Xiaolin Showdown Fan Fiction ❯ Trying To Think ❯ Exposed ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“I grow sick of this big stupid round box thing I want out now!” The sphere's weight had fallen through the ground, but the ice had reformed like the floor the sphere should have been on top of. Omi walked along a hidden tunnel that amazing enough was even down here in the face place, let alone fit the ice. He walked the crystal like a giant ice hamster wheel in the long hallway.
 
“Great, now how do we find him?” Elana shook her head at her dumb question.
 
“Um, with our powers maybe,”
 
“Oh….yeah.” she said. “Okay then I'll use my powers, dimension shield.”
 
“Nicole what are you do- oh god no.” Nicole used her dimension shield as a shed to rise Chase up out of the ground. Elana was completely stunned to say none the less. In sheer and utter horror Elana shrieked out; “Why did you do that!?”
 
“Because we lost Omi and we need help finding him.”
 
“Nicole you fu-”
 
“YOU WHAT!?” Chase yelled out.
 
“We're dead…..”
 
“Help, can anyone hear me!? Help!?” Omi plopped down on the ground filling defeated. “Wait I know, I can try unbending the ice, WATER!” nothing, “Okay then, ICE!” a little chip of ice fell from inside almost to say, or mock him if you please.
 
At the temple:
 
The three warriors relentlessly kept up the screech for their lost companion. It had been three days now since any of them had seen Omi and still no signs of him what-so-ever.
 
“Okay this is crazy three days and no Omi, it's gotta be kidnap I tell you, kidnap!”
 
“Rai claim down okay, now who would want to take Omi?” Kimiko tried easing Raimundo anger.
 
“I'd about give ya one guess;” said the cowboy.
 
“You're right,” agreed Raimundo “Chase Young”
 
Sneezing Chase complained;
 
“How old is this cave, this dusting swirling about is irritating!”
 
“Bless you.” said Nicole, she was way too happy for her own good. Growling at her Nicole hide and latched herself on to Elana's right arm using her as a barrier. Sighing Elana spoke out;
 
“Be nice or we won't help you.”
 
“Have you forgotten that you have to help since we're the next balances of good and evil, and as of now it's still your responsibility too maintain order.” he shot back. Angry that she'd been beaten she held her tongue till eventually they wondered upon two giant yin yang symbols. One was embedded in the ground with a crescent moon on one side and sun rays on the other and was made completely from centimeter tiles. Then one was perfectly smooth wood but its surface was so sleek that it appeared to be made of marble. Nicole ran to hug the figure that was against the wall.
 
“We're home!” she cried.
 
“Nicole stop hurting the door…” said Elana.
 
“Who dares enter?” said an unknown powerful voice.
 
“One who loves yang, but loves yin.” she answered
 
“Can this be proven?” said the voice.
 
“I am the one who loves yin ways but is in love with yang.”
 
Nicole and Elana placed their hands on the opposite colored dots and pushed inwards. The dots started revolving outward like a fan so if you touched them your finger would get smashed. Following soon the entire door spun in a counterclockwise manner till it stopped yin side down and the dots rotated one last time revealing handles which then the girls pulled outwards and the door turned one last time to it's normal position. Stepping back light peered through every crack, from the tiles; even thought a type of glue was in place to the line between the doors. The light traveled from the top of the entrance down like a scanner. When it hit Nicole the light touching her grew larger and whiter and stayed with her. When the flash hit Elana it intimated in the same approach but the radiance was black. However when the beam hit Chase it was grey.
 
Together in perfect unison the girl recited;
 
“Your light shinned grey when not black, this could either mean you are not ready to take your place as over load of darkness or yin is troubled and in that case there is work to be done. Come now and progress through the entry, unfasten the gates and permit us access.” as their terms were spoken neither of their faces detained no expression nor any sigh of human emotion or life for that matter. The other odd fact was they talked to him with their back turned, the keepers where very valued and respectful beings, it was not like them to show insolence to anyone.
 
“Don't think you can go bossing me around.” Chase snarled, but nevertheless they did not so much as even recognize his presence and bluntly stood in place. The sensation was too much and he would not stay here waiting around he strolled ahead, as he detour pass the girls they kept remained in their rag doll-like state. With great force he released into the foyer as an immense source illuminated the corridor hall. Chase saw ghost-like waves shadowed in opposition along their faces as their profiles enlightened. As the blaze departed the two girls fell just like the rag dolls they mimicked.
 
“Carry them to their thrones, retorted the same almighty voice as before, he nodded and dragged what seemed like their corpses to the thrones. Dropping them some distances away from the post and ventured off.
Time later he returned to the still bodies and plunged their forms in place. With suffocating gasps they choked in air.
 
“Elana, what happened? Was it him, was he here?” Nicole struggled getting the words out.
 
“Chase, what did you see, please this is very important, and it has to have done with you or Omi, perhaps both.” She cringed sincerely.
 
“Whoever it may have been spoke of my grey light.” Was all the information he would give them. Elana looked worried and Nicole cried, real tears and it only added to their problems.
 
“It may very well be a premonition I can sense something's lurking in the darkness. All we can be sure of is something's defiantly is not right. Nicole, the sky glass, we need to find Omi now.” Nodding both stepped down and knelt before the pool. Dipping their hands into the cool water they flicked the drops back in as the water began slowly circling counterclockwise till in a matter of seconds a picture appeared.
 
“It's him, Omi!” Chase cried but as he looked back he saw Nicole looked panicked and Elana seemed angry.
 
“Quiet or he'll hear you!” she snapped. Chase shot her glare and she hid a gulp;
 
“If it wasn't for Omi shake I'd have killed her along time ago.” He declared in his mind.
 
“I need remember to watch my mouth; one slip of the tongue could be my last!” She concluded mentality. The hairs on Nicole's neck stood as she could feel the tension in the air. She watched as the image changed and the two of them didn't notice till a moment after.
 
“Where did he go!” he yelled again. Nicole foamed at the mouth and fainted while Elana shook her head and send her a
“you idiot” gaze.
 
“Chase please, we can be heard!” The image in the sky glass showed the remaining xiaolin monks flying Dojo up a rock mountain, each of them wore a determined look on their faces.
 
“That's the mountain my lair resigns at.” Chase analyzed,
 
“They might think you have Omi, I mean it's been nearly four days now. Did you really think his absence would go unnoticed?” she inquired.
 
“I have to leave; these wretched monks need to be removed once and for all!”
 
“Chase, how do think Omi will feel learning his friends have been removed?” Elana resorted.
 
“Fine, then what do you propose I do?”
 
“I have an idea, if you're willing to take orders that is.” Waving her hand over the water the scene changed to the inside of Chase's home. “Jump in the water and you'll land anywhere you see in the water. You can fall to the ground or rise up from the floor whatever you wish.”
 
“So this sky glass is the same as the golden tiger claws?” he replied in an unimpressed tone.
 
“No!” she snapped out quickly. “With this is can view place unknown to man focus in on certain spots, see through objects in your way, and if your destination is unclear or too dark you can make it more accessible.” She boasted proudly.
 
“Would you shut your mouth, your constant whining is aggravating me!” he remarked as he leap in before Elana had a chance to make a come back. He landed on the floor meters from the entrance.
 
“Nice, well anyway just think of a yin yang sign at any place and a portal back here will appear where you wanted that can bring you back.” she added
 
“Can I take others back with me?”
 
“Normally no, but I'll wake Nicole…. Um here and find a spell, it won't take long I promise.”
 
“Sure then,”
 
“One more thing, if you do take someone with you, you all must be physically touching in order for it to work!”
 
“I like that rule.” Chase alleged.
 
“You perverted bas-” Chase cut the link, how did he didn't know but was thankful all the same. Sighing Elana turned away as the image close and she lightly shook Nicole. Nicole slight stirred then sat what.
 
“What-d I missed.” She yawned out.
 
“Come on, we have to find a spell that well allow Chase to bring Omi back through should he find him.”
 
“Huh?” Nicole had a groggy, dazed appearance.
 
“Come on,” she said dragging her with her to the library.
 
“Chase Young what have you done with Omi!?” Raimundo shouted pointing an accusing finger in his direction. Chase finally turned his attention towards the intruding xiaolin warriors.
 
“Clam yourself dragon-of-the-wind for I too am searching for him.”
 
“Wha-really!?” asked a starry eyed Raimundo. Kimiko shoved his arm with her elbow. “Ow! Oh um I mean why! Why are looking for him!?” Chase gave them a sly smile while Elana and Nicole had returned to the sky glass with the spell ready to go. They saw the look he gave and will, they knew it was trouble.
 
“He wouldn't” said Elana
 
“Would he?” asked Nicole
 
“Omi and I are lovers.” Was all Chase said.