Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ "Loveless" ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

"Loveless"

By: Enkidu

Ooh, thanks for the replies. Anywho, last chapter was angsty. Don't know what's going to happen in the second chapter. Still Yami Malik/Malik. Mentions of Bakura/Ryou.

Warnings: Some OOC. Angst.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 2

Warm. It felt so warm. His body was obviously submerged partially in warm water, and he didn't know why. His vision was very blurry as he tried to observe his surroundings. What had happened to him? He felt frightened all of the sudden.

He searched around blindly, trying to get a hold of something. Anything. His hand slid across something cold and hard, which he could only discern was the edge of the tub he was currently soaking in. Some semblance of his vision began to return, and he observed the tight white bandages wrapped around his arms. Had he passed out? Had he fallen asleep? What had happened to him? All he could remember was slicing open his arms, bleeding massively onto his formerly white carpets.

Now, he was in a tub. His tub. And, he wasn't home alone. Someone else was lurking nearby, and it wasn't Isis. Malik tried to stand up, but his legs refused to move. His entire body felt weak and numb. His voice had eluded him as he tried to call out. Panic swam through his body as he tried to run, walk, or scream. His current immobility was beyond worrisome.

"You're awake," a voice deadpanned from the doorway of the bathroom.

Malik turned his eyes alarmingly to the body of his savior. As soon as he did, he had desperately wished he hadn't. Standing there gazing at him was his own dark shadow. His arms were crossed, and his eyes were set into a piercing glare.

/What is the dark spirit so angry at?/ Malik thought. /Oh yeah. I forgot/ He looked tiredly down at his bandages wondering how the yami even knew how to expertly wrap bandages around his wounds.

"Such foolishness. I expected more from you, Malik. Instead, you decide you want to end your life. Such a pathetic sacrifice, you pitiful ingrate," Yami Malik hissed.

Malik shut his eyes guiltily, trying to suppress the urge to sob. The verbal abuse and the irritation dancing up and down his arms were more than he could handle at the moment.Yami Malik growled and grabbed Malik's chin roughly, making him look up at him.

"What were you trying to prove with this little theatric?" Yami Malik asked, narrowing his eyes to mere slits.

The Egyptian boy lacked the ability to answer. He felt so weak. His body just wanted to collapse bonelessly, never rising to move again. Why couldn't his Yami take pity on him and leave him alone? Luckily, he was too tired to care if he was beaten, abused, or raped. Suddenly, his pride didn't matter much to him anymore. Malik's eyes slowly drifted shut, and his upper body fell heavily to the water, dunking his head below the surface.

Yami Malik sighed heavily before lifting his hikari's head out of the water, followed by the rest of the boy's frail body. He carried the boy and placed him gently on the bed, wrapping the shivering body with a few blankets.

"You, Malik. Only you can save my soul," the dark spirit whispered, silently lying down next to his hikari.

A few hours passed while Yami Malik watched his hikari sleeping peacefully. That is, until the boy started sobbing and whimpering. Yami Malik's eyes widened slightly as he turned to look at his hikari. He was tossing and turning, tightly gripping the sheets. Yami Malik smoothed away the boy's sweaty forehead and tried to create a link to his mind. All he saw were images of the boy's father lying mangled on the ground in a pool of blood. Then, there was a flash of Bakura telling him he didn't love him followed by Yami Malik himself laughing darkly.

Yami Malik pulled back and scowled. He shook Malik hard, trying to get the boy to wake. The Egyptian boy widened his eyes as a tear fell freely in a silent trail down his cheek. Yami Malik shook his head lightly and wiped the remnants of the tear away. "I can't believe you fell for that tomb robber," he muttered in annoyance.

Malik glared at his darker half. "I did not fall for him! He's in love with Ryou. Why would I need a guy like him?" He sneered.

Yami Malik remained stationary as he crossed his arms over his chest. "You're not the first one he's hurt," he whispered darkly. "We were lovers once, too. But, he is a fickle-minded fool."

"I think he really does love Ryou," Malik said softly, fisting some of the bed sheets in his hands.

"Most likely. Doesn't mean you have to spend the rest of your short life pathetically mourning his lost. It makes me sick to see you like this. A weakling. That's what you are. You allow yourself to be dominated so easily." Yami Malik got up off the bed and walked towards the Millenium Rod, feeling the cool, familiar metal under his skin once again.

Another tear slid from Malik's eyes."Why?" he whispered.

Yami Malik raised an eyebrow towards his hikari. "Why what?"

Malik slammed his fist into the bed, looking up to glare at his yami. "Why are you ruining my life!?! I've done nothing to you!!! I've done nothing to deserve this!!"

The Millenium Rod fell limply from Yami Malik's eyes as he stared at his lighter half in shock. "Is that what you think I'm doing? Ruining your life?" Yami Malik asked in wonderment, slowly loosing his self-control.

"Isn't it?" Malik shot back vehemently.

Yami Malik shook his head regretfully. "No, it isn't," his voice broke slightly. "I never meant to hurt you."

Malik gave an indignant snort and crossed his arms in anger."Then why do you end up hurting me, anyways?"

Yami Malik's eyes slid close. "I-I-I...I don't know." He flickered away quickly, merging once again into Malik. The Egyptian boy sighed in annoyance refusing to let himself feel anymore pain. He didn't understand his Yami. No, he didn't understand him at all, and now, he was alone again.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

There. Another chapter done. Tell me what you think. Anyone interested in more? Plz review!!!