Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ My Wish ❯ Part 3: Pass the Test ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My Wish

Part 3: Pass the Test

Hijiri, Hisoka, and Maria talked for a while. Watari soon joined them and was begged by Hisoka to feed the other two. Watari just agreed since he wasn't that heartless. It was much better him than some unfortunate victim. As Maria was finishing her share Watari almost slumped over but she caught him. She took him to sit in a chair to rest. Then she licked the bit marks the three of them did and soon it healed with no scratch and blood revealing.

"If I have to feed you three at the same time I think I'll die early," he said jokingly.

"Well why didn't you tell us? I could've just grabbed some blood packs back at the apartment," Hijiri said in concern.

"Why didn't you tell me in the first place?"

"You never asked."

Watari soon gained his color and health back just in time when the two vampire hunters came for a visit. They stood shocked that their suspect was standing right there in the kitchen chatting peacefully with the other three.

"You owe us," Hijiri said, "Don't worry she knows about you guys. Though I don't know if you'll believe that she's not a vampire. She thought it was a great coincidence also. She never thought she'd be suspected of such."

"I won't mind if you have a few questions," Maria said smiling genuinely at them. The two looked dumbfounded and just sat across from her. Hijiri stood behind Tsuzuki so he could mouth off what she had to say.

They began questioning her and she answered all of them with help from the brown twin. After they were finished they came up with a decision.

"Well it looks like you're off the suspect list," Tsuzuki said smiling.

"Oh really? Thank you! You guys are really great. I do not wish to give up my career. I enjoy it." She said smiling back at him, "I better be going. I'd promise to meet my manager for the concert tonight. And since you people are so kind I'll give you all free tickets!" she said pulling out exactly five tickets and back stage passes. She said her goodbyes and left.

"What was she doing here anyways?" Tatsumi asked.

"She came in here. She was going to buy some flowers. That must be why this shop is a flower shop," Hisoka answered.

"Oh."

"One word vocabulary never ceases to amaze me."

* * *

"I sense him, he's near."

"Very good. Pretty soon we'll have the clan under our orders."

* * *

Hisoka sighed for the umpteenth time. He felt so left out. But he didn't care. He already has someone, he thinks. It's been four hundred years and not one sign of him. He thought that he'd given up but then again anyone who used to want him never chased him at all no matter what they say. He didn't care. He's just happy with being here around friendly company that will soon pass away. The price of being an immortal, you always get left behind. He sighed and stood up. He walked into his room to get ready for the concert. Maria did say she had something for them to do whatever it is. He just hoped it wasn't something embarrassing.

-------------------------------------

They arrived backstage. Maria met up with them before the show. They were a bit clueless why she told Hijiri to bring his violin. She explained to them.

"Can the both of you perform with me at the last piece?" she asked the twins, "It'll be just like the old days!" The two looked at her begging face. Somehow it always seems to affect them so they had pity for the young vampire.

"Alright. But what will I be playing?" Hisoka asked.

"Why the piano of course!" she said happily and skipped out towards the stage to begin. The twins sweatdropped.

"I didn't know you guys could play an instrument," Tsuzuki said suddenly.

"You never asked." Hisoka answered.

They soon quieted down as Maria began singing. The crowd awed at her talent, as did they. Hisoka and Hijiri sighed. They did miss the old days. In the old days they used to play for the parties planned by the clan when they lured unfortunate victims to the dance floor because of the beautiful music they played together.

"As for my last number of the night I have invited two talented players with me. Kurosaki Hisoka and Minase Hijiri." She said motioning for the twins to come out. The both of them shyly came out and bowed at the audience. Hisoka took his place at the piano bench and Hijiri merely readied his violin. Since they never planned what to play Hisoka just started. The two caught on with the tune and began a few measures later.

The crowd was even more enthusiastic about it. They awed at the marvelous sight of the three. To them it was just like the old times. They were just luring mice into their trap. Hijiri played his solo then Hisoka came next. They still haven't lost it. Maria glanced around at the crowd's amazement. She smiled. Then she caught a familiar someone dressed in white suit and a white trench coat. She smiled at him and he smiled back. She bowed and he nodded in her direction and began her singing again.

As it ended Hisoka finished it off.

The crowd applauded loudly. The three of them bowed to the audience and left shortly after.

Afterwards they all went to a restaurant to eat with Maria treating. She said it was payment for having the twins perform without practice but it was done beautifully. The manager, after the show, asked them if they wanted a career in performing. They both declined because they didn't want to become suspects as vampires when deaths started turning up. The manager was disappointed but then regained composure.

The six of them ate peacefully chatting about everything and nothing important. Maria and Hijiri would occasionally talk silently if its personal stuff in vampire world.

'He's here,' she mouthed to him.

'Who?' Hijiri asked.

'Our lord.'

'Oh does Hisoka know?'

'No, he does not wish to be revealed yet. Tell me something Hijiri what is it that you like about Tsuzuki-san?'

Hijiri froze at the question then answered.

'He saved my life a few days after Khayyam was killed. You know the rest.'

'Is it because he reminds you of Khayyam?'

Hijiri didn't answer.

'Don't lead him on. One of these days he's going to figure it out. You better be ready,' she finished.

Tsuzuki noticed his lover's saddened face.

"Hijiri what's wrong?" he asked concerned.

"Nothing, Tsuzuki, I'm fine," Hijiri answered giving him a smile.

"If you say so," he said pulling the younger looking kid into his lap making the young one giggle. Maria just rolled her eyes.

"Please spare the only straight one," she commented.

"Jealous?" Hijiri teased.

"Of you? Not even. Besides I could get any guy I want." She challenged winking at the older vampire.

"Pft, you wish," Hisoka muttered enough for the two of them to hear.

"You're so mean, Hisoka-kun." She checked the clock and noticed that it was a little late for her. "I better get going. I have a meeting with someone right now. Bye!" she said and paid for their meal already.

She walked to the park where she was supposed to meet her lord. There sitting on a bench was a man dressed in white with white hair and a tint of silver. He motioned her to sit beside him.

"Hello my lord, it's been a long time," she said politely.

"Please no formalities. Almost the whole clan is already long gone. Muraki would be fine," he said.

"Okay Muraki. What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Is he doing okay?"

"Who?"

"You know very well who I'm talking about."

"Ah, yes he is. He's doing okay. He has a blood supplier. He has some friends but they don't know his origin except one. They're such a lovely group."

"Oh, that's great." Maria sensed longing in her lord's voice.

"You miss him don't you?" she received silence, "Don't worry, I can tell he misses you too, even it's been four hundred years, I can tell."

"Is he happy?" he asked standing up throwing his cigarette to the ground.

"Yeah, but sometimes I can tell that he's lonely."

"Okay. I'll be seeing you. Good luck with your career." He called off to her as he walked off. She chuckled.

'He's so in denial,' she thought.

She then went her way and ran into a panicked Hijiri.

"Hijiri-kun what's the matter?" she asked concerned.

"It's Hisoka-kun. I can't find him. I can't feel his aura either. It's like he disappeared," Hijiri explained.

"Calm down we'll find him. Do you know where he walked off to?"

"No, Tsuzuki is tracking him with the messenger."

"Well we'll wait for that. Then if it doesn't work then we'll search for him."

"Okay."

-------------------------------------

Hisoka struggled against his restraints. But to no avail was he able to break it off. He sighed as he cursed himself for being careless. He never should've walked off alone in a 'dangerous' night such as this. He was ambushed and was a bit from not getting blood from Watari. Damn he should've never listened. Maybe he should've just gone with the others instead of coming back later but he couldn't help it. He missed nights like this. And for sure he knew he wasn't enjoying it so far.

As he was going for a walk, out of nowhere he was grabbed by a strong vampire and knocked unconscious. Now he was tied up against a wall. Under normal circumstances he'd be able to break out. Under normal circumstances he'd be able to fight back against the mental commands. Under normal circumstances he wouldn't be so weak!

He sighed. It was useless. He can tell that his aura is blocked.

He tensed as he felt the restraints being loose around his wrists. He fell forward into strong arms that felt welcoming and warm. He just wanted to fall asleep since he needed energy.

"Sleep now. You'll be fine by tomorrow."

He only caught something white before he fell into unconscious.

Muraki sighed as Hisoka so graciously accepted the offer. He carried him bridal style and was about to walk out but someone stood blocking the exit.

"I see you found him sooner than I expected."

"I see you wish to steal what belongs to me. Since I'm getting it back I guess I could do you a favor."

"And that would be?"

"What you've always deserved for being a traitor."

Fire formed a star inside a circle. It glowed and a three-headed yellow dragon appeared from it. (A/N: From the Nagasaki Arc)

"Have fun," was all Muraki said before he disappeared and the dragon began throwing light green fire destroying everything. He watched from the outside as the building blew up. He was sure that the vampire's ashes would be liquid by now, unless he escaped. He felt the figure in his arms stir. He smiled as he saw the beautiful green orbs gazed at him. He felt him tense and he let the boy down.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't just leave you there with the building about to be demolished."

"I-Thanks," Hisoka said hesitating. An equally cold hand made him face him.

"I still love you," Muraki said and gave him a kiss and pulled back. He just stared at what he missed for the last four hundred years that he just found.

"I c-can't."

"I understand. But remember what I said. I really do love you." He vanished without a trace. Hisoka could only stare at where his lover? was standing in front of him. He then looked at the sky to see the full moon.

Tbc---------------------------

Like it? Review!