Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Vampires Surround Me ❯ Meeting Malik... ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Review, review, review!

*********************************

When I am in town, I head for the alley I am to meet Malik in. But I am stopped when I hear Malik's voice. "She's coming. She'll be here any second, Seto." He says.

I realize that they mean me. "She had better, Ishtar. Or your head is mine." A voice said. The sound of something being shoved up the wall is all I heard for a second. I guessed this Seto was a tough character. That or he was really drunk. And he didn't sound the type of person to get drunk. I gathered my wits and stepped out of the shadows. "Here I am if you're looking for me." I said as bravely as I could. I didn't dare look at Seto but instead looked towards the ground.

"You have done well for yourself, Ishtar. She is not half bad." I heard Seto say. Then I dared look up. He wasn't so scary! He looked normal and wasn't some rowdy drunk man. "Who are you?" I asked, puzzlement in my eyes. Seto looked towards Malik who was still being held up to the wall by one of Seto's buddies who I later came to know as Yami. "Ah…Malik, we're friends, aren't we? And friends tell their women about the guys they hang out with, right? Tell `em how violent we are, how we love to watch the blood drip, how we can't wait to kill." Seto said. (A.N. I know, totally OOC for Seto and Malik to be so weak but I just got done watching Angel. What can you expect? I think of what Angel would say and have Seto say it.) "I…I just never got around to it. I didn't think you'd find me after I lost you that last millenium or so." Malik said. "Lost me? You never lost me. You never lose me. I'm always there. I will always know where you are." Seto said, a bit angrily.

After that, Malik had been let down and Seto motioned for us to follow him. He began walking and walking and walking till he had come to the edge of the village. "Our time has come," he began," we must leave this village to rot like the hellhole it is. But where should we be off to?" Malik and I shared a look and it was understood. We were for Egypt as soon as we could run. "Ah, our two little lovers seem to know of a place. Where shall it be?" Seto asked, looking me in the eyes. Instead of answering, I diverted the conversation back to something he had said. "What does `our little lovers' mean? Since when did I become yours? And when did I become the group's? What do I look like, some sort of whore?!" I practically screamed. Seto and some of the others smirked. Seto leaned in closer to say something when Yami slithered up to me seductively and interrupted. "Well, you could be, if you want." He said with a wink. The look on Seto's face could've killed Yami on the spot. When Yami looked up, he quickly scurried back to where he had been talking to Joey, an orphan everybody believed died a couple of years back. I could tell that Joey recognized me too.

***********************************