor and hold still for a while,’ the Angel thought as he casted his binding spell on a somewhat unsuspecting Kamui.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” Kamui screamed as he felt the affects of a rather painful binding spell overcome him. He was suspended midair against some painfully tight invisible chains.

“Kamui?! Kamui what’s going on?” Fuuma panicked getting up, reaching to Kamui to try and bring him down.

“I…can’t…move…ARGH!…” Kamui choked out through gritted teeth as he struggled to move his arms and legs trying to grab the ofuda, but it was in vain.

‘Dammit! Argh!! How was he able to pull this off?!?’ Kamui thought desperately as he continued to struggle. He had to get free soon, HAD to. Who knew what the Angel was up to? And worse yet, Subaru could be in danger.

“What should I do?” Fuuma asked anxiously.

“AH!…uhm….I don’t know…I’m not sure if there’s anything you can do…” Kamui said helplessly, trying to concentrate his power into breaking the binds. It was then he realized that his time with Fuuma was going to have to come to an abrupt end. He had to get Fuuma back into his rightful place. Otherwise they were all doomed. “Fuuma!…Get into the center of the pentagram for now…I’m going to need to send you back.” Kamui felt like crying again.

Fuuma looked shocked at first but then nodded and did as told, a sinking feeling in his stomach. Kamui went back to trying to break the binds, but his concentration was interrupted. He sensed the Angel again. He sensed him summoning his Shinken. Kamui’s eyes widened.

“Oh God no!”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


‘So far so good,’ the Angel thought, an evil smile on his face as he admired his Shinken that was recently beckoned. He did feel a bit sick though. The backlash he was not exactly prepared for. However, that did not hinder him at all. He turned his attention to the sleeping couple again.

“Well I hoped you two enjoyed your little reunion while it lasted. You shouldn’t be all that sad though…I’ll kill you both so you can be together in the next life…or something like that…heh…I must thank you, though, Subaru-kun. Without you I would never have gotten this far. To show my gratitude, I think I’ll Kill you first. See what kind of response that evokes out of your Seishirou-san,” the Dark Kamui laughed evilly. He then raised the Shinken slowly above his head…

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

‘Please…PLEASE…I can’t let him do this…I have to stop him…Why isn’t this working…I have to get free!’ Kamui thought desperately struggling when suddenly,

*Ok…but he’s going to be pissed when he gets back here,* a voice within Kamui chirped. It sounded like his own. But before he could ponder it any longer a surge of power shot through him.

A loud scream and the breaking of glass alerted Fuuma’s attention. Kamui was now on his feet scrambling for the ofuda. Kamui had broken free and was rushing towards him. He threw one of Subaru’s attacking ofuda and the pentagram began to light up around him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Suddenly the Dark Kamui felt a painful tug within him and he flinched, changing the angle of his sword. However, it did not stop the swords’ intended downward path and the next thing the Dark Kamui saw was the splash of blood as the metal blade was imbedded into the Sumeragi’s body.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Maybe we should wake up now, ne Subaru-kun?” Seishirou asked bringing up one of the Sumeragi’s hands to his lips. Subaru sighed.

“But I’m so comfortable right here,” Subaru said tilting his head up and smiling at Seishirou who was currently gently kissing his knuckles. Subaru blushed.

“Well we can do this again when we wake if you wish Subaru-kun. This certainly isn’t going to be the last time,” Seishirou chuckled lightly.

“Mm. You’re right,” Subaru said quietly as Seishirou was leaning in for another kiss. They would have too…if Seishirou had not noticed Subaru’s eyes widen suddenly in pain. Subaru slowly looked down at his own body in confusion, and almost horrifying fascination as he observed a crimson stain rapidly spreading on the left side of his trench coat. He looked up to Seishirou one last time before collapsing on top of him. Then began to slowly fade away into nothingness.

“SUBARU-KUN!!”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Dark Kamui could feel himself weakening. The little tugs he felt were now getting painful. Backlash was not helping things either. He tried to compose himself enough to take action.

‘Maybe I can rebind Kamui…’ he thought. At that moment, he felt the Sumeragi returning back to himself, no longer able to sustain the power to remain Within. While the wound he inflicted was no scratch, it would not do for his purposes and Seishirou was still alive too. ‘Maybe not…I gotta get rid of these two first before they get up…then I can deal with Kamui…’ the Angel thought, raising his sword unsteadily for another strike. By this time Seishirou had awoken, eyes widening by what he saw. Without thinking he gathered Subaru in his arms, turned them both over so his back was facing the Dark Kamui, and waited for the pain.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An immense amount of power was building up, making the landscape of Fuuma’s conscious almost tremble. A loud rumble was increasing in volume. Light was flaring up along the pentagram much more intensely. Kamui was using everything he had at his disposal, including most of Subaru’s ofuda. He was sending more of his energy into the pentagram to try to stop or stall the Angel while trying to use the ofuda. He finally came across the sequence of ofuda that he would need to force the Dark Kamui out. With almost inhuman speed, he set them in place while chanting the keywords Subaru told him to remember. The pentagram flared up an almost blinding light preparing to send Fuuma back.

“Fuuma!” Kamui shouted as he made his way over to him to say his goodbye, “I’m sorry it had to end like thi-” Kamui was suddenly silenced by Fuuma pressing his lips to his in a rushed kiss. Kamui was too shocked to respond and it was basically over before it started.

“I love you Kamui,” Fuuma shouted over the noise looking straight at Kamui, “I just... had to tell you, in case this was our last time to be together like this...” Fuuma’s voice echoed as he faded away. Kamui was frozen in place.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


“ARGH!!!!” the Dark Kamui was trying desperately to fight back but it was to no avail. He could feel Fuuma’s presence slowly overtake his own, and he could not finish his attack. He dropped his Shinken which was, mere centimeters from touching Seishirou’s skin, and clutched his head as if trying to hold on to what little control he had left of Fuuma’s body. But all too quickly he began to sink, sinking back Within Fuuma and into the landscape of his consciousness. When he eventually opened his eyes, he was greeted by a bewildered Kamui who was standing there staring into space.

‘How is a pathetic little boy like him able to foil my strategies so much?!’ the Angel thought, managing to conceal his rapidly increasing frustration somewhat. He had lost probably his only decent opportunity. Oh…Kamui was going to pay dearly for that…


A.N.: Hmm….you know what? Writing this chapter was kinda fun ^^; Hope it doesn’t feel too rushed or is confusing to anyone…Lemme know what you think. Yeah I left you all on a cliffhanger I know. What’s the Angel gonna do? What’s going to happen to Kamui? What happened to Seishirou? What’s going to happen with Fuuma? What was that voice?
All will be revealed in the next chapter. Oh and before I get any death threats or anything like that, SUBARU IS NOT DEAD! ^__^

ff.net reviewers:

“.” :Thank you! I will! Don’t worry. Could you maybe leave a name next time though? Pretty please?

fairy of irrelevence: Oh ok, I won’t try and rid you of the S/K virus if you really like being infected with it ^^; j/k Go on and write your S/K and I’ll leave you alone ^^ Still no e-mail ;_; I wish I could help you out but I’ve never scanned anything before either. WAHHHHHH!!!!! I want my picture! ToT Anyway, I hope you figure out what you want to do with Bent and update it soon. Wow. You’re going to be busy with all those fics. I can barely handle one ^^; Eh… I would read your new fic but I’m guessing that it’s going to end S/K like and therefore going to break up Fuuma and Kamui, my favorite couple ::sniff sniff:: it does bad things for the kamuichan99 morale ^^; OH! To answer your question, yes Dark Kamui and Kakyou were in Kakyou’s dreamscape talking. I’m using the dreamscape and Within as two different planes. Dark Kamui is out from being Within Fuuma cuz he had to take Subby to Sei-chan so he’s controlling Fuuma’s body right now er…was after you read this chapter. So now Fuuma is…er was… in the Dark Kamui’s place, which would be Within, and subsequently with Kamui. Kamui never went anywhere. And yeah, hope that answered your question…but now that I look at it I probably confused you more >_< Well maybe this chapter helped a little. Can’t wait for the end of Bent! ^__^ Thanx for reviewing!

Feye Morgan: Oh! Thank you so much! Glad you liked Kakyou. Oh and don’t worry I didn’t kill em. That would just be too angsty ^^; Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Can’t wait for more of “Rules of the Game”!

0animatic0: LOL! Yes I’m sorry he had to ruin the lemons. That was his plan all along, just to be sadistic like that ^^; Thanx for the review! Next chappie will hopefully be up soon.

Liviania: ^^; Your reviews are always so…unique. Hope you like the chapter!

Angel Of Reincarnation: Dun worry bout Kakyou. I’ll try and be nice ^^ Can’t wait to read your fic!

daria: Glad you like it! Thank you! But uh… I dunno if you read past chapter 1 or not so yeah there is more!

chris pwure: YAY! She’s back! ::throws small party:: ^^; Dun you worry bout Kakyou either, he’ll get rewarded for his cooperativeness in due time^^ Hope you liked the chapter and that you update mirror soon!

Thanks again people! I can’t believe I actually have 50 reviews! ^___^