Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Dreams ❯ One Step Forward ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Lost Dreams

By Sailor Cherry Star

Disclaimer : I do not own any of the characters . I only own Nightmare, Jade ,and the shadow minions .

/..../yugi to yami

//....// yami to yugi

'...' thoughts

------scene change

Chapter 3 : One Step Forward

Yugi sat at a dinner table . The room he was in was as elegant as the others .Sakura was sitting across from Yugi and Yami and

Eriol was sitting at the head of the table .

" This food tastes so good ." Little Yugi exclaimed as he ate a peice of cake .

" Eriol was the one who baked it .He's really good at making cakes . My specialty is pancakes ." Sakura said .

"Yugi? Have you been in the garden downtown ?" Eriol asked .

" No , why?" Yugi said turning to Eriol .

" Well Sakura is planning to go there tomorrow and seeing I can't go and Nakura can't either , why don't you come along with her?" Eriol asked," That is if Sugoroku will let .tomorrow the storm is supposed to clear and it's the best day to go to the gardens since the rain water made the flowers fresh ."

" Really? Can I? I'm sure he won't mind . " Yugi said happily .

" I'll go call him and we can arrange it .Excuse me ." Eriol said as he stood up and went to the telephone .

" This is so great ." Yugi exclaimed . Then he turned to Yami ," You'll come along too , won't you?"

" Can I refuse if I'm not interested?" Yami asked .

" You can't refuse." Sakura stated ," Don't you know that it's hard to refuse a little kid . They have power of cuteness with them that's why it's hard to resist a little kid who's pure and innocent ."

Yugi gave Sakura a grateful smile and Yami gave her a strange look . The teenage pharaoh looked back at Yugi who looked up at him with a cute pleading face .Sakura giggled at his cuteness.

" I'll go with you only because I'm your gaurdian ." Yami said .

" Great , I'll pick you up tomorrow morning ."Sakura said smiling her charming smile .

" Sugoroku said yes Yugi you can come along with Sakura ." Eriol said as he stepped into the room .

-----------------

Yugi and Yami stepped outside of the mansion . It was now dark out and still raining .

Yugi looked up at Sakura .

" Can you also walk home with me? I want Sugoroku to meet you and Yami isn't much company ." Yugi asked .

"Well ." Sakura looked at Eriol ," Can I?"

Eriol nodded yes .

" Yay !" Yugi shouted and hugged Sakura .Over the past few hours he spent with her he had gotten to really like the teenage girl . He felt a strong connection with her just like he felt with Yami .

Yami walked with Yugi's umberella while Yugi stayed close to Sakura . They talked the whole way about where Sakura was from and her family . Yugi found out she's staying with her relative Eriol until she finishes high school and then she's moving back to Japan .

Time flew by for them and soon they were at the Turtle Game Shop . They entered to see Sugoroku waiting for Yugi at the counter .

" I'm back Sugorku ." Yugi said running over to him as if he was chased by a monster .

" Just call me granpa ." Sugoroku said ." I'm much more used to that ."

" Okay grandpa . " Yugi smiled ," I'd like you to meet my new friend , Miss Sakura Kinomoto ."

" Nice to meet you . " Sugoroku said ," You're the one that's taking Yugi to the downtown gardens ."

"Yes .Well it was nice meeting you . I have to get going ." Sakura said as she bowed and went for the entrance then said over her shoulder ." I'll pick you up at 8:00 AM."

------------------

The next day , Yugi was sleeping peacfully and Yami was downstairs watching how Sugoroku made breakfast trying to learn himself .

Sugoroku finished making breakfast and looked at the clock . It read 7:45 .

" Yami you better wake up little Yugi . Sakura will be here in 15 minutes ." Sugoroku said as Yami nodded and headed to Yugi's room .

//Yugi . Wake up . Sakura will be here anytime soon .//

When he got no answer he shook Yugi a little and spoke " Wake up Yugi . It's almost 8:00 already ."

Yugi stirred a little and opened his eyes and yawned .

" You better get ready . " Yami said as Yugi sat up . He turned and left the room .

A couple minutes later Yugi walked in wearing a black t-shirt and jeans .

" Morning grandpa ." Yugi said as he sat down on a chair and started eating his breakfast .By the time Yugi finished breakfast it was 8:10 AM .

Yugi dragged Yami to the game shop to see if Sakura was there , but she wasn't .

" Where could she be ?" Yugi wondered . As soon as he said that Sakura opened the doors to the game shop . She was panting and looked like she ran all the way here .she was wearing a blue sweater and a white mini skirt . She also had a white backpack with golden wings .

" Sorry...I'm..late.." She said between gasps for air . As soon as she caught her breath she said ," Sorry I'm late , but I slept in ."

Yami sweatdropped .' Looks like Yugi is not the only one who sleeps in.'

" Slept in huh?" Sugoroku said chuckling as he came in ." Little Yugi almost slept in too only if Yami wouldn't have woke him up ."

" Let's go . I can't wait ." Yugi said as he grabbed Sakura and Yami's arms and pulled them out of the shop .

------------------

Sakura and Yugi were happily walking to the downtown gardens while Yami had his hands in his pockets . He was looking at all the different things that had changed over the past 3,000 years .

" Why did you bring a backpack ?" Yugi asked as he merrily skipped by her .

" It's for the picnic I was planning ." She replied .

" Oh Wow a picnic . It sounds like fun ."Yugi said . Then he turned to look forward ," How much further is it ? I can't wait ."

" Just a few more minutes . Yami why are you looking so strangely at everything ?" Sakura asked noting that Yami was acting a little strange . Yami was taken by surprise by this question and started thinking of an explanation .Both teenagers stopped .

" Well ...I....uh....." Yami was stuttering and blushing, but was cut of by Sakura .

" I don't want to make you uncomfortable so just forget I asked okay ." Sakura said worried she might have said something wrong .

Yami just nodded while blushing .

" Hurry up !!" Yami and Sakura looked ahead to see Yugi ahead of them .

Yami and Sakura quickly ran to catch up with him .

----------------------

When they got to the gardens Yugi started pulling Sakura and Yami along to see the different types of flowers .

" What kind are those Miss Sakura ?" Yugi said pointing to a small bunch of violet-purplish flowers , " Somehow they bring back memories of my home ."

Sakura gave little Yugi a question look about the last part then looked to see which flowers he was pointing at .

" Forget-me-nots ." Sakura said as she found the flowers ," They stand for true love . Mostly they live up to their names .Eriol has a bunch of those in his garden."

" Where could I have seen those before?" Yugi asked as looked at the fimiliar flowers . He then spotted a little park with swings and a playground . He smiled his usual childish smile as he pulled Yami and Sakura along .He went playing on the playground as Sakura sat down on one of the swings .

" Yami , why don't you come over and sit on one of the swings? You can't just stand there all day ." Sakura asked .

" Fine." Yami said as he walked over to one of the swings , only one away from Sakura .They watched Yugi play on the playground happily .

" He's so energetic , kind of like when I was a little kid . " Sakura said .

Yami looked at Yugi who was still happily playing ." I only met him a few days ago and already feel a strong connection to him . I'm already starting to like the kid ."

" Who does he mostly take after, his mom or dad?. I mean the energatic and always happy side." Sakura asked .

"I don't know his parents and he doesn't remember them .I only became his protector a few days ago ." Yami answered ,

" He's trying to find his mom and dad here ."

" He doesn't even know his parents . That's awful . I wish I could help . " Sakura said looking at Yugi .

Yami merely nodded .

" I don't know anything about you only your name and that your Yugi's gaurdian ." Sakura said looking at Yami ," I'm not really trying to change the subject , but it seems like we don't know anything about each other."

Yami looked at her not knowing what to say about himself .He couldn't say he was a pharaoh in Ancient Egypt .

"Well" Yami began taking a pause trying to think something ," My real name is Yu-Gi-Oh and Yami is just a nickname .

Yu-Gi-Oh means King of Games ,which i am . Lastly I'm from Egypt . I don't really know what say about myself .How about you tell me about yourself." Yami said trying to change the subject from himself .

"Well I'm 16 years old and I go to Domino High School . My favorite subjects are P.E and music ." Sakura began .

Yugi looked at Sakura and Yami from on top of the playground . 'They seem to be getting along .Why is it such a big deal to me to make them be together.' Yugi wondered as he watched Sakura start to tell Yami about herself .

Yugi slid down the slide and started running up to them and called their names . The two teenagers looked up at him from their conversation . Yugi sat down on the swing between them .

" Thanks for letting me come with you today ." He said happily to Sakura who smiled in return .

" We still have a picnic for lunch . Come on ." Sakura said as she stood up from the swing with little Yugi and Yami .

A:N I'll just leave it there . I already have a good idea for the next chapter and I'll update it as soon as possible .Please R&R.