Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ My Wish ❯ Part 7: Confrontation ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My Wish

 

Part 7: Confrontation

 

Huff, huff, huff…

 

Hijiri had a hard time. He broke out with sweat as he tried to control himself. It seemed like the doctor never called back and it's been a couple of hours since he called. But to him it felt like one day. He sat down on the floor leaning against the wall trying to control his urges. It's been awhile since he was able to hold out this long. He lasted a few days without nourishment at some point but this was different. This he didn't have to starve and the scent of Tsuzuki's blood was beginning to call out to him.

 

NO! He wouldn't do that. He should get out of here. Otherwise something bad would happen. Hijiri shakily stood up and leaning his hand against the wall for support. He jumped and smacked the hand away touching his shoulder. He turned around and gasped in surprise before he went calm.

 

"Tsuzuki, I'm sorry you just startled me," he said giving the hunter a smile. Tsuzuki analyzed this odd behavior.

 

"It's okay Hijiri I should just spoke first before doing anything else. When did you get back?" Tsuzuki said.

 

"About three hours ago."

 

"Oh are you sure you're okay?"

 

"Yeah I'm fine. I think I just need to sleep that's all." Hijiri said walking over to the bedroom hoping Tsuzuki would just leave it at that. Luckily he did and just followed him in and lied down beside him. Soon enough Tsuzuki fell back asleep with Hijiri still wide-awake. Hijiri immediately got up but stealthily since he didn't want to wake Tsuzuki up. Silently he crept out of the apartment and ran as fast as he could to the flower shop.

 

------------------------------

 

Hisoka scowled as he was being kept, yet again from something. He knew that Watari got wind of it. But he didn't which wasn't making him any better. He found himself seconds later on the ground as someone ran into him. He looked to see Hijiri who wasn't looking to well and was about to lose it. He stood up dragging Hijiri with him and burst in the room. Everyone looked at him then to Hijiri. Watari immediately reacted and pressed Hijiri's face to his neck. The blond shut his eyes as the feeding bite pierced his neck.

 

As Hijiri was finished he sat down seeing as how he was almost drained. He wondered if Hijiri had enough nutrients.

 

"Thanks Watari." Hijiri said as he regained himself.

 

"No problem kid. Tsuzuki not feeding you?" Watari teased, "I'm just joking. Did you starve yourself for a day?"

 

"No, it's just that the blood I receive requires me to have it every night. The shipment didn't come in. I thought it was Tsuzuki who was testing me or something."

 

"Do you think he's on to you?" Maria asked.

 

"No, he doesn't seem like it."

 

"Just because the snake is being nice doesn't mean it won't plan on swallowing you," Hisoka commented.

 

"Hisoka," Maria scolded smacking him on the arm. Hisoka glared at her but sighed as he heard chuckling from Hijiri's direction. At least he's feeling better.

 

------------------------------

 

Tsuzuki was thinking. He got up as soon as he heard the apartment door close. He knew that Hijiri went somewhere. Maybe to that doctor's place. The information falling from the conversation from the phone didn't leave his thoughts. He picked up the phone deciding to call the doctor and see what information he could find. In all these five years he'd known Hijiri he didn't know one single thing about him. He waited for an answer.

 

'Hello?' the other line asked.

 

"Yes, hi, this is Hijiri. I was wondering why you haven't called yet about those shipments," Tsuzuki did his best to imitate. It seemed to work.

 

'Oh, I meant to call you. The shipments were ambushed by a bunch of others. It was a mass murder. Do you think you could find another source? I'm sure there're other people willing.'

 

"Yes, thank you."

 

'If you say so. Don't go crazy otherwise they'll be after you.'

 

Tsuzuki hung up. That was useless but useful at the same time. Now he wondered where Hijiri would've gone had he just ran out a few minutes ago. Maybe a doctor or maybe… The flower shop with Watari and Hisoka. He immediately dashed out of the house and into the streets.

 

------------------------------

 

Oriya was examining the council. Apparently only one of them knew that he had a vampire working in his district. And it was the council leader. That was no coincidence that his hunter had to have been blamed for something. Otherwise someone gave the members a tip-off, which isn't good. The council leader stared at him with a look 'it's not my fault'. Oriya just silently agreed. He knew it was someone else. Muraki was looking around for it.

 

------------------------------

 

They all froze as the door was barricaded open. Then let out a sigh of relief as they saw that it was only Tsuzuki. Watari surveyed the mess of the door. Looks like he'd have to make one. The details are so hard to put in.

 

Tsuzuki looked around and saw that Watari could be surrounded by three vampires. He can't admit that Hijiri was not one but there was no proof. It really is making this a lot more difficult. Maybe he could ask his shikigamis. They usually know everything. Hijiri didn't know about them. He gave them a small smile. He felt really small at their gazes. He apologized profusely for the door since he was such in a rush that he didn't bother to pound or knock on it. Watari forgave him and they offered him a seat. There was a tense silence in the room. No one was willing to break it.

 

------------------------------

 

Muraki was in his office researching. It was only for the vampires who had been against him in most reigns, the ones he hasn't killed yet of course. None of them seemed to add up until his eyes landed on one.

 

Kasenagi Shiki.

 

'Well, well, this seems to get interesting,' he thought then printed out the profile while preparing everything what was to come. After all Kasenagi is just as powerful as he is and he needed to throw everything at him the best he could while protecting other people in the process. Especially…someone very important to him. Gathering his things and the printout he teleported back to Nagasaki.

 

------------------------------

 

Kasanagi wandered around the city of Nagasaki. Well what a coincidence, he found the vampire he was looking for. Sure enough he had to cause some disturbance in the area to draw his prey out. Hmm…now what to do? He glanced around at the walking food that he could snatch at anytime. Grabbing the first thing next to him…he immediately drained the life out of his feed. Soon he set out for more. After all he was hungry.

 

------------------------------

 

Hisoka went out walking. Apparently Tatsumi just came in and said that there was some other disturbance. About fifty people were just brutally murdered, drained of blood, in just Nagasaki. It hasn't moved out of the city since. He would've stayed but he decided to help out since he wished to not be on the hit list.

 

He stumbled back a bit as he bumped into someone.

 

"Hijiri what are you doing here?" Hisoka said surprised.

 

"I was just helping out. Don't tell Tsuzuki," Hijiri pleaded. Hisoka just sighed and they both went hunting around.

 

So far there wasn't anything of importance leading to the case. They all met at their desired meeting place. The park. Tsuzuki bombarded Hijiri with questions of worry adding up to 'what are you doing here'. Hijiri calmly added that he was doing fine and that he wasn't going to be in the way. Tsuzuki seemed to buy it and calmed down a bit. Surprisingly Muraki was there as they bumped into him when they went out hunting.

 

They were discussing important facts being discovered by Muraki and told them about Kasanagi.

 

Kasanagi was a familiar name to Hisoka. He'd heard it somewhere before but he just couldn't remember. When he heard Hijiri gasp at the mere mention of the name, he knew that Hijiri knew who it was. Pulling him aside he just had to ask. He dragged them into the row of trees where Muraki would be the only one to hear the conversation.

 

"Who's this Kasanagi?" Hisoka asked.

 

"You don't know?" Hijiri responded, Hisoka shook his head, "Well he's like Muraki-sama, and as powerful too."

 

"Oh."

 

"Yes, oh. Though I'm very surprised that you're still alive." A cold voice from behind them said. The twins backed off as they sensed strong energy from the vampire. The vampire had very dark hair that was short with deep midnight blue eyes.

 

"Kasanagi," Hijiri hissed out in contempt while pushing Hisoka behind him. He was confused by this reaction.

 

"Step aside Minase, this isn't your business."

 

Hijiri didn't budge an inch.

 

"Fine, have it your way."

 

Kasanagi disappeared and Hijiri stayed close to a confused Hisoka, who was totally clueless. Hijiri grabbed Hisoka's wrist and ran, as he couldn't sense the elder vampire around. He ran towards the group but wasn't able to make it there in time as he was frozen no the spot, Hisoka along with him.

 

"Hijiri what the hell is going on?" Hisoka asked thankful that he could still speak.

 

"I'll explain later or rather Muraki-sama will. Could you yell for him?" Hijiri asked.

 

"You can't?"

 

"No." Hisoka took a deep breath and was about to shout until a hand covered his mouth silencing him. He felt some sting at the back of his neck and soon he started to fall into unconsciousness as everything went black. Kasanagi caught him in his arms while carrying him bridal style. He leaned next to Hijiri's ear.

 

"Tell this to Muraki. If he ever steals one of my pets again I wouldn't hesitate as I did that last time."

 

TBC-------------------------

 

Kinshin: Yes, I know another sucky chapter. Though I still wonder why I'm still continuing this. I'm still doing bad aren't I? Well I'm working on revision of this story, since I think it really needs it. Ah oh well, thanks for your visits!

 

Like it? Review! NO FLAMESS!!!!!!!