Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ In Jaden's Shadow ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In Jaden's Shadow

Chapter Two

By KellyQ

"What's going on ...?" Jaden frowned. He walked to Syrus' bed to see him still sleeping peacefully. The brown haired boy smiled at his koi, and sat down to watch Syrus.

It wasn't long before Syrus started to shift under the covers, and moaned in discomfort. Jaden leaned in and moved some hair out of his koi's face, just as Syrus slowly opened his eyes.

"Jay ...?"

"How are you feeling?"

"A little better ..."

Jaden bent down and kissed his koi. "That's good. I was getting worried ..." the brown haired boy murmured...

Syrus opened his eyes and the first person he saw was Alexis. She sat across from him. "How are you feeling?"

The blue haired boy just turned his head, not giving her eye contact. Syrus didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment, he just wanted Jaden to come and get him out of this awful place.

"When you do get out of bed ... come join the others ... today is visiting day ... okay?"

All Syrus did was gave a light nod to give that he was listening.


Syrus continued to lay there in bed, feeling nauseated. He let out a moan, and rolled to his side. After a moment of laying there, he pulled out the picture of Jaden, and placed it next to him.

"Where do you think you're going?" came a voice, from the hallway.

"I'm here to see a friend of mine. Syrus Trusedale ..."

Syrus lifted his gaze to the open door, and saw two shadows. He knew that two people were outside his door, and one of them wanted to see him.

"I'm sorry but Trusedale is not feeling well right now ..."

Syrus rolled his eyes. Of course I don't feel good ... and I wish Jaden were here with me right now ...


Johan groaned. "Look, I'm a close friend of his ... and when I heard that he was here, I wanted to make sure he was alright." Half of what he said was true, but he also had to start on his paper too.

"Let him come in ..."

Johan turned to see Syrus step out of his room with a groggy look on his face. They both looked at each other for a moment.

Syrus blinked a few times. "J - Jaden is that you?"

Before Johan knew what was really going on, Syrus jumped into his arms, and held him close. It wasn't long before Johan's shoulder was damp with tears.

"I - I knew you weren't dead ... I knew you would find me ..."

Grief shot through Johan. He ... he thinks I'm Jaden ... might as well play along ... for now ... "Sorry it took me a while to find you ..."

Syrus held Johan closer. "That's okay ..."

They stayed like that for a moment until Syrus started to moan.

"How about I lay you back down ..." Johan offered.

The blue haired boy moaned again, this time in disappointment. "Why can't you take me home ..."

Johan laid Syrus down in bed, and pulled the covers up. "You need to get better, then I'll see what I can do about bringing you home."

Syrus smiled. "Okay. But can you stay for a little while," he asked innocently. "I missed you so much ..."

Johan blinked a few times, and scratched the back of his head nervously. "Sure ..."

"Thanks. That means a lot to me ..." Syrus smiled again. He closed his eyes, and for the first time in the six months since he was in the hospital, he felt happy.


Jaden bent down and kissed his koi. "That's good ... I was getting worried ..." the brown haired boy murmured.

Syrus chuckled and pulled his koi on top of him. They both laid in others arms for a moment until Jaden tried to get up.

Syrus chuckled again, and gently wrapped his arms around his koi. "Sorry, Jay. But I'm not going to let you go. You're mine now, and for ever ..."

"You too ..." Jaden murmured ...


Johan smiled down at Syrus. Now I know why Jaden liked Syrus so much ... with that last thought, Johan pulled out his note book to the first page, and started to write. He didn't get far with his writing when he felt eyes on him. Johan looked up to see a tall man standing there. He had dark black hair, dark cold eyes, and he was wearing all black.

They both looked at each other for a moment ...

"Who are you?" the dark haired man finally asked.

"I'm a friend of Syrus. Who are you?"

The dark haired man narrowed his eyes. "Zane. Zane Trusedale. Now tell me who are before I ..."

"Big brother ..."

They both looked to see that Syrus was awake and giving Zane a confused looked.

"What's going on?"

Zane gave one last skeptical look at Johan before he walked out. I better be careful ... he almost blew my cover, Johan thought.

To Be Continued ...