X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Not Over Yet ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 18

 

Fuuma sighed and closed the book he had been reading for the night. He turned from where he was lying on his bed to stare out the window at the night sky. A slight smile played on his lips when he remembered the time Kamui came to visit him on that same window. But that smile soon faded.

 

Fuuma had been living in a constant state of restlessness for the past few days. Kamui had yet to pay him another visit, so he had no clue as to whether or not he was supposed to be doing something to help him. He also contemplated going to visit the Sumeragi, to see how he was doing but the last time he went to the hospital, he learned that Subaru had already left. So not knowing if and when he should contact him, he decided to wait instead. Wait and think and brood.

 

His thoughts mostly drifted towards Kamui and the revelation that he had made to him last time they saw each other. It brought another smile to his lips when he remembered Kamui's dazed expression after he kissed him, before he had left. How he longed to do that again or he would even settle for just seeing the boy once more.

 

It killed Fuuma not knowing how Kamui felt about him. What if Kamui thought he was disgusting and never wanted to see him again? He was surprised he accepted the fact so easily himself. Did this not make him gay? But, the more Fuuma thought about his love for Kamui, the more right it seemed. Regardless of how contrary that was to the popular beliefs of society, his love for Kamui just seemed to fit in place so it did not bother him in the slightest. It was not as if he interacted heavily with society anyway. But he had to wonder if Kamui with uncomfortable with the fact that he loved him, and thoughts of rejection constantly plagued his mind.

 

On the flip side, what if Kamui loved him back? He wanted to know so badly, he thought as he tossed on his bed and sighed, shutting his eyes. They opened back up again quickly when an idea occurred to him.

 

`Sumeragi-san was able to send me Within to see Kamui before…maybe I could ask him to do it again after he recovers…' Fuuma could not help but get his hopes up a little. `That should work right? Course he would have to come with me but, maybe he would be willing….guess I could try asking him…' Tossing the idea around in his mind for a bit, he finally decided he would do his best to carry it out. It was not long after that before Fuuma was overcome with fatigue and entered the realm of dreams.

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

 

By this time, Kamui was far out of the hearing and seeing range of the Light and Dark Kamui.

 

`Hope I'll be able to find my way back…' he thought before mentally sighing and changing his train of thinking. `This is absolutely insane! How did I get stuck in this situation? Just what's so special about me anyway? Besides the fact that my name is Kamui…I wonder if there's always someone named Kamui when this happens…' Kamui mused, pacing back and forth, "So what's going to happen now? If I can't think of anything, those two are going to eventually have to battle it out in here, regardless of what might happen to Fuuma…'

 

"Fuuma…" Kamui uttered aloud. So many emotions attached to that one name. He recalled the memory he last had with said boy.

 

Flashback

 

The pentagram flared up an almost blinding light preparing to send Fuuma back.

 

"Fuuma!" Kamui shouted as he made his way over to him to say his goodbye, "I'm sorry it had to end like thi-" Kamui was suddenly silenced by Fuuma pressing his lips to his in a rushed kiss. Kamui was too shocked to respond and it was basically over before it started.

 

"I love you Kamui," Fuuma shouted over the noise looking straight at Kamui, "I just... had to tell you, in case this was our last time to be together like this..." Fuuma's voice echoed as he faded away. Kamui was frozen in place.

 

End Flashback

 

Kamui's eyes widened almost as if the memory was happening to him all over again. God, Fuuma loved him…even kissed him! And Kamui…he liked it…he knew he did….but all he did was stand there dumbfounded.

 

`Do I love Fuuma?' Kamui thought, `God, it seems so obvious. Why would I be doing all of this if I didn't care for him as much as I do?' Everything he did through this whole ordeal seemed to be for Fuuma. But was that love? What was love anyway?

 

Anyone he ever felt strongly for never stuck around long enough for his feelings to develop into something more, whether intentionally or not. He thought he loved Kotori…Maybe he did love her in some ways, but it seemed so different when he was with Fuuma. Sure Kotori was sweet, caring, beautiful…perfect in a sense…but Fuuma…there seemed to be so much more…more of what, Kamui was not sure, but there was a significant difference. His connection with Fuuma just seemed so…intense.

 

He could not deny the fact that he liked Fuuma holding him, telling him that he would protect him. Earning Fuuma's attention always seemed special to him and he always enjoyed his company anywhere and everywhere. He admired the concern Fuuma always had in his eyes for others, Fuuma's calm and quiet nature, the way Fuuma's eyes sparkled when he smiled or laughed, Fuuma's touch…Fuuma's kiss…Heat rose to Kamui's cheeks.

 

`If this isn't love then I don't know what is…there's no other explanation…' Kamui determined with a gentle smile and a sigh. `I love Fuuma…I love Fuuma…' he repeated the phrase over and over in his mind. But reality began to sink in and the smile slowly faded into a frown; tears stung his eyes as he fell to the ground on his knees wrapping his arms around himself. `Yeah, I love him…but what good does that do?…Not like I can see him again…those powers are gone now…I should've realized sooner…I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to tell him…Now I'm stuck here with those two…who are about to fight a battle to the death…' Kamui thought hopelessly.

 

`Isn't there anyway to solve this, without having to hurt anyone? Without having to hurt Fuuma…' He remembered the couple of times he had visited Fuuma; how tired he looked and how depressed as a result of the nightmares. God, he hated it. And it was partly his own fault too because he was fighting the Angel. He was so happy when he finally got the chance to hold Fuuma after all the pain he had endured. Kamui recalled the events of that time, when Fuuma had been brought Within…

 

`That's right…Fuuma was brought Within,' Kamui thought abruptly, his tears ceasing for a moment, `He was brought Within…and the battle didn't affect him…'

 

 

 

Flashback

 

Eventually Kamui spoke up.

"Did you have a bad dream recently Fuuma?" Kamui asked, remembering the spontaneous battle earlier.

"Hm? No, I don't think so. Why? Was there another fight?"

"Yeah. I guess it didn't affect you because you were in here while it happened," Kamui said pulling away form Fuuma to looking into his face, however not removing his arms. "Maybe you should get some sleep while you're in here. Heaven knows you need it and there would be no risks of nightmares in here." Fuuma smiled.

 

End Flashback

 

 

That was it! If he could manage to get Fuuma Within himself again, Fuuma would not be harmed by the battle. And if he remembered correctly, the Light Kamui's specialty was dealing with transporting himself or others Within. It should work! Kamui was no longer crying, but smiling again. He now had a new goal to accomplish. The only problem was…he had no idea how to get back to the Light Kamui…

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

"You alright? I noticed you tensing up back there…" the Dark Kamui purred into his light counterpart's ear while running his hands along his back. The Light Kamui shivered from the Dark Kamui's warm breath against his ear and the soothing touch. He nuzzled deeper into the embrace and brought his arms around the Dark Kamui's neck.

 

"Mmm…I'm ok," he murmured, "Just some bad memories is all…"

 

"Mm…well, don't dwell on the past. We did what we had to do and we can't change that," the Angel comforted.

 

"I know, I know," the Light Kamui sighed.

 

"Well cheer up then. I don't like it when you get all depressed. It's no fun," the Dark Kamui mock pouted, earning a small laugh from the Seal in his lap.

 

"Alright," the Light Kamui giggled, tilting his head up to plant light kisses underneath his lover's chin and jawline, working his way to the earlobe. "This better?" he whispered before nibbling softly.

 

The Dark Kamui's smirk widened as he shuddered from the intimate contact. He leaned his head to the side slightly to grant the Seal better access.

 

"Much better," he finally answered, tightening his hold on the Light Kamui. The Light Kamui smiled and pulled away after a while to lean up and place a gentle, loving kiss on the Dark Kamui's lips, whom of which returned the kiss eagerly. They separated eventually due to the lack of air.

 

The Dragon of Heaven sighed happily and rested his head in the Dragon of Earth's chest, wrapping his arms around his waist while the Dragon of Earth brought one hand up to stroke the Dragon of Heaven's hair fondly, knowing how much he enjoyed that no matter whose body he found himself in. He could swear that he heard the Seal purring.

 

"So what are we gonna do, love?" the Light Kamui asked after a while of basking in the blissful sensations the Dark Kamui's fingers wreaked upon him,

 

"What else can we do?" the Dark Kamui sighed. He felt the Seal in his lap tense after he said that and instantly regretted it.

 

"Isn't there any way to compromise or something? A way to satisfy both Earth and humanities wishes? What if…what if we just didn't fight? The Promised Day has passed after all…"

 

"We can't do that…We'd just end up stuck in here until the boy, Fuuma, passes away and be brought back in the next 100 years, making this yet another tie…"

 

"Yeah," the Light Kamui sighed, "But we wouldn't kill each other…I guess we could use it as a last resort or something…"

 

"Actually, I doubt that would work. I'm sure it won't be long before Earth's and humanities' wishes become too much for us to handle and we fight. And It may even be worse because it's been held back a while…" the Dark Kamui mused.

 

"You're probably right, as always," the Light Kamui let out another hopeless sigh, "Well if Kamui can't come up with anything," he rose from the Dark Kamui's chest to look him in the eye and extended his hand, "may the best Kamui win and hopefully end this." The Dark Kamui chuckled slightly and shook the offered hand.

 

"I guess that's the attitude to have…"

 

"Heh, it won't last long for me," the Light Kamui chuckled bitterly, putting his arms back around his dark counterpart.

 

"Let's not think about that right now, ne?" the Dark Kamui suggested gently, knowing that there was no real way to console his lover except to help him forget about his pain. The Seal sighed and nodded in response. After some moments of silence had past, he pulled back and looked into the golden gaze of the Angel, bringing up a hand to stroke his cheek.

 

"You know I love you right?" the Light Kamui asked smiling sweetly and sincerely.

 

"Of course," the Dark Kamui replied with the same smile, leaning into the touch and closing his eyes, "I love you too."

 

The Light Kamui brightened up a bit as he giggled and leaned in for a tender, lingering kiss to which the Dark Kamui responded fervently and pulled them closer together. Just as he was about to deepen their kiss, a sudden tug on the Light Kamui's mind made him reluctantly break the contact.

 

"What's wrong?" the Dark Kamui asked concerned. The Light Kamui craned his neck to look off in a particular direction off in the darkness before answering.

 

"It's Kamui, I sense him," he laughed a little, "I believe he may be lost. We should go find him."

 

"But of course," the Dark Kamui sighed disappointedly, "I swear he's doing this on purpose as some sort of revenge."

 

"Doing what?" the Light Kamui asked, tilting his head cutely.

 

"Ruining our…alone time, of course," he smirked suggestively. Blushing lightly and giggling, the Dragon of Heaven stood up.

 

"Silly, we shouldn't be doing stuff like that in here anyways…just imagine the dreams it would cause Fuuma to have…' he pointed out snickering. The Dark Kamui laughed evilly at this, which made the Light one snicker more as he reached out a hand to his dark counterpart. The Dark Kamui took the offered hand and lifted himself up, smoothing out his black trench coat after he had regained his composure. Twining their fingers together, the Light Kamui guided them through the darkness to find the boy who was frantically searching for them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"There you are!" a voice suddenly shouted, making the Light Kamui jump slightly. They saw a distant figure quickly make its' way over to them, revealing itself to be none other than Kamui.

 

"We've been looking for you," the Light Kamui giggled, "Get a little lost did we?"

 

"Never mind that! I need your help!" Kamui cried frantically, grasping the Light Kamui's shoulders as if he was about to shake him. The Dark Kamui, who had only regarded the boy with complete indifference before, narrowed his eyes at Kamui at this, which persuaded Kamui to promptly remove his hands.

 

"Um, sure Kamui. How may I be of service?" the Light Kamui asked, sweat dropping slightly at the display of possessiveness from his lover, even if he did not completely see it.

 

"You…" Kamui began, trying to catch his breath and staring intently into the Light Kamui's eyes, "Can you…bring Fuuma Within here? You know, like how you pulled me Within um…me?" The Light Kamui stopped to ponder it.

 

"Yeah, I should be…"

 

"Good!" Kamui cried relieved, "It's important, I need you to do that before you start fighting! It's the only way I can think of to protect him," Kamui explained, now quietly and looking off to the side.

 

"Hm…yeah I guess that will keep him from being harmed that way…but he'd be in the same danger you're in right now and could be physically harmed if you two get in the way of the battle…"

 

"I won't let that happen. As long as I'm here and able to, I can protect him," Kamui said with fierce determination. The Light Kamui smiled at this.

 

"Well it just wouldn't be right to refuse something you feel so strongly for, ne?" he giggled. "In order to do this though, we'll have to go back to the pentagram." Kamui nodded, saying a quick but heart-felt "thank you" before the three began their journey back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ok! Here we go!" the Light Kamui chirped, clapping his hands once they had reached the pentagram. He knelt down on the ground and placed a tiny hand in the center of the humongous symbol. The Dragon of Earth and Kamui took this as a sign to move out of the way and hastily did so. The outline of the symbol began glowing around the Light Kamui and his hair began levitating about his face. A faint chant could be heard escaping his lips and soon a bright flash of golden light filled the area. When it cleared, there were two figures now standing in the area of the pentagram.

 

"Good thing you were asleep! I'm not sure this would've worked if you weren't," Dragon of Heaven said lightly to the slowly awakening Fuuma.

 

Fuuma blinked at the boy who had just spoken to him, feeling very confused. He sure looked like Kamui, but he acted so different and his clothes were not the same either. And he had never seen Kamui smile like /that/.

 

"Kamui?" Fuuma asked incredulously. Before more could be spoken, Fuuma was attacked by a teary-eyed Kamui who threw his arms in death-grip around Fuuma's neck.

 

"Fuuma!" Kamui cried happily, nuzzling into Fuuma's chest, "Thank goodness…" he whispered as he let out a heavy sigh. Fuuma was now even more confused than he was a few seconds ago and stared wide-eyed at the boy clinging to him. This Kamui was not acting like the one he knew either, as much as he would have liked it to be. Although, this Kamui seemed more likely to be the real one than that other one, who was now being joined by another Fuuma. Fuuma face faulted.

 

`Just what on Earth is going on here!?!? Why is there two of each of us?!!?!?'

 

"Um…Kamui?" Fuuma asked again, shakily. All three people looked up at him as Fuuma looked between them, getting more and more confused with each passing second. The Kamui that was holding him brought his hand around to cup Fuuma's face and turned it to towards him.

 

"I'm here Fuuma, I'm your Kamui…those two over there are the Dragon of Heaven and the Dragon of Earth," he spoke gently, staring intently into Fuuma's deep honey colored eyes. Fuuma stared back longingly at the boy holding his face and leaned slightly into the touch as recognition slowly sank in. Yes this was Kamui…HIS Kamui…God did he like the sound of that, although he knew Kamui did not mean that in the same sense that he wished for. Tentatively, Fuuma wrapped his arms around Kamui's waist and brought them closer.

 

"It is you…Kamui…" he breathed out burying his face into Kamui's shoulder and feeling tears of happiness welling up in his eyes. Kamui nodded and hugged him tighter, running a finger along the back of Fuuma's neck. He shivered slightly when he felt Fuuma's warm breath on his skin.

 

"Well…I think we better leave them alone, ne?" the Light Kamui asked his lover, giggling at the cute scene in front of him. The Dark Kamui merely nodded, not really interested at all with the two teens, and brought his arm around his light counterparts' shoulder to guide them away.

 

"We can leave them alone for a while, but…" he trailed off once they were far enough away.

 

"Hmm? But what?" the Light Kamui asked, feeling a bit concerned.

 

"But I don't think this peace can last much longer. The wish of the Earth…I can feel it…it's getting worse…I don't know how much longer I'll be able to fight it…" The Light Kamui tensed and looked down.

 

"Oh…" he spoke quietly, "I guess we better think of a plan soon then…"

 

The Dark Kamui nodded. "Very soon…"

 

A.N.: Wow…it's been a while huh? ^^;; Wonder if anyone remembers this fic at all…I apologize for anyone that's been waiting…and I really have no excuse for taking so long other than I didn't know what to write for this chapter…I'm still trying to think if a decent ending for the story, but that's not going too well which is kinda why I've lost my motivation for it ^^;; Oh well…I will promise you though that I do plan on finishing this fic…I just don't know when ^^;; Anyway, hope you all like the chapter! Drop me a review if you like ^_^

 

ff.net reviewers:

 

Liviania: Glad you like my little explanation! ^__^ ah yes the DK and LK, they're so much fun to write ^^ Hope you liked the chapter!

 

Feye Morgan: ^^;; No need to apologize. I should be apologizing to you for not updating in so long…I'm sorry!! ^^; LOL! Star-crossed lovers indeed ^^ Yeah they've all been through a lot…I still don't know how to end it properly but I'll try not to disappoint! ^^;;

 

chris pwure: CHRIS!! ::glomps you:: ^___^ Been a while huh? Wow, I'm glad you liked my explanation so much! And here I was afraid of how people might react ^^;; And yes, all the Kamuis are out now ^^;; No more Kamuis to confuse you…hopefully. Also yeah, I kinda wanted to show that there is more to the Light Kamui than his genki-ness ^^ Glad you like how it's working out. ^__^

 

Subaru's Voice: Yes fluff is good ^_^ hope you liked the bits that were in this chapter. And thank you for the e-mail! ^___^ It really made my day and inspired me to work on this to get it up soon…I'll try and put more fluff in, just for you ^_~

 

Yuki Fuyumi: Oooh! Long review! ^_^ Sorry to keep you waiting for so long…I had a bad case of writer's block and was distracted by other things ^^;; Wow, I'm glad you're enjoying all this! I never thought I'd get such a positive response for my very first fanfiction ^_^ I'll see what I can do about getting the next part up…hopefully it won't take too long…Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter! ^_^

 

Zilleniose: XD YAY!!!! I have a stalker! ^___^ Well I hope I'll be able to keep living up to your expectations! I'll try my best to update soon! ^_^

 

 

fairy of irrelevence: Wow…well I'm glad that I was able to rekindle your love of fanfiction ^^ I didn't think my explanation thing would go over so well, but guess I was wrong ^^ Anyway, I'll try not to take too long for my next update. Hope to see an update of your own soon ^^ I'm really liking that story ^_~

 

Cheeseburger of Doom: YAY! New reviewer! ^__^ Glad you like it! Hope this chapter was to your liking as well ^^ I really liked your other two fics and hope to see another Mirage of Blaze one soon. You know how to write them so well! Go you! ^__^ Anyway, I'll try and get more of this up soon…as soon as I can figure out where I want it to go from here >_>

 

WildHeartz: Yes, I finally got a little Fuuma in here ^^;; It's been so long and I think he's still mad at me about it ^^;; Fuuma: ::glares at kamuichan99:: Anyway, hopefully the answers to your questions will be revealed soon…as soon as I can figure them out myself ^^

 

Thanks again everyone! Hopefully my next update won't take as long ^^;;