Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ In Jaden's Shadow ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In Jaden's Shadow

Chapter Three

By Kellyq

 

I just had my first day with Syrus, and I feel bad for him. He even mistaken me for Jaden ... not that I have a problem with that - If I'm going to help him, I need more info ...

Johan looked up from his note book, and tapped the end of his pen to his chin. He sat there for a few moments, but nothing came to mind.

He growled, "This sucks!"

This was going to be harder than he thought. Getting in to see Syrus was easy, but finding out what happened to Jaden was going to be the hard part.

Johan closed his eyes, trying to remember anything that would help him. After a moment, nothing came to him. He wasn't even acting weird that day. He opened his eyes again and frowned.

He was so deep in thought he didn't realize that the door had opened, and a dark tan hand slammed down on his binder. Johan didn't flinch or move. He knew who was right at his side - his foster dad - Cobra.

"Where were you?" The man asked.

The tension between the two was heavy.

"I went to take care of a few things," Johan explained. He wanted to yank the binder from Cobra's hand, and close it so he couldn't see what was really going on.

It was already to late for that. Cobra looked down at the note book, and saw a date. Johan stayed still as Cobra reach for the item.

"Why, I hope I'm not to late," came a voice, with a foreign accent.

The tension dropped somewhat when Cobra turned his head to see another young man standing there. He was dressed like he was from the out-back. His visible eye looked mischeivious, while the other half of his face was bandaged up.

This young man went by the name of Jim.


"Be careful next time, mate!" Jim scowled.

Johan scratched the back of his head nervously, and chuckled. "My bad ..."

Jim sighed. "Look mate. You know I can only do so much before he finds out what your up to ..."

"I know that, and I appreciate it when you help me."

Jim grinned. "Anything to help a mate out! So. What did you fail on anyways?"

Johan sighed. "Psychdogy. The teacher said I can take this new assignment ..."

"And what's that, mate?"

"I'm to study a person at the Duel Mental Hospital," Johan explained.

Jim blinked in shock. "Wow. That's crazy stuff, mate. Who's the person?"

"Syrus Trusedale -"

Jim's eye widened, then it showed confusion. "Now why would the little tiger be there?" Jim waited for Johan to answer, but after a moment realization sank in, and Jim's expression changed again - this time in slight horror. "You mean ..." Jim's voice faded when Johan nodded his head darkly. "Oh ... I'm sorry mate. I know Jaden was like a koi to you ..."

Johan put his hand up to gesture for Jim to stop. He didn't want to go there and express how he felt about that.

Jim sighed. "Sorry about that mate. I know you don't want people to bring that up, but what are we going to do?"

Johan shook his head. "The only way we can find out, is through Syrus, and right now he thinks I'm Jaden ..."

"I know where you are going with this mate, but you know that Syrus is like a fragile Crocodile egg. If you damage the egg, the crocodile will die - but you know what I mean by that," Jim tried to reason.

Johan got up and walked over to the barred window, to see that it was raining. Jim watched his foster brother's expression through the glass.

Jim sighed. "Alright, mate. We'll do it your way, but I'm just warning you to be careful."


Alexis walked into the office to see Zane looking through the guest book. "Who are you looking for?"

"Did Sy say anything about having someone come and see him?" Zane asked.

The blonde girl looked thoughtful. "No. I've been trying to get Chazz to stop being a pervert."

A slight smirk showed on Zane's face. "I see ..." his voice trailed off, as he went back to looking through the book.

Alexis watched him for a moment. She walked up, and looked over the names with him. After a moment, Alexis saw a name that looked familiar to her. Zane averted his gaze to see what she was looking at. The name Johan was written on there, but no last name. Zane narrowed his eyes. Now where did he hear that name before?

"Would you like me to talk to Syrus?" Alexis asked, snapping Zane out of his thought.

The dark haired boy shook his head. "Sy will deny what he saw, and I want you to watch out for this Johan person. I got a feeling he's going to do more harm than good."

Alexis nodded her head, knowing better than to voice her own opinion about his choice.


Syrus looked out the window, to see that the night sky was clear, and stars were bright. He couldn't help feeling that things were going to get better. Now that they had found each other, the next step was to get out of here. Syrus knew that wasn't going to be easy, considering that his brother put him in the awful place. You do hate me that much, Syrus thought bitterly. He didn't understand why Zane was so mean to him. Did he do something wrong? Syrus sighed and went back into bed, and curled up into the warm covers.

To Be Continued ...