Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ In Jaden's Shadow ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In Jaden's Shadow

Chapter Four

By KellyQ

 

Johan sat not far from Syrus, who was at the moment sipping small bits of his soup. It has been three days, and Syrus was starting to get really nervous. Why was his koi coming over and just writing, and not saying anything?

"Uh - Jaden," he finally asked, "why do you come and do your homework here? Can't you do that at home and spend time with me."

Johan looked up. "I'm sorry. I guess I haven't been good company. I just been busy with this project about human behavior."

Syrus raised a brow. "Jaden. You hate homework," he pointed out.

Johan laughed nervously. "Well, I've been gone for quite a while... I might as well catch up."

The blue haired boy nodded his head. "If you want, I can help you with that. You can use me as a specimen considering that people think I'm crazy."

Johan looked sympathetically at Jaden's koi. "Who ever put you in here doesn't think you'll get better, but we'll find a way out."

Syrus' face lit up, and with what little strength he had, he jumped into Johan's arms; the soup knocked onto the floor. "I don't care," came Syrus' muffled voice from Johan's chest. "As long as I'm with you."

Johan sighed and looked at the mess on the floor. "I'll get you another bowl."

"I'm not that hungry, Jay," Syrus admitted. He pulled out of Johan's arms and lay back down.

"Sy, you haven't eaten anything in the past three days, and the last thing I want is to see you in the hospital." Johan blinked a few times after he said that, it was like someone was speaking through him.

Syrus chewed on his lower lip, and lowered his head. "I know we've been together for quite awhile, but you know my health wont get any better ..."

Johan looked sadly at Jaden's koi, and reached out to stroke Syrus' cheek. "Would you eat if I fed you?"

Syrus shook his head. "I'm not really that hungry, but I am thirsty."

Johan nodded his head. He pulled the covers up, and walked out. He didn't get far though, standing not too far away was Zane. The temperature in the hallway dropped, and the vibes changed as well.

"My little brother doesn't need you to fill his head with crap, Jaden - or shall I say Johan."

At first, the green eyed teen was shocked, but he quickly recovered and Johan smirked. "What of it?" he challenged. "Oh. I see," Johan taunted. "You must be Zane - Syrus' big brother ..."

The older Trusedale didn't respond to what was thrown at him. He was used to being seen as the big bad brother in everyone eyes. Zane looked skeptical. "You just stay away from my little brother. You'll just make it worse."

Johan's eyes hardened and he glared at Zane. "I would never do that to Syrus! I'm here to help him, not make it worse - and give me a chance. I might be able to bring him back. That's what you want isn't it?"

Zane looked at Johan, and for the first time he understood why Syrus mistook Johan to be his dead koi - there was a little of Jaden in him. "What do you think you can accomplish that no one else has?"

"Support."

Zane closed his eyes. "I see. But you do realize that he's just hanging on because he thinks that Jaden is alive."

"You can believe whatever you want. But I'm not going to give up ...!" Johan growled. He couldn't stop glaring at Syrus' brother.

"You can try, but it won't get you anywhere. Jaden tried and look where it lead him." With no other harsh comment, Zane walked away. He didn't get far when Johan spoke in a bitter voice.

"I don't see how Jaden respected you. You're low ..."

Zane stopped. For an instant, Johan thought he got the older teen's attention. There was a moment of silence before Zane responded. "You're no different than I am."

Johan glared back, he wasn't going to let Zane get the upper hand in the situation.


"I always cause trouble," Syrus sighed.

He didn't like the fact that his brother and his koi were fighting. Syrus couldn't hear what they were saying, but the vibes were enough to tell him that it wasn't good.

"That's not true and you know it," Johan said. He walked in and handed the cup of water to Syrus.

The young teen looked down at his reflection. There wasn't much to see - big gray eyes, blue hair, and small round glasses. Johan watched Syrus for a moment. Jaden tried and look where it lead him, he remembered.

Syrus finally looked up. "Jay, what did my brother say?" He asked, snapping Johan out of this reverie.

They both looked at each other for a moment. Johan smiled, and pulled the covers up. "Your brother was just being rude. Now get some rest, I'll come back tomorrow."

Syrus nodded his head, took hold of Johan and pulled him down to kiss him. Johan stiffened for a moment - his mind going blank. After a moment, Johan finally was able to pull away. They both looked at each other again before Johan walked out.

"Jay ...?" Syrus murmured in confusion.

Something didn't feel right when their lips met. It pained Syrus, because it was like there was nothing there.

To Be Continued ....