Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ My Wish ❯ Part 6: Distractions ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My Wish

 

Part 6: Distractions

 

Muraki tended to the flowers. Okay you're wondering why he's tending to flowers? Well it's because he's staying there to prevent anything from happening to Hisoka. As much as the younger vampire refused his help it didn't matter, he'd do it anyways. Right now Hisoka was somewhere avoiding him but he didn't mind so much. The things you do for love.

 

It's been a week and he wondered if the Nagasaki division received the files. The one he was mostly worried about was Hijiri since he is living with a hunter without the hunter's knowledge. He read Tsuzuki's file. He may not look it, but he's smarter than he lets on. Hijiri had better be careful around this time.

 

The elder vampire decided to take a break. Seeing as how it was pointless to stand around tending to things humans would hardly buy. He sat behind the cashier's desk and closed his eyes. Sleeping for a while would be much better. Besides should anything come he'd be able to feel it.

 

--------------------------

 

Konoe glanced at the four files he received just yesterday. He kept flipping through them hoping that none of it was true. But there was very tough evidence but they could pass as not one since there would've been bad reports of people being drained. But none of them appeared. He sighed. He wondered how was he going to break this to Tsuzuki. He pressed button on the phone.

 

"Wakaba, take Terezuma with you and find Tsuzuki and Tatsumi." He said.

 

"Okay sir!"

 

--------------------------

 

Hisoka was over Hijiri's place. Well rather Tsuzuki and Hijiri's apartment but that was the same thing. Anyways he was doing everything possible to avoid the elder vampire. Though he wondered why he was still here was a mystery to him. Tsuzuki and Tatsumi were called for a meeting with Konoe and were gone for a while now. Maybe there was something important being discussed that needed undivided attention? Whatever it was it was taking too long.

 

The twins had been waiting for a few hours. Of course when bored you always try to find something to do.

 

"Hey, Hisoka, you wanna find out what's taking too long?" Hijiri pointed out. He was worried. Hisoka just thought for a moment.

 

"Sure I guess. Do you know where it is?" he asked.

 

"Of course, I always followed him, just not today."

 

"Alright, lets go then."

 

--------------------------

 

"Konoe-kachou is this some kind of joke?!" Tsuzuki exclaimed a bit angrily. He wasn't angry with the chief but the person who commands these missions be carried out. He dropped the four files on the desk angrily. When he skimmed through the files he wasn't all that pleased.

 

File 1: Kurosaki Hisoka

 

File 2: Minase Hijiri

 

File 3: Muraki Kazutaka

 

File 4: Wong Maria

 

Maria's case has been closed but somehow amazingly reopened. They were confused by that. She passed the test but the Konoe pointed out that anyone could lie very well and she could've been lying. Tsuzuki calmed down a bit as Tatsumi placed a comforting hand on his shoulders. Konoe thought for a moment.

 

"Look, I'll give you one week. If you can prove to the higher ups that they aren't one then they'd be okay. But Tsuzuki…should this prove true… You know exactly what to do," Konoe said to them with straightforwardness. Tsuzuki nodded and walked out along with Tatsumi. His anger was still fuming inside of him. But it was immediately diminished as someone jumped on his back and encircled their arms around his neck.

 

"Tsuzuki, I was worried! I thought something had happened when you didn't come back," Hijiri said in concern. Tsuzuki smiled.

 

"I'm fine. You wanna go somewhere to eat?"

 

"Anywhere's fine with me."

 

Tsuzuki smiled. He'd worry about the files later.

 

--------------------------

 

Tatsumi walked in the quiet flower shop. He was rather surprised to not see Kurosaki or the 'vampire hunter' from Kyoto. Instead no one was there. But he heard noise in the back maybe Watari was there too. He walked to the back with four files held under his arm. Tatsumi knocked on the door. Watari greeted him, just the person he wanted to see.

 

"Ah Tatsumi what brings you here?" Watari asked smiling genki as ever. Tatsumi smiled and walked in the room. He was a bit nervous being along with the blond. But then again he came here for important business. His face went completely serious. 

 

"I need you to see something." Tatsumi responded.

 

--------------------------

 

Hisoka scowled staring out the window of the café. He didn't order anything besides water. And the company he is with right now isn't someone he wished to be with at the moment. As much as his former lover was trying to be a good companion it wasn't helping any.

 

"Is there something wrong?" Muraki asked him.

 

"Everything," Hisoka simply said coldly. Muraki just chuckled and left it as that. He wondered how was he going to break this new information to him.

 

"There are reasons why I pulled you away from Hijiri. I just wanted to discuss something with you." Hisoka growled angrily.

 

"There's nothing to discuss! I'm leaving." He stood up but before he could go his wrist was grabbed, restraining him. He tugged on it trying to let go knowing that it was pointless anyways. "Let go of me," he said glaring right into mismatched eyes. But the eyes were looking around elsewhere. This just angered him more. Suddenly he was running to keep up with the long strides of the elder vampire. He looked behind them and noticed that they were being followed. He could sense that they were hunters. Okay that should explain it. He looked straight ahead as the light hit his eyes.

 

He snarled shielding them with his arm. He forgot that it was broad daylight. Suddenly he was picked up and placed into the arms of Muraki. Hisoka fought to get off but his strength didn't match up to the elder. He felt a sharp pain in his neck as he was bit. His vision became bleak as he fell right into unconsciousness.

 

Muraki stopped as soon as he felt him unconscious. It was much easier this way. He quickly went into an alleyway that had a dead end. It was something he was looking forward too. As he figured the hunters followed him in. He sat Hisoka down leaning against the wall and placed a protective barrier that way nothing would happen to him. Muraki turned to face them.

 

"Gentlemen and lady, it's so nice to meet you. Is there any particular reason that you're interested in following me?" Muraki stated rather coldly. The hunters held out their weapons. 'Oh so that's why,' Muraki thought. He chuckled silently. He wondered how long this would last.

 

"We're here to kill you and the innocent that you have bitten. You're wanted in twenty-three countries. You must be stopped," one of them said. Muraki chuckled out loud this time. He tilted his head to the side a bit giving them an award-winning smile.

 

"My dear hunters, if you haven't noticed, take a good look at the 'innocent's' neck."

 

Gasps were heard. Muraki knew what he had to do. Anyone up against him had never succeeded in killing him. There was only one person that he would give the pleasure to. The hunters got their weapons ready, crossbows, guns, etc.

 

"Let's begin."

 

--------------------------

 

Watari sunk in his chair. God his mind was messed up. He sighed as another thought crossed his mind. Shortly after Tatsumi left he was thinking. It was too soon. Although it's been a few years it was still too soon. Making this decision was hard but it was a promise. He told Hisoka that he would protect him as long as he was alive and that's exactly what he's going to do. Funny thing is, hunters don't know about blood donors like him, have special abilities. It varies from person to person. And Watari was going to use it all to protect Hisoka even if it meant going up against Tatsumi.

 

A knock sounded at the door. He told them to come in. Surprisingly it was Maria. He gave her a small tired smile. She gave him one of her own.

 

"You know if you think too much you'll grow old soon," she commented while taking the seat next to him.

 

"I know but…" Watari began.

 

"So you heard. When I first got the news from Muraki-sama I was shocked. Though I fear for Hijiri since he's living with Tsuzuki."

 

"Yes I know, but there's nothing we can do about it. All we could do is just fight and see how it all turns out."

 

--------------------------

 

Knock, knock, knock…

 

"Maybe he's out."

 

"No the chief said he'd be here."

 

"Saya, Yuma!"

 

Both girls turned around and squealed in surprise as the person they were looking for was there.

 

"Tsuzuki!" They both gave him a hug. They went inside and began to have small chats. Hijiri would be there but he said that he needed to see Hisoka for something. Tsuzuki just took that excuse. Right now he was discussing this new case with the two girls. The girls had sympathetic looks in their faces as they heard that Hijiri, Tsuzuki's long time lover, was being accused. That wouldn't go well because Tsuzuki just got over his sister's death ever since Hijiri came into his life.

 

"Don't worry Tsuzuki, I'm sure they're just being paranoid. I know this isn't true," Yuma said comfortingly.

 

"Yeah," Saya offered. Tsuzuki gave them a smile wanting or really believing that himself.

 

--------------------------

 

Hijiri came home a few hours later. He closed the door slowly and looked towards the couch. Tsuzuki was sleeping peacefully. The hunter was shaking because of the cold air. It was wintertime. Hijiri grabbed a spare blanket and placed it over Tsuzuki's sleeping form. He let out a small smile and walked to the kitchen. He needed to get his night's fill otherwise he could lose it showing Tsuzuki that he really is one and then there would be problems.

 

Rummaging through the cupboards he couldn't find any. That was unusual. Usually the shipments were there every month and it was the beginning of each month. He looked around and still couldn't find any. He had to keep it quiet so he wouldn't wake up Tsuzuki. Then a thought struck him.

 

Maybe Tsuzuki was testing him! That would be bad. Maybe the packs were in his office room. Hijiri walked back to check if Tsuzuki was asleep. The closed eyes and even breathing proved so. He walked in the room and shut the door quietly. Looking around nothing was out of place or out of the ordinary. The only things were the files on the desk. He picked them up and looked through them. His eyes widened in disbelief. He was on here. That was not good. Placing it back in neat organization and went over to the phone to get a hold of that doctor. He dialed the number and waited.

 

"Hello?" Hijiri heard from the other line.

 

"Yes, hello doctor. It's me Hijiri," Hijiri responded.

 

"Ah Hijiri what can I do for you?"

 

"Send me more of those packs. The shipments haven't come this month."

 

"What? But they're supposed to come into a monthly basis. I'll go check to see what's wrong and give you a call. Will you be able to hold out?"

 

"I don't know. I don't think I could last much longer."

 

"Alright. I'll find out as a fast as I can. Just hang on."

 

The doctor hung up and Hijiri did to. Should he have not put down the phone he would heard the click of the other phone in the apartment hang up.

 

TBC----------------

 

Kinshin: There people! I tried to make it less dialogue and more thoughts and things happening. I hope this is better! Thanks for your visits!

 

Like it? Review! NO FLAMESS!!