X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Not Over Yet ❯ Chpater 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 13

After a few moments of silence, Seishirou chanced looking back. He turned over to see a bewildered Fuuma, who was currently blinking a few times looking around confused. Seishirou was a bit confused himself. But before he could ponder what exactly was going on, he focused his attention on Subaru. Subaru was lying on top of him unconscious and bleeding profusely from the stab wound. He gently pulled Subaru back a little to inspect the damage incurred. Seishirou winced slightly when he saw it; it looked pretty deep and was still oozing with blood. Acting quickly, he tore a rather large portion of some of the less blood-stained bed sheets and rolled it into a make shift bandage. He then removed Subaru’s trench coat and wrapped the bandage around him to apply pressure to the wound in attempts to lessen the bleeding.

“Oh wow! We better get him to a hospital quick!” Fuuma suddenly spoke up noticing Seishirou’s attempts to bandage Subaru and all the pooling blood in the hospital bed, “Here let me help you with him.” Seishirou gave him a questioning glance as Fuuma walked over and began to pick up Subaru in his arms.

“Just what do you think you’re doing?” Seishirou asked with a low, dangerous tone. While he could tell that the person before him was not the Dark Kamui any longer, he was still wary of him.

“I-I’m just tr-trying to help is all…” Fuuma said defending himself. Then it occurred to him that Seishirou probably knew nothing of the situation. “L-listen there’s no time to explain all this now. W-we’ve got to get him some help first,” Fuuma stated nervously, indicating Subaru. Seishirou just seemed so intimidating to him. Seishirou could not hide his worried expression at the mention of his wounded Subaru-kun, or the slight twinge of jealously at Fuuma who was holding him. Emotions were hitting up Seishirou rapid fire. The need to hide them seemed to disappear. “Do you know your way around here?” Fuuma asked quietly.

“Yeah, somewhat,” Seishirou replied sitting up. He noticed that he only had his black dress pants on and quickly looked around for shoes and a shirt. He stood up testing out his sore muscles from being “dead” for a while. He quickly managed to locate his belongings on a table not too far away and slipped on the shoes and his dress shirt, which still had the evidence of Rainbow Bridge all over it. He didn’t bother with socks or buttoning up his shirt and hastily headed for the exit, motioning for Fuuma to follow.

They eventually made it to the nearest hospital and got Subaru to the proper treatment he required. Paperwork taken care of, Seishirou was now sitting impatiently in the waiting room resting his chin in the palm of his hand, wishing he had a cigarette. He ignored the strange looks people were giving him about his current appearance.

“Uhm…here,” Fuuma said cautiously, holding out one of the cups of coffee he went and got from the cafeteria. Seishirou looked up.

“Oh…thank you,” Seishirou said taking a sip.

“No problem,” Fuuma said sitting down doing the same.

“Well, it’s pretty obvious that you’re not the same guy who leads the Dragons of Earth. So who exactly are you?” Seishirou asked casually.

“Oh right. Uhm, my name’s Monou Fuuma…uh…this is the real me I guess, before I changed into the other Kamui. I’m just an ordinary high school student,” Fuuma said timidly, looking at his coffee.

“I see…My name’s Sakurazuka Seishirou by the way. I think I may have met you once before,” Seishirou stated wondering what kind of reaction he would get if Fuuma did in fact remember.

“Really? I-I don’t think I remember…my memories of those times are kinda hazy,” Fuuma said laughing slightly.

“Oh well, never mind then,” Seishirou chuckled, “You think you’d be able to tell me somewhat of what’s going on?”

“Hmm, I’ll try…but I don’t know much either, but…well after the Promised Day, Kamui managed to bring me back and um…like…force out the uh Dark Kamui? Is that what you guys called him?” Seishirou nodded and waited for him to continue. “Anyway, in order to get the Dark Kamui out um…Kamui…well I don’t know exactly what he did but, as of now, they are both uhm…within me. Does that make sense?” asked Fuuma, scratching the back of his head.

“Mm. Somewhat. I suppose I’ll ask about the rest from Subaru-kun when he gets better, if he does,” Seishirou sighed and took another sip of his coffee.

“What did the doctors say?”

“They haven’t told me anything yet.”

“Oh…” Fuuma paused, “Well I’m sure that he’ll be just fine,” he added in smiling slightly. Seishirou wished he could be so optimistic, or at least do something to reduce the worry and anxiousness he felt.

“Are you the ones here for Sumeragi-san?” a middle aged nurse asked suddenly coming into the waiting room. She looked at both men expectantly.

“Yes,” Seishirou said, him and Fuuma standing up to meet the nurse. “How is he?” She looked down at her clipboard and read over some notes.

“Well, he’s resting right now. We want to keep him here over night and see how he’s doing tomorrow. Then we’ll go from there. He lost a lot of blood but don’t worry. He’s going to be ok,” the nurse smiled. Seishirou let out a mental sigh of relief and smiled.

“Can I see him?” Seishirou asked somewhat earnestly.

“Mm..I suppose there’s no harm in that, as long as you don’t disturb him from his rest. Room 204.”

“Thank you,” Seishirou said with a charming smile. The nurse nodded then walked back out the door.

“Well that’s good to hear. I’m happy for both of you,” Fuuma grinned, “Well I suppose I should be heading back home now.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, it’s getting rather late,” Fuuma pointed out noticing the clock in the waiting room.

“Alright,” Seishirou nodded, “Thank you Monou-kun.”

“No need to thank me, I didn’t do anything,” he chuckled, “You should probably be thanking Kamui, not me,” Fuuma looked down and smiled remembering what he had confessed to said boy earlier.

“Yeah, you’re probably right, but you did help bring Subaru-kun here,” Seishirou said as-a-matter-of-factly.

“It was nothing,” Fuuma waved his hand for emphasis, “Well I guess I’ll see you around then. Good luck to both of you. Tell Subaru-san I hope he gets well soon.”

“Yeah, don’t worry I will. Till next time then Monou-kun.” They both smiled politely at each other then turned in opposite directions; one to the exit, and one to go see his beloved.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

While he did not show it openly, the Dragon of Earth was seething, frustrated to no ends. Being stuck at the mercy of Kamui yet again. Stuck inside with no ideas of how to get out and most likely without any cooperation from his companion, not that he particularly needed it. He would have liked to remedy that situation, but unfortunately he just did not have the energy. As of right now, he felt as if he were going to pass out. Being forced out of Fuuma the first time had taken enough out of him. Now he had those effects combined with backlash that was making him feel very sick. He gave an icy glare to Kamui while finding a piece of debris to sit down on. Kamui was standing not too far away with his arms crossed, one hand touching his lips lightly in remembrance. He appeared to be thinking deeply, until he saw the look the Angel was giving him.

“Hey! Don’t look at me like that! You can’t blame me. Had I not interfered, you could have killed one of my friends,” Kamui said suddenly, and then asked, “They are still alive right?” The Angel smirked.

“Yes Kamui, they’re both alive as far as I know, even if I did manage to hurt one,” the Angel said casually.

“Oh God, who?” Kamui panicked.

“The Sumeragi.” Kamui’s features darkened, a bitter smile slowly spread across his face.

“So that was your little revenge huh? Trying to get back at me for earlier?”

“Oh please, I’m not that petty,” the Angel said standing up. He realized that was a bad idea though, for his vision began to blur and make him see double. He sat back down and rubbed his eyes.

“What’s wrong with you? Backlash or something?” Kamui asked skeptically.

“As a matter of fact…”

“Hmph. How’d you manage to do that anyway?”

“Do what?”

“Attack me like that.”

“Had some help from Kakyou,” the Angel said simply, not really wanting to talk.

“Kakyou?” Kamui asked curiously.

“The dreamseer of the Dragons of Earth…” the Angel sighed.

“Oh, I think I met him once before…he’s still alive?” the Angel smirked.

“Believe me, he’s not too happy about that fact.”

“Oh…” Kamui said looking away. They both remained quiet for a while, Kamui trying to straighten things out in his mind, the Angel longing for a nap and that everything would stop spinning.

“I uh…think I got the real Kamui to speak to me,” Kamui said hesitantly, not sure if he should be telling the Angel this. But he figured that if anyone knew something about the Dragon of Heaven, it would be the Angel.

“Oh really? How’d that happen?” the Angel asked a bit more enthusiastically.

“It was because of him that I broke out of your binds…I dunno…I was feeling so desperate…it just sorta happened,” Kamui tried to explain.

“Hmm…well I guess we’ll need to work on that then…”

“What do you mean work on that?!” Kamui panicked. The Angel just laughed, until he began to feel a bit lightheaded and dizzy. His laughs faded into a groan of misery.

‘I really can’t just pass out right here..Who knows what that brat would do…he isn’t exactly trustworthy…then again, I wonder if he would actually try it. Would he be willing to remain all alone in here?’ the Angel thought.

“Wow, I’ve never seen you like this…you must have really got messed up,” Kamui said as he watched the Dragon of Earth curiously. The Angel did not acknowledge the comment and tried to settle himself down.

‘Oh screw it…I feel as if I’m dying anyways so I’ll take the risk…it won’t do me any good if I don’t get any better and stay like this.’ And with that last thought, the Angel fell backwards and welcomed the sweet embrace of sleep. Kamui rushed over to his side when he collapsed.

“Hey, what-”Kamui stopped mid-sentence when he noticed the rising and falling of the Angel’s chest.

‘Well, he’s alive…Guess he needed a nap…tch…and he yells at me for falling asleep in front of the enemy…maybe I should bind him again….mm, maybe not, it would just tick him off more like last time…I guess I’ll be ok for now…I’ve got other things to worry about…’ Kamui began to slowly walk away.

‘The Dragon of Heaven…I wonder how I can get him out here…I suppose he can see what’s going on then, or maybe hear my thoughts…wonder if I could talk to him again…worth a shot I suppose…’ He decided to try it. Kamui concentrated and tried to call out to the being Within him.

‘Hey! Where did you go? Are you still there?…Hello?’ Kamui repeated phrases like that over and over again, wondering if he was just wasting this time or not. He was trying to re-create the feeling the got when he first talked to the Dragon of Heaven.

*Oh alright alright already…I’m here I’m here!* a familiar voice cried out exasperated. Kamui blinked in surprise.

‘Took you long enough…’

*Hmph…talking to you like this isn’t exactly easy…it’s almost wasteful* the voice sounded annoyed.

‘Well what would make it easier for you then?’

*You should come to me instead!* the voice said cheerfully.

‘How would I do that?’ Kamui asked, somewhat confused by the mood swing.

*Just go to sleep. I’ll take care of the rest I suppose…*

‘Fair enough,’ Kamui shrugged. He was a bit tired himself. He managed to settle himself on a piece of debris and was soon asleep.


When Kamui opened his eyes he found himself in a room of white. White curtains were draped everywhere. It was so bright, it was almost blinding. It was hard to tell where one thing ended and another began. Some things were very distinguishable though; such as the figure lying lazily on a luxurious bed in the center of the room. The figure looked exactly like Kamui except his clothes were different and demon wings were protruding form his back. He had a lazy smile on his face and perked up when he noticed Kamui’s approach.

“So we meet at last huh?”

A.N.: -_-; Sorry if it’s a boring chapter, but I need a filler chapter to get things where they needed to be…and I left it on a cliffhanger too…I know, I’m such a mean author ^^; Well hopefully I’ll have the next chapter up soon…dunno bout that tho, I’m kinda stuck at the moment…oh well, I’ll figure it out soon. Till then, review if you want!

ff.net reviewers:

Feye Morgan: Glad you liked Chapter 12 so much! ^__^ I kinda liked it myself….too bad I can’t say the same about this chapter ^^; Oh well, hopefully it won’t be too long before the next update! Thanks again for your reviews! I always look forward to them ^__^



Liviania: Hey, as long as you’re happily insane it’s all good ^__^ Thanks for the review! And yeah, I know cliffhangers are evil but I like ending my chapters on them ^^; It gives me a good start for when I write the next chapter ^^



fairy of irrelevence: Glad you liked chapter 12! Yes fluff is good (specially when it’s F/K) ^^ I’ll be getting more into Kamui and the Dragon of Heaven in the next chapter…as soon as I figure out how I want to go about it -_-; So yeah, thanks again for reviewing! Hope to see updates of Bent and Night Sky soon! ^___^

chris pwure: hmm….I’ll throw you an even bigger party when you update mirror ^_~ hmm, sorry if all the kamuis are confusing you. Basically there is Kamui (as in Kamui Shirou), the Dragon of Earth (as in Dark Kamui), and the Dragon of Heaven (as in the guy who hasn’t awaken form within Kamui yet). That help? Eh…probably not ^^; Give the Dark Kamui a happy ending? Well I’ll think about it…depends on where I decide to go from here…Thanks for reviewing! Till next time!

Floretta: OOH! A new reviewer! YAY! ^___^ Glad you like the story so much! I absolutely adore F/K as well! Sorry for the spelling or grammar mistakes ^^; I’ll try and do better revising in the future. Anyway, more Kamui and the Dragon of Heaven will be in the next chapter! Oh and trust me, I’ll try and squeeze in as much f/k-ness as possible ^_~ Other Angels/Seals? Hmm…guess we’ll have to wait and see bout that one. Thanks for reviewing!

Thank you again people! I’ll try and update as soon as I get rid of this minor case of writer’s block!