Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ In Jaden's Shadow ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In Jaden's Shadow

Chapter One

By KellyQ

A small boy with blue hair and silver eyes looked up to see a tall young woman. She had sandy brown hair, rich brown eyes, and had on a uniform.

The young woman went by the name of Alexis.

"Good morning, Syrus," she greeted him, with a smile.

The young boy looked at what was in her hand, medications. Syrus looked away ...

Syrus looked at the clock and narrowed his eyes. Where is he? The blue haired boy looked back at the table full of food, that he made for his aibou. Syrus was so deep in thought he didn't hear some a thumping sound. He blinked a few times and realize that someone was at the door.

"Is that you, Jaden ...?"

"Syrus ... are you alright?" Alexis asked, snapping the blue haired boy out of his painful memory. She sighed when Syrus only gave her an empty look. "I'm going to leave your medications right here ..."

Alexis put the pill and cup on the counter. She took one look at him before walking out, to see Zane standing there. They both looked at each other, and Alexis shook her head.

"He's still refusing to talk. I'm really worried."

Zane sighed and rubbed his head, feeling a head-ache coming on. "I don't think this is working ... he's been here for quite some time ... and I'm starting to think of bringing him home ..."

Alexis' eyes widened. "You know that will cause damage ...."

Zane groaned and rubbed his eyes with his hands. "I don't know what else to do ..."

The blonde haired girl stepped up, and pulled her koi into a reassuring embrace. "We'll find a way to bring Syrus back ..."


"You failed yet another psychdogy assignment, Johan," the teacher groaned.

The student flinched. He had bright green eyes, really dark green hair, a white blouse, and the rest of what he was wearing was white.

Johan groaned. "You mean I have to redo the whole thing?"

The teacher sighed. "That's one option, or you can go to the Duel Mental Hospital. I have someone in mind. His name is Syrus Trusedale ..."

"Wait. Back up. Did you just say Syrus?"

The teacher frowned. "Yeah ... do you know him?"

Johan shook his head, as his expression darkened. "I knew his aibou - Jaden Yuki ..." he paused before making his final decision. "I have no problem with that. When is the assignment due?"

The teacher blinked. "In four weeks ..."

Johan nodded his head. "Alright. When do I start on this assignment?"

"Tomorrow ... and don't fail this time or you'll have to repeat the class – again."

Johan laughed nervously, and scratched the back of his head. That was the last thing he wanted to do.

The teacher sighed. "You're my top student, Johan, and I hate to fail you from this class ..."

"Right," Johan sighed. He got up and walked out.


Once he was outside the room, he leaned against the door. So something did happen, Johan thought darkly. I'll help Syrus any way I can, because I know Jaden wouldn't want anything to happen to him. At that moment of thought, Johan felt something - something that he couldn't quite place.

Johan smiled and walked down the hallway. This should be interesting. Jaden said that Syrus had an attractive personality ...

Johan looked up to see his friend had a glint of passion in his eyes. This caused Johan to smirk.

"So. Who's the lucky man ...?" Johan taunted. Jaden flinched. How did he know? Johan smirked again, and snickered. "I know you very well, Jaden. So – who is it?"

"Syrus," Jaden said flat out.

Johan gasped. "You mean that cute short kid with light blue hair, and gray eyes?" There was a pause, as Johan's expression softened. "Aww. You're luckily ..."

Jaden beamed. "Jealous?" He teased.

Johan pouted. "Maybe - just a little ..."

Jaden chuckled, turned and gave his best friend a peace sign ...

When I saw that look in your eyes, I knew that you loved Syrus and nothing was going to change. Johan let out a sigh. Now that Jaden is gone - he blinked a few times when he realized that he was at his locker.

Once Johan had opened his locker, he looked at a picture of him and Jaden. Johan smiled sadly. You were always the light for everyone, he thought. The green eyed boy sighed, and started to pack his stuff for home.


You were always the light ... and I'll find a way to be with you. Just give me a little more time, Syrus thought. He was looking at the only picture of his Aibou that he had left.

He smiled. "People may think you're dead, but I know you're not ... one of these days we'll be together, and then - we'll be happy ... good-night ... my aibou ..." with that said, Syrus put the picture under his pillow, and snuggled into the sheets - not even realizing that Zane was keeping an eye on him ....

There has to be something our someone who can help him see that Jaden is gone, Zane thought. And there is only one way ... Syrus' older brother turned and walked away. I just hope I'm not going to regret this.

By now Zane was on his way to talk to Jaden's parents, and get a list of friends that could help.

To Be Continued ...