Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ "Loveless" ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

"Loveless"

By: Enkidu

I'm too bored to do my hw...not that I have much tonight since I finished most of it during class. Anywho, I'm going to try and write another chapter today! Yay! Besides, I'm waiting for that @$!@#$!$ Malik video to finish d/l.

Okay..I finished this yesterday 9/25. But, my brother was online till late, so I had to wait till today to send this damn thing out. anywho, sorry. Here ya go.

Yami Malik/Malik

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 4

Malik stood still letting the wind toss his hair wildly about his face. He had cornered his Yami. There was no where to run, and he would finally get the answers he'd been searching for. Atleast, he hoped he would. Nothing was certain. It was baffling how his Yami was looking so intently at him. The silence had grown to become eerie, neither boy willing to move or say anything. Finally, Yami Malik spoke up.

"Malik," he began tenderly, moving closer to his lighter half, "there's some things you don't know about me."

Malik raised an eyebrow in question.

Yami Malik's expression softened to one of concern and perhaps sympathy. "It was not by chance that I became a part of you, nor were you chosen by the Millenium Rod. In truth, it was I who wanted to be with you."

Malik's eyes widened in surprise as he beheld the serious tone, and those lavender eyes that were speaking so much to him at the moment.

Yami Malik shook his head slightly laying a gentle hand on his hikari's shoulder. "I was a spirit trapped in the rod, waiting for someone I could use as a puppet to my plans. Five thousand years in darkness can make one quite bitter."

The Egyptian boy nodded slightly, finally starting to understand what made his yami so evil.

Yami Malik removed his hand from Malik's shoulder and started to walk away aimlessly. He turned slightly, deciding to continue with his story. "Then, I met you. The rod had somehow come to fall in your hands some time before your 10th birthday. I felt you. I felt your pain. Your sadness. Your anxiety. I felt your hurt and sorrow. I pitied you. You were just like me. A boy trapped in a world he didn't belong. I had chosen you."

"But, I remember meeting you after the ceremony on my 10th birthday," Malik finally spoke up.

"I remeber, too. Your birthday. You were just turning 10, and yet I felt your tears. You were not happy. You were in anguish. Your hatred had fed me power. It was enough for me to separate from you and finally lay eyes upon your countenance. When I did, I must admit, I was quite speechless."

Malik crossed his arms silently and stared at his yami in amazement. There were so many things he didn't know about him, and now he was finally realizing what Yami Malik meant when he said he was always with him.

Yami Malik sighed deeply, recollecting his thoughts before continuing. "I saw you for the first time as you saw me. You were beautiful. So beautiful. A young innocent child with the face of an angel. I immediately became infuriated when I gazed at the bandages on your back. They had dared to mutilate my own precious aibou. From then on, I promised myself I would allow no harm to come to you. I would take you away from the pain."

Yami Malik turned away his head and looked down in some demonstration of shame. "A year later, I guess you remember what happens. It's no justification, but I only killed your father to protect you. He would have killed you after he finished with Rishido. I couldn't let you die. I didn't want anything to happened to you. He was so cruel, I didn't think you'd mourn his death."

Malik walked up to his yami slowly. He paused a few inches away and lifted Yami Malik's chin to look at him. He took a deep breath before speaking. "Cruel he may be, but I must honour him at all costs. He is my father. But, after his death, you went insane, dispelled me out of my body, and tried to destroy everything. Why?"

The dark spirit tore his face away from Malik's gentle hand and glared at the ground. "Power," he said simply.

"Power?" Malik repeated.

"Yes. Power. The Millenium Rod is very powerful. That kind of power can corrupt even the purest of souls. I was not so pure and quite easy to be seduced by it's strength. I wanted revenge. I wanted revenge for 5000 years of imprisonment. I wanted the world to feel my pain. To suffer like I have. I sought to do so, but the pharaoh stopped me. I'm thankful. I was so enraptured by my own chaotic desire to cast darkness upon the world, that I had forgotten my own promise to you. It is unforgivable."

Malik was at a loss for words. He himself had forgotten that his yami did endure pain of his own. He had been so selfish and self-centered, he failed to notice Yami Malik had also suffered. He never knew the other had cared so much, he'd kill for him. It was all too much to consume, but all of the sudden, the Egyptian boy didn't feel alone anymore. He felt more complete and at peace.

He walked in front of his yami and surprised himself by encircling the dark spirit in a deep hug, conveying his newfound trust in him. Yami Malik had at first been surprised, but the warm feeling around his body actually felt...nice. Until then, he had been so careful about letting people near him. He was paranoid and mistrusting. Malik had changed all that. Now, he had grown to care for his hikari and possibly even love him. He returned the embrace, letting Malik rest his bleached hair on his shoulder.

"I don't want you to leave," Malik muttered tiredly into his yami's shoulder. "I never want you to leave."

A small smile, barely noticeable, appeared on Yami Malik's lips as he held his aibou tighter. "I'll never leave you," he whispered into Malik's hair, nuzzling him slightly.

Malik smiled himself before he felt his head spin and almost lost his balance. Yami Malik caught him as the other gripped him tightly. "Are you alright?" Yami Malik asked in concern.

"I feel dizzy," the Egyptian boy muttered before his eyes rolled to the back of his head, and he passed out cold into his yami's arms.

"It must be the blood loss," Yami Malik concluded as he hoisted the young boy into his arms and began to carry him home.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

I know that chapter was pretty short, but I wanted to save the rest of what's going to happen for the next chapter. um...I guess you'll read...um...tell me whatcha think. Yay! I finished at 10 o'clock!!! Now, to start my US History essay!