X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Not Over Yet ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 16

He had woken up with his head resting over his folded arms on the edge of the bed. Subaru’s hand was placed on the side of his face tenderly. Noting this as he lifted his head up and watching it fall back into place at Subaru’s side, a warm smile played upon his lips.

He sat up stretching out and cracking his neck form sleeping in the awkward position. Seishirou was in desperate need of a truly relaxing sleep, at least, that was the message he got form his sore, aching muscles. Not to mention he was also in need of a shower or something. He had had the same pair of dress pants on for however long he was “dead” and the dress shirt from the same incident, both of which reeked of old blood, sweat, and the musty smell of sea water. They were definitely not the most comfortable things for him to wear; the dried blood and salt water made it stiff and irritating.

Letting out a sigh, he lifted his hand to brush some of the bangs out of Subaru’s sleeping face before standing up and walking over to the window on the other side of the bed. He reached into his pant pockets in despairing hopes of finding a pack of cigarettes, but no such luck. He settled for cracking open the window for some fresh air and situating himself atop the windowsill instead, enjoying the view of the city early in the morning.

‘So what now?’ Seishirou began to think, ‘Where do we go from here, Subaru-kun?’ he focused his gaze on the sleeping one, ‘Are we still involved with the 1999 deal? Somehow I think we are…And there’s also the “Sakurazukamori” title to sort out…I wonder how you’ve been able to handle it so far, my benign Subaru-kun…’

Seishirou reached out to grasp the Sumeragi’s hand, intertwining their fingers. Subaru mumbled something incoherently, twisting his body around a little to face Seishirou, but he was still fast asleep. Now, in the daylight, Seishirou could clearly see the evidence of Subaru’s wound that bled through the bandages and hospital shirt previously. He let out another sigh, silently hoping that his beautiful onmyouji was not in pain.

After a few moments of silence, footsteps were heard outside and the door opened to reveal a doctor and a nurse. The sound of the door opening had caused the Sumeragi to jump a little and he began to slowly come out of his slumber.

“Good morning Sumeragi-san. How are you feeling today?” the doctor said looking from his clipboard to his patient. Subaru, just barely awake, blinked a few times and yawned before answering.

“Tired…” he mumbled nuzzling back into the pillows, wishing he were still asleep. Seishirou smiled dotingly.

“I see,” he laughed, “Well we’ll just do a quick check-up on you, change your bandages, and see if we can’t get you home.”

Subaru managed to crack his eyes open and nod. The doctor and nurse set about to examine the Sumeragi. Seishirou, noticing that he would probably be in the way, reluctantly let go of Subaru’s hand but made no move to relocate himself. Subaru blinked in surprise at the loss of contact he did not realize he had and turned to face Seishirou as best as he could with the doctor and nurse checking up on him. His look of surprise turned to one of affection and appreciation and he gave Seishirou a slight smile. Seishirou merely nodded and returned the smile, now secretly hoping that the nurse and doctor would finish soon.

“Are you in any pain?” the doctor asked, interrupting the non-verbal communication being shared between the two men.

“Not as much as yesterday,” Subaru replied, turning his head to face the doctor.

“That’s good. We’ll need to change your bandage now to check the wound.” Subaru nodded and slowly raised himself into a sitting position. The nurse walked over to help him slowly remove the hospital shirt. Subaru winced in pain for a moment, but it was soon forgotten as he could practically feel Seishirou’s eye roaming hungrily over his naked upper body, causing Subaru to blush.

“If we decide to release him, he’ll be staying with you, correct Sakurazuka-san?” Seishirou pried his appreciative stare off of the Sumeragi’s body to face the doctor.

“Yes, I believe that is correct…” he trailed off looking back to Subaru for confirmation. Subaru turned to him looking unsure for a moment as if to say ‘is it alright with you?’ Seishirou nodded and confirmed it again.

“Ok, then I need you to pay attention on how to treat the wound, if he’s going to be in your care.” Seishirou stood up to move over by the doctor and nurse who were carefully peeling away the bandage. Subaru was blushing again, trying not to look Seishirou in the eyes as more of his skin was revealed. He hissed as soon as the last piece was unwrapped, exposing his glistening wound to the cold air. Any thoughts of breakfast Seishirou may have been having were now gone when he saw the injury. Subaru’s wound still looked very deep and was a dark, ugly shade of red. Even when it did eventually heal up, it was obvious he was going to have a scar. The Dark Kamui had marred his beautiful Subaru-kun for life once again, Seishirou thought with bitter malice.

Once the doctor finished his check-up, he explained to Seishirou how he could take care of Subaru’s wound and gave him some prescriptions for some pain medication. He then took his leave, saying that Subaru could go home whenever he was ready.

“Finally,” Seishirou sighed as soon as the doctor left, sitting himself next to Subaru on the bed. “Ready for me to take you home?” he asked gently, placing his hand on the side of Subaru’s head to press him against his shoulder.

“Where’s home?” Subaru asked sleepily, nuzzling into Seishirou, blushing madly when he noticed Seishirou’s exposed chest.

“Good question. I’m assuming my apartment from what I gathered earlier. It doesn’t have to be permanent or anything Subaru-kun. Just until you’re well again,” he said laying his head atop Subaru’s, running his elegant fingers through the Sumeragi’s dark, silky hair.

“That’s fine Seishirou-san…Thank you,” he added in shyly.

“Not a problem. After all, as promised, I must always stay close to my Subaru-kun!” he teased. Subaru, of course, could not help but blush some more, but managed to regain himself quickly.

“Are you complaining Seishirou-san?” Subaru asked, cocking an eyebrow.

“Never! I couldn’t be more elated at the prospect!” he chuckled.

“Why?” Subaru asked curiously, a grin forming on his lips.

“Because I love you,” he whispered lowly, in all seriousness, into the Sumeragi’s ear. This earned him a gasp and a shiver from the onmyouji, which in turn, made Seishirou smirk. He knew Subaru was not expecting that.

“I love you too,” Subaru said when he calmed down, looking up into Seishirou’s mismatched eyes smiling brightly. They lingered there a few moments, lost in a world of their own, until abruptly, in Seishirou’s mind anyway, Subaru removed himself form Seishirou’s half-embrace and stood up. “Let’s go home now Seishirou-san,” he said turning to the former Sakurazukamori, “I want to get out of these hospital clothes and you need a shower…badly,” he stated scrunching up his nose and pointing an accusing finger. Seishirou was shocked by Subaru’s bluntness and laughed in disbelief.

“Hey, cut me some slack here. I was ‘dead’ for a while, remember?”

“How could I forget?” he sighed, “Anyway, let’s get going now, shall we?”

“Of course Subaru-kun,” Seishirou said standing up ruffling the Sumeragi’s hair. He then swiftly picked up his lover into his arms and carried him out the door. Subaru’s protests of a stuttering “Seishirou-san” and Seishirou’s chuckling could be heard echoing down the halls.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



“Bout time you showed up,” the Dark Kamui whispered huskily as the gap between his and the Light Kamui’s lips was closed once again in another quick kiss.

“…Sumeragi…beat me to it…had to wait a while…” the Light Kamui managed to blurt out in between more kisses.

“I see,” the Dark Kamui smirked as he thread his fingers through his longtime lover’s silky locks and pulled him in closer for a more passionate kiss.

Kamui was not sure how much more he could take. While he could not visually “see” what was going on from where he was, he knew and could hear it. The tips of his ears were burning bright red, along with his cheeks as he heard the tiny clacking noises of their wet kisses as well as the Dark Kamui’s deep sighs and the Light Kamui’s quiet moans. He tried to ignore them, for he really wanted no part in this semi-voyeuristic act. But he was paranoid of the two Kamuis and did not want to risk letting them alone. What made it even worse though, was the fact that the Light Kamui sounded exactly like himself, and the Dark Kamui sounded exactly like Fuuma, leaving his imagination to concoct some vivid images about him and his best friend to go along with the noises he heard. Whatever blood was not rushing to his cheeks was now beginning to travel southward.

‘GAH! Since when have I started thinking about Fuuma in THAT way!?’ he panicked, crossing his legs. He was not sure what he exactly felt for Fuuma anymore, never really having the chance to sort out his own feelings after Fuuma told him he loved him. But Kamui figured he would do that later. Right now he wanted to stop the Dragon of Heaven’s…activities, and his body from misbehaving any further.

*HEY! Ok, can you stop now? You can have all the time in the world for that later, after you separate us!*

‘Mou…but you said I could have this moment…’ the Light Kamui mentally pouted, not being able to do it physically as his lower lip was currently being sucked on.

*Well, c’mon! Do you really want me listening in on you?*

‘No, but I don’t know if there really is a way to separate us, so I’m going to make the most of the time that I have this body for.’

*Well how about you see first, and then you can uh…pick up where you left off,* Kamui suggested. The Light Kamui pondered this for a moment as the Dark one continued to ravish his lips.

‘Oh…ok, I guess,’ he sighed.

*Thank you!* Kamui cried. The Light Kamui rolled his eyes at Kamui’s reaction, but then smiled. Turning his full attention back to the Dragon of Earth, the Light Kamui reluctantly pulled away and sat on the Dark Kamui’s stomach. The Dark Kamui looked up at his lover in confusion.

“What’s wrong?” he asked a tad breathlessly.

“The little voice in my head wants me to stop, and I’m not talking about my conscience,” he said laughing slightly.

“Then…what?” he asked, still confused.

“I’m talking about Kamui.”

“Kamui? But he’s Within you right? Didn’t you put him to sleep?” The Light Kamui shook his head, already anticipating the load of questions from Kamui asking, ‘what did he mean by that!?!?’

“Why not?” he asked sitting up, the Dragon of Heaven sliding off of his lap to sit next to him.

“ ‘Cause I made a deal with him,” he told him, bringing his knees up to his chest and leaning his head on the Angel’s shoulder. The Angel put his arm around him in return. “He wants to know if there’s a way to separate us.”

“Oh, they all ask that question don’t they?” the Dark Kamui said sardonically. The Light Kamui started cracking up.

“Yes,” he began when he composed himself, “but it might be able to work this time. Since we’re both stuck here.”

“Maybe……” the Dragon of Earth said looking thoughtful, “But that’s rather pointless don’t you think? I mean, what good would it do? He’ll just be stuck here with us.”

“I told him that. He said it would make him feel better if he could try and help, instead of just being a spectator.”

“Well, he’s not supposed to be a spectator,” he sighed, “How does he intend to help anyway?”

“I think he meant help Fuuma.”

“Oh right……Well that too, how does he think he can help him?” The Light Kamui shrugged.

“Dunno, but I really don’t see any harm in it. I doubt he’ll get in our way. Besides, wouldn’t it be something if both twin stars actually managed to make it out of this alive?” the Seal proposed excitedly.

“Well it’s already too late for that. I killed his physical body before he forced me here,” he said smugly. The Light Kamui punched him in the shoulder. “Hey! What was that for?”

“You’re so mean!” the Seal whined.

“Just doing my job,” he said with a smirk.

“Hmph.” The Dragon of Heaven stood up, crossing his arms and turned his back on his Dark lover.

“What? No reason to be mad, just because I’m a little ahead of you in this…” he trailed off as he stood up and walked behind the Seal.

“That’s not what I mean,” he pouted.

“I know, I know,” he sighed, wrapping his arms around the Light Kamui’s waist, “ We had to do what we had to do. That’s the way it always is.”

“Yeah, yeah…” he sighed as he leaned back into the embrace smiling. “So anyway, whaddya think? Is there a way or not, because if there isn’t, I promised Kamui I’d go back.”

“You did?” the Dark Kamui asked skeptically.

“Yup!”

“Why you bother even getting attached to these people, I’ll never know,” he muttered. The Light Kamui only giggled.

“Yeah, you can see how attached we are. We’re so close that we want to separate,” he added in. The Dark Kamui chuckled.

“Right. Anyway, let’s see…” he trailed off looking trying to think of any possible solutions. As far as he knew, he had no such powers. It seemed like something the Dragon of Heaven should know about. “Don’t you know of anything?” he asked after a while.

“Maybe……maybe I could try and act as if I want to travel Within right here, that way it would separate me from Kamui’s body and since he’s not asleep, he could take it back.”

“But you’re already here.”

“I know, that’s the thing…hmm……” They spent a few minutes in silence, slightly swaying form side to side, trying to come up with a decent plan, when the Dark Kamui suddenly remembered something.

“I don’t know if this will help or not but, I remember my dreamseer told me that I was the only one that would be able to fully bring you out.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, maybe this is what he meant. Maybe this is something I have to do.”

“Hmm…but what is it?” he asked no one in particular as he raised a finger to his lips.

‘Any thoughts Kamui?’ the Seal asked after a while.

*Huh? Oh…no, not really, sorry. You’d know more about any of this than I would.* The Light Kamui let out a heavy sigh.

‘Something that only the Dragon of Earth could do…that would fully bring me out…I guess by that he means separate me and Kamui…so that means I have to somehow use the Dragon of Earth…’ he thought to himself. His thinking was interrupted though, when he felt the Dark Kamui’s lips on the back of his neck, making him shiver.

“Cut it out…I’m trying to think,” he scolded, but only half-heartedly.

“But you taste good,” he purred, only stopping his actions to talk.

“We can do this later, after we think of something,” he said even as he was leaning his head to the side to grant him better access to his neck.

“We don’t really have to, you know. Forget about Kamui, this is only complicating things further,” he murmured as he planted feather-like kisses along the smooth, creamy skin of his lover.

“I can’t…” he began, and then it hit him, “OH! I know!!” he suddenly shouted whirling around to face the Angel as he released him from his hold. “I could try and travel Within you!” he said excitedly as he poked the Angel’s chest playfully, “I could act as if I wanted to travel Within you, but of course it won’t work because that’s impossible, so Kamui can take his body back while I’m trying to go Within you and you would block me therefore leaving me stuck here, but that’s ok because I’ll already be Within someone else right here! I’m SO smart!” he giggled clapping his hands together after he was done rambling. The Dark Kamui chuckled, only understanding half of what he was talking about.

“Well done, so that’s what we’ll do then…”

“YAY!! Ok, ready?” The Dragon of Earth smiled at his childlike eagerness.

“Don’t you think you should inform Kamui on what he needs to do?”

“Oh right,” the Seal giggled.

‘Yo Kamui! Didjya hear? I figured it out!’ He sounded so proud of himself.

*Congratulations,* Kamui laughed, *So what do I need to do?*

‘Just be ready to take your body back over when I tell you to ok?’

*Um…how?*

‘Your handy, dandy, giant, glowing pentagram silly!’

*Oh right…* There was a pause. *But how? I can’t reach it, it’s in the ceiling…* he complained.

‘It’s your innerscape, just will yourself towards it.’

*All right, I guess.* There was another long pause as they waited for Kamui to get situated. *All I have to do is touch it, right?*

‘Correct.’

*Ok then. Ready when you are.*

“Ok! Ready honey?” the Light Kamui giggled, winking at his lover. The Dark Kamui laughed at the pet name.

“Of course darling,” he retorted.

“Kay! Here I go!” he laughed as he grabbed the Dark Kamui’s head with both of his hands and pushed their foreheads together. Now both suddenly serious, they closed their eyes in concentration. The Light Kamui’s body began to glow with a golden aura as the Dark Kamui’s mental defenses produced a barrier around himself. The Dragon of Heaven could slowly feel his true self detaching from Kamui’s body for the mobility to travel Within someone. He could feel himself being drawn towards the Dark Kamui like a magnet. As soon as he was totally free, there was a quick flash of golden light.

‘Go ahead Kamui!’

*Right.* Kamui gently placed his hand in the center of the giant pentagram he was facing.

As this was happening, the Dragon of Earth watched in fascination as a carbon copy of Kamui was manifested from the Light Kamui’s form, falling backwards onto the water/ground. Now there were two identical looking Kamuis, the high school boy lying on the ground and the glowing one that had his head in a death-grip. The Light Kamui looked as if he was struggling as his energies tried desperately to break through the Angel’s barriers. Upon realizing their attempts were futile, they frantically searched for the body the Light Kamui’s form would return to, only to find it being occupied. With no other choice, they settled back down inside the Light Kamui again, readjusting to their environment. The Light Kamui was thankful for that; the way his energies were bouncing back and forth made him feel sick.

“You ok?” the Dragon of Earth asked, his voice filled with concern. The Light Kamui let go of his head, looked up at him and smiled.

“Yeah, I’m fine…” he sighed collapsing into the Dark Kamui’s waiting arms, “Just need a little break.” The Dark Kamui smiled and began rubbing soothing circles on the Light Kamui’s back.

Kamui, who had been lying on the ground/water, slowly opened his eyes. At seeing the two Dragons locked in embrace and the familiar plains of Fuuma’s innerscape, a wide smile spread across his face.

“Alright,” he said laughing slightly, “It worked. I’m free.”




A.N.: Whew! THAT took a while to write…I have this nagging suspicion that I’ve confused you all…hmm…well, in the next chapter, things will be revealed as Kamui is going to grill the two Dragons for some answers…

Kamui: BWAHAHAHAHAHA! >D

Light Kamui: eep! ::hides behind Dark Kamui::

Kamuichan99: ^^; Anyway, time to thank the lovely reviewers…

ff.net reviewers:

Feye Morgan: ^^; Oh my, I never meant to cause you any pain! WAH!!! I’m sorry ^^; Well, hoped you enjoyed the DK/LK moments (I actually can’t believe I wrote some of the stuff I did O_o;) I honestly don’t know how I’m going to end this, but I can guarantee it won’t be something TOO tragic ^^; There should be some F/K-ness in the near future. Hope you enjoyed the chapter! ^____^

WildHeartz: YAY! ^___^ I’m so happy you enjoy the story and don’t dislike LK! Thank you for reviewing! Hope you liked the chapter!

Angel Of Reincarnation: LOL! ^^ Don’t worry, F/K-ness is on the way…otherwise Fuuma would kill me O_o Anyway, hope you liked the slight DK/LK-ness! ^_^ I’ll try and update soon.

Zilleniose: ::starry eyes:: Thanks so much! ^__^ Wow! The best!? Really?! Well, I’ll try and live up to your expectations! Here’s a free Light Kamui plushie for your kind words. LOL! Glad to know you like LK so much!

Light Kamui: ^____^ YAY!!!! I feel the love!

Yuki Fuyumi: LOL, yes I myself have trouble with commas and stuff. The English language is SO frustrating >_< Well, I’m happy you like the story and I didn’t confuse you…I should probably rewrite this whole thing…but maybe later. LOL, well I’m glad LK grew on you ^^ The more love he gets, the more he works ^^ Thanks for reviewing!

chris pwure: ^___^ Glad you liked the twist…but I guess it was kinda predictable for me, huh? ^^; But how could I have passed up an opportunity to double the F/K-ness with DK/LK-ness? ^^; ::sigh:: Yes, I’m an utterly hopeless F/K fangirl…Anyway, your question. Um, well Light Kamui was “awake” but using Kamui’s body as his own, so that’s how, I guess…WAHHH!!!!! Poor chris! School is SO evil! Well, I hope you do good on your tests. I’m sure you will ^^ Until next time then, good luck! ^___^

Liviania: YAY! Glad you like it! ^___^ Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Subaru's Voice: No need to apologize, I forgive you! ^__^ I’m sure your writing is great. I honestly hate the way that I write. Yes, fluff is good. I’ll add more soon ^^ Hope you liked the chapter!

Thank you again people! I’ll try and update soon! ^____^