XXXHolic Fan Fiction / Legal Drug Fan Fiction ❯ Don't See That Everyday ❯ What is Desired ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Me no own!
 
Okay, here's the other half of the challenge. Sorry it took a while, but I had to figure out if this was okay. Still not sure if it is, but yeah.
 
Shio: Ro-chan, I don't think the readers want explanations on why you're so lazy. I think they want the rest of the story.
 
Ro: *glares* Oh hush, you still need to update Crossing Paths, so don't preach to the choir.
 
Shio: Hey, I have writer's block, unlike you.
 
Ro: Shio, I'll tell every Kurama fangirl where you live if you don't be quiet.
 
Shio: *shuts up*
 
Ro: Right-o, on with the story!
 
Enjoy, su!
 
 
What Is Desired
 
 
“WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO GET PAIRED WITH THIS FOOL?!” Watanuki yelled as he and Domeki walked down the street to the drug store. The later had an annoyed look on his face as he plugged his ears with his fingers.
 
“Oh shut up, fool,” Domeki stated when the shorter boy was done yelling.
 
“What did you say?!” the bespectacled boy demanded angrily, stopping in the middle of the sidewalk and causing people to walk around him as if used to this sort of thing.
 
Domeki stopped as well, turning his head to the side as if to ignore Watanuki. “Only the truth, fool,” he replied coolly, enjoying the reaction he got out of the smaller boy. After a few minutes, Watanuki calmed down enough to be coherent and they were on their way again to the drug store to pick up what Yuko had sent them out for. “So what does Yuko want us to get this time, some more Eki-Kyabe?” he asked, more then a little curious.
 
“She said that this drug store is the place where she gets some of the junk in her back room, although she calls it `treasure',” he said the word `treasure' sarcastically. Although, he was curious about what was so special about this store, even if it was the place that had given Yuko the vase that turned the pipe fox spirit back to its travel size form and helped him find the Zashiki Warashi.
 
Domeki nodded, deciding to push the subject no farther. Watanuki probably knew no more than he did about the place other than the fact that two boys a little older than them worked there. But he did want to know what they were being sent to pick up for the witch this time.
 
“So what are we getting for her this time?” he asked after some debate on whether to ask.
 
Watanuki slipped him a surprised look, apparently having been in deep thought himself. “She said it was some sort of charm that makes your desires come alive, or something stupid like that,” he said, looking at the taller boy out of the corner of his eye. He saw the taller boy staring at him intently and looked away, a small blush on his face. This did not go unnoticed. “But whatever, not like I care.”
 
With that said, Watanuki sped up his pace so that he was ahead of the taller boy. Domeki smirked at this and easily caught up with the blue-eyed boy, his long legs extending as he walked. This would be an interesting day, and he didn't need Yuko's powers to know that.
 
~*~
 
“What do you want now?” Kazahaya asked his reluctant room mate as he led the annoyed blonde out the back. He didn't want to be anywhere near the taller boy right now, let alone while they were alone, when he'd spent the last few days with him trying to find that stupid charm Kakei had asked him to retrieve for a special friend of his. He still had the bruises from when the ceiling had nearly fallen him.
 
Rikuo was silent as he stopped short of a group of trash cans. In his hand, he clutched the charm that he and Kazahaya had retrieved the other day. It was a small figurine shaped piece of jade, the image worn away from time. The chord was made of leather that seemed much newer than it should have been, considering the charm was over a thousand years old. Kakei had told Rikuo to hold onto it, since Kazahaya would have probably lost it if he'd kept it.
 
“Rikuo?” Kazahaya asked when the black haired boy's silence had begun to worry him a little. Just a little.
 
Carefully slipping the charm into his jean pocket, Rikuo turned to face the blonde, his emerald eyes holding a look that had Kazahaya's amber ones widening. He began to advance on the smaller boy, the blonde backing up with every step the ravened haired one took toward him.
 
“Um, Rikuo, what are you doing?” he asked nervously, the look on Rikuo's face sending an odd shiver down his spine. Strangely enough, it was a shiver of pleasure.
 
“Nothing,” he answered, though it was only half true. He really was just backing Kazahaya up to the wall, for now.
 
“W-well then go do nothing some where else,” Kazahaya said uncomfortably, still backing up. His back hit the wall and his stomach dropped. He began to pray that Rikuo was kidding like he always was.
 
Rikuo placed his hands on either side of Kazahaya's head and leaned in to whisper in his ear. “What if I don't want to,” he said huskily, reveling in the feeling of Kazahaya shuddering against him.
 
Kazahaya's eyes widened even more, if that was possible. Rikuo was being serious? B-but he'd said he wouldn't do something without consent. Had he decided to retract his promise? God he hoped not; please let Rikuo be joking like always. Please, please let him only be kidding, because Kazahaya's heart wouldn't be able to take it if he wasn't. Man, had that come out wrong.
 
“W-well I want you too,” Kazahaya spoke, although it came out as terrified squeak.
 
“You don't sound too convincing Kazahaya,” the blonde could practically hear Rikuo smirking. Was it true? Did Kazahaya not want Rikuo to leave him alone? Sure, he was feeling oddly reluctant at shoving the taller teen away, but did he really want him close so him like this? Kazahaya had the feeling he was about to get his answer.
 
“Do you know what the charm Kakei sent us to get a few days ago does?” the larger boy asked seriously, pulling away enough so he could see the smaller one's face. At Kazahaya's confused look, he went on. “It brings the desires of the person who owns it to life, meaning that because you were the one to pick it up first when we got it, technically it's yours.”
 
“So then why aren't my desires coming to life?” Kazahaya managed to ask as boldly as he dared in this situation.
 
Rikuo's smirk just got wider, his face so near now their lips were nearly touching. He heard the blonde swallow hard. “Isn't it obvious? This is what you desire.”
 
“What are you-” Kazahaya didn't get to finish as Rikuo's lips came crashing down onto his in a heated and passionate kiss. He could almost feel himself melt for the first few seconds.
 
After that, Kazahaya came to his senses and tried to push the taller teen off him, only ending with his hands on the boy's chest and him taking it as a sign to go on. Eventually Rikuo got that something was wrong and he pulled away, fully intent on getting the blonde to kiss him back. The smaller boy shivered at the predatorial glint in the raven haired boy's eyes. He liked it.
 
“So do you believe me now Kazahaya?” Rikuo purred, licking his lips suggestively. He grinned when he saw the smaller teen watching the action.
 
Kazahaya shook his head to rid himself of whatever thoughts that blasted kiss had planted in his mind and glared up at Rikuo. “No way in hell is that what I desire. That kiss was something you wanted,” he drudged at the green-eyed boy.
 
Rikuo seemed to go into a thoughtful faze for a moment, his eyes glazed slightly. Kazahaya found himself staring. “It's true that that was something I've wanted for a while,” he started honestly. Kazahaya was about to gloat, but Rikuo silenced him by placing a finger on his lips. “But I wouldn't have done it if you didn't want it more.”
 
The blonde blushed, realizing he may not be able to get out of this one. He didn't believe for one second that he wanted Rikuo to kiss him, but now he was certain that the stupid lug wasn't going to leave him alone unless he got what he wanted. Kazahaya swallowed hard, having come to a gut wrenching decision.
 
Tentatively, Kazahaya lifted a hand to trace Rikuo's cheek, surprising the latter a bit. He brought his hand up to his friend's, if he could call him that, emerald eyes and let his fingers dance over their eyelids softly. Then he trailed them down Rikuo's nose and over his lips, tracing them a little shyly, making the taller teen shudder at the smaller one's boldness. It was now or never.
 
Kazahaya lifted himself up on his tipped toes and gently place his lips on Rikuo's, fully intent on pulling away three seconds after. But Rikuo held him in place, his large hand tangled in the amber eyed youth's gold hair. He tried to deepen the kiss by running his tongue along Kazahaya's bottom lip, asking for entrance. Kazahaya, once reluctant, found himself giving into Rikuo's pleas for entrance and opened his mouth to the taller boy. Rikuo's tongue immediately darted inside and began to dance with Kazahaya's.
 
“GYAAAAAAHHHHHH,” they heard a voice scream and Kazahaya immediately yanked away to see who it was. His eyes widened when he saw it was two boys slightly younger than himself, one with glasses who had clearly the one to scream, and a taller one who wore a similar expression to that of Rikuo's. But what were they doing back here, let alone what had they walked in on.
 
“What do you want?” he heard Rikuo growl. He felt pity for the bespectacled boy when he saw him gulp, but a little afraid when the other boy narrowed his yellow eyes at them.
 
“I-I'm Kimihiro Watanuki, we were sent here by Yuko-san to pick something up for her, S-some sort of green charm?” Watanuki stuttered hopefully, wanting to get out of this embarrassing situation as quickly as possible.
 
Rikuo nodded, taking the charm out of his pocket and tossing it to Watanuki. A slow grin fell over his face when he noticed the look on the taller boy's face. He looked ready to protect the glasses wearing boy should he decide to attack them. A sly plan formed in his mind.
 
“It's yours,” he said to Watanuki, still looking at the taller boy beside him. “Just make sure you're ready for what happens next, Watanuki.”
 
Kazahaya gave him a questioning look while Watanuki just looked confused. After an awkward moment, he nodded and gestured for the taller boy that they leave. After they had gone, Kazahaya looked back up his reluctant room mate.
 
“What was that for?” he asked suspiciously. He blushed when Rikuo's face drew near his again, a sultry look in his beautiful emerald eyes.
 
“Nothing,” he breathed softly into Kazahaya's ear, making his prey shudder with pleasure. “Just trying my hand at some match-making.”
 
~*~
 
“I can't believe we walked in on that,” Watanuki grouched as he and Domeki walked back to Yuko's shop. That was the single most embarrassing moment of his life and he was glad to be away from there.
 
Domeki was silent, no big surprise there, but he usually would have told the bespectacled teen to shut up by now. Of course, Watanuki was too busy ranting to himself to notice the usually stoic boy's unusual silence. His attention was more focused on getting his thoughts out before he got to Yuko's and she teased him about the thing he and Domeki had walked in on; it was a given that she knew already, if not before.
 
Domeki clutched the charm Watanuki had given him to hold; something was weird about it. He didn't know what, but he was starting to feel funny; not the weird funny he felt when they were around ghosts and such, but the kind of funny he usually felt for the smaller boy. He wondered distantly why those feelings had resurfaced.
 
“-are you even listening to me?!” Watanuki screamed finally, bringing the archer from his musings.
 
Domeki actually had the nerve to ignore him.
 
“Argh! You Bastard!” He yelled as he lunged at the taller boy. He was stopped and pinned to the wall behind him, Domeki's body dangerously close to his own.
 
“And what would you have me say to your little statements, hmm?” the archer breathed heavily into Watanuki's ear, causing him to shudder. Domeki gave a small grin at the bespectacled boy's reaction and breathed on his neck again, eliciting the same reaction. It was a known fact that Domeki Shizuka was a sadist.
 
Watanuki struggled, ignoring the fact that he liked Domeki breathing on him like that. “Let me go, you bastard,” he hissed, afraid to draw attention to himself for once.
 
“And what if I don't want to?” Domeki asked slyly, licking the shell of Watanuki's ear.
 
Watanuki shuddered, not sure what this feeling he had was. He was remembering something; something that was important that Yuko had warned him not to do. It was at the very edge of his mind, but he just couldn't reach it. What the hell was it?!
 
“What ever you do, do not give the charm to someone else on the way,” the Space-Time Witch had started, an odd glint in her yellow eyes. “If you do, then-“
 
And that's where his memory had ended.
 
“Watanuki, do you want this?” Domeki asked, worried over his prey's silence, but not much. He already knew the answer to his question without the shorter boy answering.
 
“No,” was all the blue-eyed boy said, trying to get as far away from the giant pinning him as the wall would allow. He was doomed.
 
Domeki smirked, hearing the obvious lie behind his prisoner's words even if said prisoner didn't know he was lying. It looked like he would have to show him what he meant.
 
Watanuki was too engulfed in his thoughts to realize Domeki had pulled away from him a bit. He was still to busy to realize that said boy was also hovering just above his pale lips, an uncharacteristic smirk gracing his stoic, handsome features. He only noticed when he felt warm puffs of air spreading over his face, making him flush. It was in those final moments-when Watanuki looked up to see Domeki looking him directly in the eyes with his face so near his, he could practically taste the taller boy's lips-that Kimihiro Watanuki realized his mistake when he had given the jade charm to Domeki to hold.
 
“If you do, then you run the risk of that person giving into the desires you have for them at that moment, whether you are aware of them or not. If you see a pretty girl and want her to kiss you and you give her the charm, then she will. Or, if you are passing someone who annoys you and you give them that charm, whatever unconscious desires you have at that time for them they will do. For instance, you might unknowingly want them to jump in front a bus; if you give them the charm, they will. Which is why I'm warning you before hand to be careful,” Yuko finished, taking a puff from her overpowering pipe.
 
It was just as Yuko's warning was flashing through his mind that he felt surprisingly warm lips crash onto his. At first, he was too surprised to fight, and when he did, he quickly gave up and opened his mouth and allowed the taller boy to explore. He hadn't fought as Kazahaya had Rikuo; he was too in touch with his emotions to do that. That and it seemed useless since Domeki wouldn't let him go unless he got some good snogging from his prey.
 
Watanuki was already lost in the sensations of having Domeki's lips on his and shyly reached his own tongue out to wrestle with the archer's. Domeki, meanwhile, was a bit speechless at how fast Watanuki had given up when he kissed him. He had always thought the bespectacled boy was unaware and naïve of his feelings for him, but apparently he had always known what he felt on some level. It made him smirk internally at the thought that maybe the smaller boy wasn't as thick-headed as he thought.
 
“Ooh, nee-chan, look! Look!” an annoyingly familiar voice cried out, interrupting their little “moment”. “I told you Domeki-kun had a crush on Watanuki-kun!”
 
Watanuki jerked away from his current assaulter (although he had thoroughly enjoyed the rough-but-sweet kiss) to peer over the bigger boy's shoulder. What he saw made him pale.
 
There, standing with a hand to her mouth to stifle a giggle, was one of the twins they had helped a little while ago. Standing beside her, the older twin was frowning, but still obviously pleased with the scene as well, her short hair hanging in her face.
 
“I already told you I believed you imoto-chan,” she said with some slight annoyance. It didn't last long, though, as she began to dissolve into her own fit of giggles, not bothering to hide them like her younger sister. “Aren't they just so cute? Now Himawari-chan doesn't have to lock them in a closet!”
 
The younger twin nodded vigorously, finally letting herself let loose a small, cute laugh. “Hai, hai, and we don't need to figure out how to get them to go out with us again.”
 
By this time, Watanuki's numbed mind had soaked this all in. Since when did Himawari know these two? Had she sought them out after he had told her and Domeki about them? No, that was impossible! Unfortunately, though, this was not his main train of thought; his mind right now was focused on trying to get away. Away from the girls, away from the glaring Domeki, and away from the memory of that damn kiss! So, he ran.
 
“Watanuki-kun, wait!” he heard one of the twins call, which one he was unsure. “We didn't mean to embarrass you, please come back!”
 
He didn't listen; all he heard were his feet hitting the ground heavily and his breathing as it began to speed up and come out in short gasps. Watanuki ran until he was just outside Yuko's damnable shop when he heard footsteps behind him. Now, he thought that one of the twins had run after him, that is, until he realized the footfalls were too heavy for them to belong to a girl, even one older than he was. So that left only one person. That left-
 
“Domeki…” he gasped as he was pulled backwards and was flung against the wall of the fence just near the entrance to Yuko's front lawn.
 
The taller boy was huffing, though not as badly as Watanuki, and his face was flushed with anger. He glared down at the glasses wearing youth before slamming a hand on either side of Watanuki's head, thus cutting off any means of escape. “You left me with them,” he growled, emphasizing the last word. “Why did you leave me with them?”
 
Watanuki looked away, unable to look up at the archer. Why had he run away? Was it because he was embarrassed? No, that wasn't it, because who wouldn't be embarrassed after having someone see you making out in the middle of a busy side-walk? And surely Domeki had been embarrassed, although the bespectacled boy had seen more annoyance than embarrassment from the taller teen anyway. So why did he run away?
 
Domeki, annoyed with the shorter teen's silence, lowered his head until his lips were hovering just over his preys. “Well? Aren't you going to answer me?” he growled; he didn't understand why Watanuki refused to meet his gaze, but it was really starting to irritate him. Hadn't he enjoyed the kiss they'd shared before it was interrupted?
 
Watanuki shook his head, still not looking up at him. “Go away, your face is making me want to hit you,” was all he said, hoping his words would piss the taller boy off enough to make him leave him alone. No such luck.
 
“Bull shit,” Domeki growled dangerously, shaking the smaller boy slightly to get him to look at him. When that didn't work, he grabbed Watanuki by the chin and forced his head up; he was surprised to be met with so little resistance. “Why the hell did you run away and leave me back there?” he asked in a softer tone at his rival's distressed expression.
 
“I was scared,” he admitted, trying to look down, but being unable to. “Besides, you just kissed me because of the charm. It's not like you meant it anyway.”
 
Domeki raised an eyebrow at this, wondering where on Earth the bespectacled boy got such an idea. “And you would know this how exactly?”
 
“The charm that I gave you-Yuko-san told me that if you give it too someone, you desires for them will become real. That's why you kissed me, because I secretly wanted you to,” he explained, lowering his eyes. He heard Domeki take a breath to ask a question, but he answered it before he could ask it. “And I forgot her warning when I gave it to you, so don't get mad at me.”
 
He sighed, unable to do much else than that since Watanuki wouldn't believe him if he said he'd wanted it too. They stood there awhile, still leaning against the wall as they were, until a slow idea began to make it's way into Domeki's mind. It was an idea that made the bigger boy smirk.
 
“So you think I kissed you against my will, huh?” he asked in a voice that caught the other's attention as he looked up at him with widened eyes. Before the blue-eyed boy in front of him could protest, Domeki swooped in as quickly as he could and laid a chaste kiss on Watanuki's lips, effectively silencing him. When he pulled away, he was smirking triumphantly at the glasses-wearing boy's numbed expression. “Well I can tell you that that was done totally of free will.”
 
Watanuki said nothing for a moment before he regained himself slightly. “Domeki—”
 
“Ah ha ha ha ha, it seems you have been busy while I was waiting here for you to return,” Yuko's laughter sounded from behind them, and they spun around to see her standing there in one of her wild outfits. “I knew it was a good idea the two of you to retrieve my little gift from Kakei-san. I just wasn't sure how good!”
 
Yuko added to this another bout of laughter that soon had Watanuki steaming more then a bowl of hot dumplings and he pushed Domeki away from and stormed up to her after taking the charm from him. “Here's your stupid gift, now stop sending me and that fool Domeki out together on your stupid errands,” he yelled in his typical method of flailing when he'd shoved it into her hands. After he'd done that, he stomped away huffily towards the entrance of her shop, still muttering to himself. “And just for that, you're only getting 2-go tonight!” he threw over his shoulder before he was gone.
 
“Ooh, Watanuki-kun is so mean!” Yuko whined, even though the bespectacled boy was no longer there to hear her. After a few minutes, she let a catlike smirk split her face as she looked back at the forgotten Domeki. “I think he forgot my warning of the effects of giving this charm to someone.”
 
Domeki shrugged after raising his eyebrow. “At least I got something out of putting up with his insults this time, so don't what you want too bad for him,” he said as he turned to leave. “Maybe just have him give you more alcohol than he threatened to take away.”
 
Yuko just continued to grin as the priest's grandson left on his way home, knowing he was not allowed to come into the witch's shop. “I think I have a better idea,” she said to the wind before she headed in for the fabulous food that her indentured servant would be-complainingly-serving her tonight. She'd have to remember to visit Kakei again and thank him. Till then, food and booze all night long!
 
 
End
 
 
Okay, so I wasn't able to do everything Souten required in her challenge, but I can fix that with one more chapter. Just give at least five reviews for this chapter, and I'll be able to make another one. That is all I ask to get my muse going, so yeah. Hope it wasn't too terrible, since this is my first Shounen-ai fic, but I would greatly appreciate flames. That's right, flame me till I'm a smoking cinder. Unless you actually liked it, that is. So R&R!