Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ My Wish ❯ Part 2: A New Mission and A New Friend ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My Wish

Part 2: A New Mission and An Old Friend

"Hijiri?" Hisoka asked in surprise too.

"Long time no see!" Hijiri said as he hugged his twin. Tough they weren't really twins but they just said they were, "I thought you were dead like the rest of the cl-them." Hijiri immediately corrected himself knowing that that the three didn't know about them being vampires since two are vampire hunters. He hoped no one caught that slipup.

"Me too, I thought you were dead with… Khayyam," Hisoka said whispering the last word in his ear.

"I was out at the time." They both pulled away and saw the confusing faces of the others.

"Acquaintances a long time ago. We met up somewhere and were friends after that," Hijiri explained. The three seemed to take the excuse but Watari knew better. Since Hijiri did emphasize on the word 'long' he didn't think the years were one digits. They began walking to the restaurant with the twins leading them wherever and the other three in the back.

Hisoka and Hijiri went into a deep conversation. Yes Hijiri is a vampire. They put three hundred years apart into three minutes. They chatted like crazy. When they arrived at a food place they immediately quieted down. But then when they sat they began chatting up again. Vampires could eat regular food but it wouldn't sustain them but every now and then they do. Watari had to stop them so that the waitress could get their order. Before they could chat again Watari asked a question.

"So how did you two meet?" he asked.

"We met by chance. We both attended this fancy party and didn't participate as much and we just started talking to each other. We met at the party," Hisoka said and sent a warning look to him. Watari nodded in understanding. Hijiri sent Hisoka a questioning look. 'Watari-san knows,' he mouthed. Hijiri nodded.

"So what's your next case?" Hisoka asked the two hunters.

"How did you know?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Your mind is an open book. I'm empathic remember?" he said tapping his head once.

"Oh yeah. Well there's this famous singer that we're going to investigate. Her files matched those of Maria Wong who lived about five hundred years ago. Her name right now is also Maria Wong. The people above suspect that she's a vampire but we don't know for sure."

"Oh," Hisoka and Hijiri chimed at the same time. They knew who the hunters were talking about. To the vampire twins Maria is only a young vampire compared to them. They then continued eating and chatting again changing the subject.

Afterwards they said their goodbyes and went separate ways. Hisoka and Hijiri planned to meet at night when it was time for hunting. They were going to pay a visit to the singer that just arrived in town.

-----------------------------------

It was time for the two of them to go. Seeing as how it's already dark at night and no one would be out at this hour.

Watari warned them not to stay out too late. They nodded and left to find the singer Maria Wong.

The both of them stayed together and rushed through the silent streets. The night wind blew to their forms but never fazing them. Then when they were just about to give up they faintly heard a muffled scream. They went to investigate. A body slumped down to the floor and out of an alley stepped a woman that stood about 5'10" with long white hair and very pale skin. She wore a red Chinese style dress that reached to her knees and had slits on both sides of her legs and she wore black tights that reached to her mid-calves.

She turned in their direction as she felt the faint scent of the two vampire twins. She rushed over to them as they did to her and they met halfway.

"Well, well, isn't this a surprise," she said licking the blood that escaped her mouth.

"Well, well, isn't this a surprise," Hisoka copied her voice. He hadn't forgotten her voice even after so long. Vampires do have great memory.

"Still with the ventriloquism. Are you still the Violin Player of Death?" she asked Hijiri.

"No actually. What about you Maria? Are you still the Singer of Death?"

"Of course I am. Otherwise I wouldn't be having a singing career now would I?" she said smirking at the vampire twins.

"Come over to my place. The three of us have some catching up to do. Plus we need to tell you something," Hisoka said as the three of them rushed back to the flower shop.

-----------------------------------

Watari awaited the arrival of the twin vampires. They said that they were going to bring a friend. He hoped this friend is friendly otherwise the twins would get an earful. He heard the door open and three voices speaking. The third voice is a girl he could tell. They entered the dining room where he is patiently waiting for them. As soon as Watari saw the guest they invited he wasn't pleased.

"No, no, and no! If Tatsumi and Tsuzuki find out about this we're screwed and not in a good way," he said scolding the twin vampires.

"Watari-san we will handle it. Hijiri has Tsuzuki-san wrapped around his finger so it's okay and you are a good distraction to Tatsumi-san," Hisoka explained.

"Are you talking about those two vampire hunters? Wow I haven't met them but I heard that they killed most of the clan a few years ago," Maria spoke up. Hijiri's face became sullen. They saw that and immediately tried to cheer him up. "I'm sorry Hijiri-kun, I forgot about Khayyam."

"It's okay Ria-chan. I've gotten over it I have someone else now. I still feel bad for feeling for someone else though. With Khayyam it wasn't the same," Hijiri said forlorn.

"Don't worry if Tsuzuki tries to kill you I'll knock some sense into him," Watari said. Hijiri smiled a bit and nodded at the blond scientist.

"Oh Hijiri you baaaaaaaaaad boy. Sleeping with the enemy. Tsk, tsk," Maria said in a teasing tone while reverting back to what she looks like to the public. She had brown eyes and reddish-brown hair and her skin looked normal. The three sat at the table while Watari went off to bed seeing as how he's 'normal' and he needed his beauty rest.

"So Hijiri-kun how do you get food? I mean there haven't been reports about deaths or close to deaths around here," Hisoka asked.

"I hade a fake note written by a trusted doctor. He wrote down that I needed blood every night just to keep my complexion from looking very pale like yours Hisoka-kun," Hijiri answered. Hisoka pouted.

"He's right Hisoka-kun no matter what you do somehow your skin is very pale. I'm kinda jealous," Maria, said, "Well then how do you get food Hisoka-kun. There also haven't been any cases where someone is sucked dry or partially," she asked.

"Watari is immune to the vampire bite. His blood regenerates every time I take from him," Hisoka answered. He noticed his two companions looks. "Yes there are some people like that. I think if you find one you can. I ran into him by luck. I didn't feed for two nights and I jumped him and drained him. But then he just sat up again as if it never happened. I passed out after I drank since I was too tired and wanted to conserve energy."

"Lucky as always. You even had our lord wrapped around your finger. How'd you do it?" Maria said sarcastically not expecting an answer. They talked for some time until dawn approached.

"Well I have to get going. My manager will get mad at me," Maria said getting up and about to leave.

"No why don't you stay. You said that you wanted to meet the two infamous vampire hunters. And they are 'dying' to meet you too," Hisoka said.

"But I don't know. I think that I might be questioned a lot and I don't want that. How the hell am I supposed to lie?"

"We'll do all the work Ria-chan. You just have to play your part. Hijiri-kun will be standing behind Tsuzuki-san while they question you. He'll mouth what you have to say."

"Okay. I guess. But I better call my manager. She's going to be pissed if I don't tell her where I am."

"The phone is by the fridge."

Maria nodded and went to call her manager.

Tbc------------------------------

Kinshin: Thanks for your visits!

Like it? Review!