X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Not Over Yet ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 15

The atmosphere was eerily calm, yet so relaxing. It provided him with a sense of tranquility and renewed his motivation. He rarely ever dreamed, but when he did, they were always of this very scene. Though, as many times as he had seen it before, he never grew tired of it. For this was what he was fighting for; this was the Wish of the Earth.

It was a quiet land mostly devoid of anything human. The only evidence of their existence was the scattered debris of the buildings they had created. The ocean had over flooded most of the land, but the existing plants and animals seemed to be living peacefully in their new environment.

The Dragon of Earth leisurely strolled barefoot through the ankle-deep water noting how untainted and clear it was. Shifting his gaze, he observed some of the scarce remains of human civilization in the distance. Most of them were submerged deep in the water forgotten. Only some of the very top corners of some of the tallest buildings in Japan stuck out and had over grown plants and vines thriving off of them. The sky was so blue and the only sounds audible were of seagulls and the ocean waves, along with the footsteps he took. It was so beautiful and natural, the only word that could describe it, in his mind, was paradise. This was the particular paradise that the Earth had longed for.

‘To think I could make this dream a reality. How could Kamui want to prevent this? What is it he sees about humanity that’s worth saving?’ The Dragon of Earth often mulled over thoughts like this while he was here enjoying the view, but this time, his thoughts were cut short. There was another presence with him today and there was only one person he knew of that could travel to the dreams of others.

“Kakyou,” he stated rather than questioned. The dreamseer’s svelte form slowly materialized into the Angel’s dream as the Angel turned around to face him. Kakyou looked as he always did, in his kimono, and was currently floating gently above the ocean. He had a blank expression on his face, like he did most of the time. “To what do I owe the pleasure?” the Angel smiled.

“Don’t look to far into it, I’m only here to give you some information,” Kakyou spoke in a cold, even tone.

“Oh? How very interesting. You’re helping me now?”

“It’s not as if I had a choice in the matter beforehand, and you told me recently that I would only prolong things if I didn’t, so here I am.”

“I see. Getting impatient are we?”

“Hmph…I think I have a right to be…” Kakyou said looking off to the side.

“Perhaps…anyway, what was it you came to tell me?”

“I’ve…had some new dreams lately. I thought I’d share with you what I’ve discovered.”

“Oh really? Is it good news?”

“Take as you want. It could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.”

“Well, what is it?”

“The other Kamui…” Kakyou began and the Angel’s ears perked up, “he will awaken soon.” The Angel’s lips curved into a sly smile.

“I see…” was all he said.

“However, you are the only one who can fully bring him out.”

“What?” The Angel quirked an eyebrow. He certainly was not expecting something like that. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“I’m not sure exactly. That’s all I’ve found out but I figured I should tell you.”

“Mm, well thank you for the warning Kakyou,” the Dark Kamui said giving him a slight smile.

“Just hurry up and end this already,” Kakyou responded sounding tired.

“Heh, right. I’ll see what I can do.” Kakyou nodded and began to fade away.

“I’d highly suggest waking up now,” Kakyou’s voice echoed as he left. The Dragon of Earth chuckled a little.

‘Yeah perhaps I should.’ He looked around his dreamscape once more, lingering for a while before deciding to return.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

‘Mou…this is rather boring ne?” the Light Kamui thought pouting, speaking to his counterpart at the same time. “Just water, rocks, and lots of dark…’ he complained as he kicked his feet splashing the illusionary water that made up the ground.

*Hmm…well there’s a giant glowing pentagram somewhere around there. Maybe that won’t be as boring to you,* Kamui responded sarcastically. The Light Kamui could practically feel him rolling his eyes.

‘Nah, believe me. I’ve had my fill of giant glowing pentagrams in my lifetime. You have one too you know.’

*I do?*

‘Yup, you have to. That’s what makes you and Fuuma accessible to me and the Dragon of Earth.’

*Oh lucky us. So where is it?*

‘It should be in the so-called “ceiling”. Look up!’

*Huh?* There was a slight pause. *Oh! I see now.* The Light Kamui giggled at the voice in his head as he continued on his walk.

*Say, what are you doing anyway? Aren’t you supposed to be figuring out a way to separate us?*

‘Oh yes, yes I’m trying to think but uh,’ he paused a moment, looking all around him, ‘you wouldn’t happen to know where the Dragon of Earth is, would ya?’

*Huh? Why? Oh, so you don’t have to worry about him being a threat?* The Light Kamui blinked a few times.

‘Um…yeah, sure, why not.’

*Well that didn’t sound too reassuring.* The Light Kamui laughed.

‘Well there are a lot of reasons I want to find him.’

*But why do you need him? You two are enemies. You’re only going to fight,* Kamui stated what he thought was true.

‘Mm, there is a lot you don’t know ne?” he chuckled.

*Well that’s because no one ever tells me anything until the last minute!* Kamui sounded annoyed.

‘There was really no point in having you know some things because you weren’t supposed to be conscious through most of them.’

*Well excuse me. I didn’t know that “the end of the world” had rules you’re supposed to follow…you know it’s not completely my fault. You probably would have eventually found me if Subaru-san hadn’t.*

‘So you’re blaming Subaru-san now?’

*Never!* Kamui yelled protesting, *If it’s anyone’s fault, it’s yours for being too slow!*

‘Hey now, I told you what happened. You were blocking me, remember?’

*You’re “Kamui”! You should have the power to get around something like that right?*

‘Not against you I can’t. I need your ok first, remember? That’s why we’re in this situation right now.’

*But…but…* The Seal only laughed as he listened to Kamui’s attempts at a comeback, then a sigh of frustration.

‘No big thing, we’ll just have to work around it is all. Relax Kamui. See that huge white bed in front of your face? Why don’t you take a nap?’

*Yeah right, I don’t trust you enough to let you alone just yet.*

‘Heh, suit yourself.’

*Perhaps if you told me more, I would trust you better,* Kamui proposed.

‘Nah, why would I want to do something crazy like that?’ the Light Kamui joked.

*Yeah I know. What an utterly preposterous idea huh?* he retorted sardonically, once again earning some more chuckling from his counterpart. Kamui sighed.

‘Hey, I may not tell you things flat out, but I will answer your questions. You’ll just have to ask the right ones to get the information you want. So what would you like to know?’ Kamui groaned.

*Oh you’re just ever so helpful…That’s the problem though! I don’t know what it is exactly I want to know, but I fell as if I’m missing something rather important about all of this.*

The Light Kamui made a noise of understanding, not knowing what to say, exactly, to help him out; besides giving him the straight answers that is. He noted the pentagram beneath the water he had suddenly come across, and he got his hopes up when he saw, what looked like a body, laying on a piece of debris.

‘Ooh! I think I found him!’ he squealed as he began to sprint in the general direction.

*Why are you so excited?* Kamui did not receive a response however, as the Light Kamui literally “pounced” on top of his dark opposite lying on the stone floor.

“YAY! I finally found you!” the Seal giggled wrapping his arms around the Dark Kamui’s neck and nuzzling his face into it. His legs were on either side of the larger Kamui’s hips. Upon getting no reaction, he looked up at the Dragon of Earth’s face. “Mou, still asleep…” he pouted, and then let out a sigh of disappointment. He slowly brought his arms away form the Dark Kamui’s neck and rested his cheek on his chest instead, tracing circular patterns on it with his finger.

*What on Earth are you doing?!*

‘Waiting for him to wake up silly,’ he said simply while listening to the rhythmic heartbeat of the Dark Kamui.

*Why?!*

‘Why? Because I want to talk to him. It’s been a terribly long time since we’ve last seen each other,’ he sighed again, ‘I know this may sound strange but, please grant me this one meeting with him Kamui, then I’ll see what we can do about separating. I promise.’ The Light Kamui sounded so…sincere, so different from the way he usually did. Kamui could not help but give in.

*Um…yeah, sure, I guess…but can you tell me why?*

‘Didn’t I just tell you?’

*Well yeah but I mean…why does it seem like you’re so close to him? Aren’t you two supposed to be enemies? And you’ve met him before this? What’s that supposed to mean?*

‘It’s a long story…’

*Well we have time I believe.*

‘Mm, maybe later. Besides, I think he’s beginning to wake up.’ As the Light Kamui spoke, or rather, thought, those words, the Angel began to shift a little. The Seal propped himself up on his elbows with his arms on either side of the Angel’s head, watching him intently. ‘He looks so harmless when he’s asleep…so beautiful…’ he thought absent-mindedly. Kamui had heard it, but decided that he would ask why the Dragon of Heaven was swooning over the Dragon of Earth later, and let the Dragon of Heaven have his moment.

Eventually, the Dark Kamui slowly opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was a pair of amethyst orbs with their gaze fixed upon his own golden ones. A little taken back by the close proximity, he craned his neck a little and squinted his eyes to focus better. He then recognized the face the eyes belonged to as Kamui’s but, something was not right. Kamui never smiled like that.

“Kamui, what-” he paused for a moment as he noticed the smile grow bigger, then it hit him. “Oh…it’s you,” he said fondly. The Angel slowly brought his arms around the Seal’s slim waist to press him closer while a smile graced his features. The Light Kamui pressed his forehead to the Dark Kamui’s and shut his eyes.

“Yes…at last, we finally meet again…” he said dramatically whilst moving his head down and whispering against the Dark Kamui’s lips, “…my love.”


A.N.: WAHHHH! So sorry for the long wait, but I was kinda stuck and…well life’s not being too nice to me right now >_< Oh well…I’ll try and make it up to you all though. I have winter break coming up, and seeing as I have no life, I’ll be able to get a few more chapters up a little more quickly, with any luck. Anyway, and yes I left another evil cliffhanger, I know, I’m such a horrible person ^^; I kinda like this chapter…don’t really know why…I had the Dragon of Earth/Dragon of Heaven thing planned from the beginning…hope it doesn’t scare off anyone…

Light Kamui: How could it? They all love me! Mwahahahahaha!

Kamuichan99: -_-; I wouldn’t be too sure about that…

Light Kamui: Aw, sure they do ^_~ Who doesn’t love me? I’m so cute and genki and…

Kamui: ::raises hand:: I don’t!

Light Kamui: O.O Wh-wha?! You DON’T?! ::gets teary eyed::

Kamui: …You confuse me too much…not to mention the readers

Light Kamui: ::gets even more teary eyed::

Dark Kamui: ::sneaks up behind Light Kamui:: ::purrs seductively:: It’s ok…I still love you

Light Kamui: ^_^ Yay! ::glomps Dark Kamui::

Fuuma: ::out of no where:: HEY!

Kamuichan99: o_o What?

Fuuma: When are you going to start paying some attention to me? I’ve been ignored for, like, two whole chapters!

Kamuichan99:: ::laughs nervously:: ::backs away::

Fuuma: ::glares at kamuichan99::

Kamui: YEAH! Poor Fuuma…::goes over and hugs Fuuma::

Fuuma: ::crushes Kamui to him:: ^_^

Kamui: …Fuuma…can’t breath…

Fuuma: ::lets go a little:: When are me and Kamui going to get another scene…Subaru and Seishirou got a bunch of pointless fluff scenes! And they got to kiss and everything! ::points to Subaru and Seishirou::

Subaru and Seishirou: ::making out on hospital bed::

Kamuichan99:: eh heh heh ^^; I’ll see what I can do…They don’t exactly have all their problems sorted out yet either, and Kamui’s not exactly available right now…

Fuuma: Well then make him available! ::glares::

Kamui: ::yells:: GIVE ME BACK MY BODY!

Kamuichan99: Yes well, um…that’s something you’ll have to sort out with the Light Kamui…so uh until you do that, I’m going to thank my reviewers now ^^;

Kamui and Fuuma: HEY! We’re not done with you yet!

Kamuichan99: ^^;

ff.net reviewers:

0animatic0: Of course you can add it to your site! I’d be honored! ^___^ Glad you like the Light Kamui!

Feye Morgan: LOL! Keiichi Kamui! That works ^__^ Oh, I’ just love getting your reviews. They always make me smile and want to write more! I’m sorry I updated late, and there wasn’t much Dragon of Earth/Dragon of Heaven stuff, but you can expect much more in the next chapter! ^__^

Liviania: eep! Please forgive me for the cliffhanger and for late update…I’ll try and get the next chapter up as soon as I can ^^;

fairy of irrelevence: LOL! Yes poor Kamui….and I assure you that the Light Kamui has some other tactics to subdue to Dark Kamui rather than throwing stuffed bunnies (maybe teddy bears) XD Update your fic soon!

Angel Of Reincarnation: I’ll try and put in as much fluff as possible, just for you ^_^ Glad you like the Light Kamui! Hope you’re feeling better!

chris pwure: Yes, I feel your pain…I need a holiday too T.T Anyway, yeah I had planned on making the Light Kamui cheerful like that from the beginning cuz I enjoy a cheerful Kamui as well ^__^ Update mirror soon! Until then!

WildHeartz: I had planned on making the Light Kamui like that from the beginning…sorry if it’s not to your liking. Hope you don’t mind the Dragon of Heaven/Dragon of Earth pairing too much. Once we get past the Dragon of Heaven/Dragon of Earth stuff, I promise there’ll be more F/K and S/S ^___^ I’ll try and get the next chapter up soon.

Yuki Fuyumi: OOH! Long review! YAY! I love em! ^____^ Glad you like most of the story! Ooh! I was afraid that all the talking was a bad thing and was boring. Thank you for proving me wrong! Oh, I’m sorry…I’ll do better revising in the future so as not too confuse you, promise! Fuuma’s realization….yeah it probably was a bit rushed but I knew that I wanted it to happen the way that it did, guess it was just too soon…glad you thought Subaru was IC and that Sei-chan’s back ^__^ Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Kamuichan99:: ::trying to dodge angry complaints of Kamui and Fuuma and convince them not to leave the fic:: Thanks again everyone! I’ll try and update as soon as I can calm them down ^^;