Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ "Loveless" ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

"Loveless"

By: Enkidu

Pairings: Yami Malik/Malik, Malik/Bakura implications, Bakura/Ryou implications.

So, it continues...uh, thanks for anyone who reviewed. I'm giving you the gift of more chapters. And, don't worry Dani, you'll get your fluff...

Warnings: Yaoi. OOC.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 3

Loneliness. Malik felt alone again. His Yami had disappeared without an explanation. Bakura had fallen in love with another. His sister had gone back to Egypt. He was alone. He refused to feel sorry for himself, but every time he looked around, there was nothing in his sight but haunting memories, mocking him. Sleep held no sanctuary, for his dreams were plagued with nightmares.

Enough. He had enough. He was simply tired with the world. He didn't want to live such an empty meaningless life. What good is life without love? The boy let out a bitter laugh as he absent-mindedly played with his bandages.

"How utterly appropriate that the fiend shall die alone?" he whispered in despair.

His eyes slid close as he rose from his bed quietly. His thoughts swam around endlessly in some poor attempt to grasp the situation. The only solution he had was to let it all go. Let the wind blow away his tears. He walked slowly to where the Millenium Rod was deserted, and he picked up the artifact, letting the metal slid dispassionately between his fingers. He no longer held the admiration and dependency he had on the dark powers of the rod. Time had passed, and he grew weary of that path of life. His desire to cause evil and mischief had sunk away along with whatever feelings he thought he held for the tomb robber.

With a slight growl he held the Millenium Rod out in front of him. "This is my pain," he whispered, "This is my punishment. This is my undoing. This is what HE wanted. This is what HE'll get."

Malik gripped the rod tightly, his whole body quivering in anger and hatred. He got dressed quickly and stormed out of the apartment dejectedly. His motorcycle laid waiting for him beside the sidewalk. He mounted the vehicle and went onward to his destination in such fury, his Millenium Rod, conveniently attached to his belt.

Within minutes, he had reached his place of desire, a two-story house that seemed serene as opposed to the torrential thoughts running through Malik's mind. Years of tyranny and abuse had invaded his psyche causing a complete breakdown. The Egyptian boy looked quite insane as he ascended the doorway of the house, glaring darkly at it's absent inhabitants.

"It's all he wanted," he whispered brokenly. "He never wanted me. It was always the rod. Not me."

Tearless sobs broke through his body, shaking him to the core. He wiped his eyes furiously, and with renewed vigor, he tore the bandage from his left arm and made a small incision near the scabbed remains of his earlier ventures. The blood poured out intoxicatingly quick, and he lapped up a bit with his finger. With that same finger, he wrote the words `My Sacrifice' on the door, letting the blood slowly drizzle down to the welcome mat.

"It's alright," Malik reassured himself, "he never loved me, anyways."

With one last sigh he stabbed the Millenium Rod hard into the door, embedding it into the wood. There it remained untouched until moments after Malik took off furiously on his motorcycle, heading far out of the city.

His face was set in determination, increasing the speed of his motorcycle until he reached the far outskirts of the city. There was nothing but deadly twists and curves being ridden on by the occasional trucker or delivery van. He held the handlebars of his bike very tightly and closed his eyes.

/Take me away. Ra have mercy on me/ he prayed in his mind, resisting the urge to look ahead of him.

Unknown to the boy was the fact that there was a rather large truck, and he was headed straight towards it. He heard it's monstrous roar in his ears, but he ignored his curiosity and accelerated unafraid of the deadly consequences.

/Take me away. Ra have mercy on me/ he chanted over and over. He increased the speed once again, hitting 60 mph.

It all happened too quickly. His mind completely shut down, and the next he saw was a sea of darkness. Endless black covered the world around him, making him shiver slightly.

"Where am I?" he asked, fearing the answer. At first, he believed he was in the hall of judgment where his heart would be ripped from his body and placed on a scale.

/Is this death?/ Malik wrapped his arms tightly around his body feeling an eerie cold wind sweep through his body.

The feeling grew in strength, causing shivers to turn into spasms making his body convulse into different positions. The darkness began to spin faster and faster before Malik lost himself to the vertigo and fell to the dark floor, slamming into it hard. The earth seemed to shake briefly bringing forth a blinding light that hit the Egyptian boy like an arrow straight through his eyes. The next he knew, he felt his spirit being thrown into his body, and the darkness melted away to reveal an abandoned road on the outskirts of the city.

Burning. His legs were burning. His ribs were burning. His entire body felt battered and torn. His clothes hung off him in mere rags. Malik struggled to regain conscious thought, so he could figure out what had happened.

"I lived," he rasped out, his throat suddenly parched.

Just then, a set of feet paused right in front of his vision. He knew this person. His legs were familiar. His eyes trailed slowly upwards until they landed on two blank violet eyes. The eyes were listless and emotionless, staring at him so hard that they could burn a hole into his head. Malik whimpered slightly, fearing what his Yami would do.

Yami Malik walked up to the boy holding a hand out to help him up. Malik shrugged the hand away and got on his feet by himself. After a few seconds of regaining his composure, he glared at the dark spirit with ferocity.

"What the fuck happened?" Malik ground out between his teeth.

Yami Malik's eyes narrowed. "What do you mean what happened? I saved you again."

Malik's eyes widened slightly. "You what?"

"I saved you. I took over your body and jumped off the motorcycle," Yami Malik explained calmly, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Why?" Malik asked looking his Yami deep in the eyes.

Yami Malik remained quiet as he tore his eyes away and looked down at the ground.

"Why?" Malik repeated. "Why did you save me!?! I thought you didn't care! Isn't that why you left!?!?"

A low growl resounded from Yami Malik as he quickly turned around and started to walk away.

"Yeah, run away!" Malik shouted at his darker half. "Go ahead! Leave me! They all do!"

Yami Malik came to a sudden halt. His body tensed up as his knuckles tightened into fists. "You don't get it, Malik. You never have," he whispered sadly.

Malik's face softened slightly at his Yami's tone of voice. "Get what?"

Yami Malik half turned his body to look at his lighter half. "I never left you."

"Yes, you did," Malik choked out, feeling the urge to sob again.

Yami Malik completely turned around, walking up to the Egyptian boy slowly. He stopped a couple of inches from his hikari and raised his hand to cup the side of Malik's face. "You don't get it, Malik," Yami Malik continued to whisper. "I'm always with you."

Malik's eyes slid close as he leaned into his Yami's gentle touch, enjoying the tenderness the other so rarely showed.

"I never meant to hurt you," Yami Malik confessed, "it was the least of my intentions. But, if you truly want me to leave forever, I shall go. I know I've caused you enough pain."

The Egyptian boy stood momentarily still until his Yami removed his hand and separated farther from his light. Malik looked up at his darker half, surprised to see all the sadness and unshed tears hidden in his eyes.

/If I tell him to leave, I'll never see him again. It'll end my pain and suffering. Or will it? What if he's changed? What if he's the same? Does he care? If he leaves forever, he won't be able to harm me or any more of my friends. But, he said he's always with me. He said he never meant to hurt me. He said he'd end my pain. Ugh!!! I don't get him!! Why!?!? Is he trying to protect me? Why did he kill my father?/

Malik looked seriously at his Yami for a second, deliberating on his choice of words. "You said you're always with me. You said you'd never hurt me, but you did. Why? Why did you hurt me?"

Yami Malik looked at his light in a way the other had never seen him look at him before.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

OOH!!! I'm so evil!!!! What will happen next? What WILL happen next? Mwa hahah!!! Review to find out. So, did ya like it? I finished this at 12….and now I'm tired….g'nite.