Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Vampires Surround Me ❯ Turning Over ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N. Yay!!! One review so one more chapter. Here's to Malik's Girl1125! My first reviewer and hopefully not the last. Review people. It means a lot if I know you love the story. `Kay, that's it.

************************************************

Then, over the next two years I found myself becoming attracted to Malik. And I was sure Malik was becoming attracted to me. The night of my 16th birthday I begged Malik to turn me or `awaken' me as some people call it. He agreed and that night I found out what it was like to be dead. To listen as your heart stops unwillingly, to not have to breathe, to feel…well, alive but you're really not; those are the worst goddamn feelings in the world. I'm not saying I'd take it back because I would never. But let me tell the ones who want to `awaken,' it ain't fun. Ever hear how vampires can make it either pleasure or pain? All a bunch of bullshit! It's only pain for those guys. I had Malik on his hands and knees apologizing for 4 days. Not like I told him to or anything; he just felt sad that he had to hurt his beloved.

After I turned to the darkness, I no longer had to endure my Mama's pea soup. Instead, late at night, I hung around outside the pub and drank dry the first unfortunate drunken lout who hit on me. Nobody really missed them. The authorities found the bodies in the morning and assumed the guy had dropped dead from drinking too much. People back then were stupid. They never did autopsies. Didn't even know what those were. They never even inspected the body. Vampires were very safe back then. My kind could walk the streets in groups. Nowadays, you're questioned for every single thing you do.

Soon, it became easier to sneak away from the house. It was like taking candy away from a baby. It was just way too easy to get out of the house. My parents slept like logs but my older brother, Luke, and my two younger siblings, Jeffrey and Ashley, awoke at the tiniest sound. I found that out one night as I was putting on my cloak. I turned around and found all 3 standing there. Luke had his arms crossed and Jeffrey and Ashley looked sleepy. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, Ashley said, "Sister Marianna, you make too much noise." Jeffrey piped up with a question. "Where are you going at this hour, Sister Marianna?" he asked. It almost made me forget Luke was there…..almost. "That is what I'd like to know, dear sister?" Luke asked. "You all are truly nosey, you know that? I was just going for a walk." I said. "At 3 o'clock in the morning and when a monster has been attacking people down by the pub?" Luke asked. I truly feared that moment. When I looked up into Luke's eyes, my eyes were golden. Something that only happened when I was scared or feeding. And he knew, he knew in that instant exactly what I was. "How do you know about that, Brother Luke?" I asked. Trying to calm myself down. "If I want to make something of myself in this town, I gotta know something." He replied. "Sister Marianna! You can't go out!" Ashley yelled. "I can and I must." I say. "Take us with you!" little Jeffrey begs. "I'm afraid I cannot do that, little one. Maybe when you're older." I promise. Sleepy once again, Ashley and Jeffrey return upstairs. As I turn the door knob, Luke says, "Marianna.'' and grabs my wrist. I look at him puzzled. "As I thought," he says, dropping my wrist, "you are one of them. Those creatures of the night! You have no pulse! Why, Marianna? Why would you do this? You had a good life, didn't you?" "I'm sorry, Luke. I must go." I say and practically run out of the house.

End Chapter 3