Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ a new life ❯ Finding out the truth ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Me-Another chapter. (Thanks to everyone who's anyone that helped!)
Shadow-Yippee we're happy for you.
Light-You don't sound happy.
Shadow-it's called sarcasm....idiot.
Light-sorry! I didn't know.
Shadow-On a scale of one-ten, you rank 15. That's how stupid you are.
Light-OH yeah well I wasn't the one that-
Me-THAT'S ENOUGH!!!! NOW SHUT UP SO I CAN GET TO THE DISCLAIMER!!!!
Light&Shadow-*gulp* uhh....ok....
Me-I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh, oh if only I could. Now lets start the story!!!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<< ;<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
You followed them to the arcade.You all entered, it wasn't very noisy, but it wasn't the best place to read a book. They all went to play seperate games. Leaving you standing there. So you just started walking around. Looking at all the video games to select from. Nothing really caught your interest. So you sat down by one of the broken machines and took out your journal. (A/N wow you use your journal a lot) This time you didn't feel like writing. Instead you started to draw.

You drew a picture of a girl with huge bangs, that were covering her eyes. She was sitting upright on a bed. And in her left hand was a knife. Her shirt had long sleves. But her sleves on the right arm was rolled up, reveling slits. She had black pants which you colored in with a pen, and a white sweatshirt. You finished the picture by drawing a black tear streaming down her cheek. You dropped the pen on the floor and closed your book. Leaving it next to the pen. Hugging your knees a small tear escaped your left eye. The picture reminded you of too much.

All the pain you ever felt, it showed in that one picture. Your mom had beaten you before, and you had cut. It made no sense to anyone. You were getting abused by your mother, and you hated the pain. So why did you cut? Simple, you felt it was the only pain you could cotrol. The only pain that you can decide when it would happen and how. But everything else you couldn't. Your dad had left you when he found out your mom was pregnant, your mom beat you, and she drove away all your relatives. What more could have gone wrong? You didn't want to think about it. It was too painful.

Eyes.....eyes were on you. But who was starring? You didn't see anyone directly looking at you. So who was starring? 'Wait....' You turned around. Brown eyes(A/N you think it's Ryou don't you? Or Bakura, cause I know every Ryou fan falls for Bakura also. But can you help it? *gets hit in the head with a shoe* ehh back to the story).

"Hello there." A deep voice.......(A/N am I annoying you?).....Bakura.

"Hey Bakura." You said as you quickly grabbed your journal, forgeting about your pen.

"I wasn't going to take it, but since you got me curious..." He tried to take your journal, but you got up, very fast.

"It's a private journal. Understand? Private!" You stuffed the journal into your bag. Shooting glares at Bakura. He just smirked, and that really pissed you off.

"Just leave me alone." You said to him. Going back to hugging your legs. Seeing this he got up and leaned over to you.

"Fine, if that's what you want." And with that he left, leaving you on the floor, still hugging you legs. You let out a big sigh.
'I'm dealing with shit every second of my life. I might as well play a game. Though I don't really feel like it. Well I could just sit here, looking like a damn fool. Or I could play a game, and at least try to have fun. Hmph, fun...I don't remember fun. When did I have fun? In America, with my friends, when mom wasn't around. Yeah, that's it. But I'm not in America, so why can't I just move on? It's not like my life was perfect there. Well it's not exactly perfect here. I got a few friends, but I don't really know them. This was only the second day of school. So when the hell is this week going to pass? But I might as well try to make it pass. Like the gay saying goes time flies when you're having fun. Crap.'

"What are you doing down there?" You looked up, letting go of your legs, Ryou. He must have came in with his yami. Bakura must have told him that you were here. Or someone else did.

You let out a, "Nothing." it sounded pathetic to you. You lifted yourself up, grabbing your bag. You gave him a fake smile. 'Please don't ask if somethings wrong, please don't ask if somethings wrong, please don't...'

"Are you ok? Bakura said you were acting weird." A smirk appeared on your face. 'So Bakura told him. Hmph.'

"I'm fine. Really," You said, giving him a more convincing smile."I just don't feel like playing video games."

"Oh." Silence. How you hated silence. It was ok sometimes but not always. Especially when someone was there with you. Damn silence.

"I think I'm gonna head home. I don't want to be here anymore." You walk towards the door, and Ryou just lets you go by. You open the door and noticed it was raining outside. 'Damn.'

"Still going?" You turned around.

"I guess not, Ryou." You sighed, and leaned against a machine. "I'm gonna at least do something." You say as you head for one of the machines and instert coins in the coin slot. It was one of those games where you have to fight And on every separate level it was a different person everytime.(A/N muhahaha!! I love these games) If you lost all your lives you had to enter a coin before ten seconds were over, so you could still play.

You started to click the buttons on the machine. Moving the stick with your dominant hand. You lost one round of level three(A/N each level is devided into two rounds, sorry i forgot that).

"Dammit!" You yelled as you kicked the machine. Of course people stared, but you weren't paying attention to them, your eyes were glued to the game. The word 'go' appeared on the screne and you clicked the buttons with your fingures. Doing combo attacks. Punching your opponent in the stomach, than kicking them, they tripped. 'KO' appeared on the screen.

"Yes!!!" You yelled doing a little victory dance, you stopped when you saw everyone starring. Another level, round one. You clicked the buttons over and over. This time just randomly, you had no idea what you were doing. But you were trying to win. The opponent was a lot stronger than your character, you got mad. "Dammit, just let me kick your ass!" (A/N wow ur a potty mouth today) The opponent fell out of the arena. Making them lose. You mouthed a 'yes', trying to shake off the attention. Round two, Go! You decided you would surprise your opponent. You just dodged their attacks, every puch, every kick, and when they stopped. BAM!!! You flipped them over, automatictly making them lose.

"Level 5! Yes!!!" People started to gather around you, watching as you won every round and every level. The more you won, more people came. Making you feel a little uneasy. 'Too much attention, ehh...just ignore them __! Don't be a coward, you can beat this game!' You thought as you beat another level.

"Wow, she's up to level six!" You heard someone yell from the crowd. 'Apperantly no one had ever gotten to level 6 before. Hmph, weird.' Another thought. You continued the game, of course you won round one. Now it was time for rouns two. You growled, and started clicking the buttons as soon a 'go' appeared on the screne. The opponent was kicking your butt right now. You growled more, clicking the buttons faster and harder. Moving in ever direction you could, and dodging atacks. You puched the opponent over and over. Making them fall, but it didn't have a large affect. 'Maybe a kick.' You thought as you kcked the other character. Not much of an affect.

'Damn!!!' Another puch and another kick, but they hit you plenty of times. A lot of damage was done. But you still wanted to beat the living hell out of the opponent. Kick, punch, kick, kick, flip! 'Yes!'

"Level seven!" You shouted as you prepared for round one. Go! You puched, kicked and doged their shots. But they hit you in the face, and then kicked you many times. Your character fell, making you off guard. So the opponent picked you up and threw you on the ground. They jumped on you, making their knees meet your thighs. You lost round one. 'Damn, damn, damn, damn!!!' You cursed in your head, kicking the machine very hard. Round two, if you lost this, game over. But if you won, then you'd had to face round three, and if you won that, level eight.

You tried your best. Kicking your opponent, punching them hard and causing them to fall. You tried to jump on top of them but they rolled over. 'Damn!' Your character layed on the floor as your opponent grabbed your arm and fliped you. That caused a lot of damadge. You growled again, and clicked the buttons repeatidly. Bad idea, your oponent dodged your attacks and blocked half of them. Your fingers got tired, so you stop. Another bad idea, they threw a puch at you sending you flying out of the arena. You lost.

"Fuck!" You cursed loudly and the crowd left. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. Game over. You kicked the machine again and turned around. Yugi, Joey, Tristan, Tea, Ryou, Bakura, and this other Yugi look-a-like had been watching you. Your face turned red.

"Shit." You cursed under your breath(A/N potty mouth...) They were all staring at you.

"Damn you're good." Joey said to you, as you blushed.

"Joey, you can say it without cursing!" That was Tea, she said this as you pulled Joey's ear.

"Ehh.. thanks." You smiled. "Can I ask one thing?"

"Yeah." Yugi said to you.

"Who's he?" You pointed to Yami. Ryou walked up to you, grabbing your arm.

"You know how Bakura is my yami...?"

"Yes..."

"Well Yugi has one, too."

"Oh. So what do you guys call him?"

"You can call him Yami." Yugi said as he smile.

"Ok." You said as you looked at your arm, Ryou was still holding it, and you kind of felt uneasy. "Um Ryou...?"

"What?" You looked down at your arm again, than back at him. "Oh! Sorry." And he let go.

"It's ok. Um, does anyone know what time it is?"

"It's 3:45." Tristan said this. (A/N i'm trying to get everyone to talk here, so oops i forgot yami! shit)

"3:45?!" You ran to the door, openingit just a little. The rain had stopped. Everything was damp. "I gotta go guys, bye!" They waved good bye to you, and you ran home. 'Helen's probably home, hopefully she got my message.'

"So why am I running?" You thought out loudly, and slowed down your walk.

>>>>><<<<<
You made it home in time. Helen was there, on the computer.

"Hi." She said to you. 'Ok so it's safe to say she's not mad...' "Have fun?" 'So she got my message.'

"Yeah." You remebered the question you wanted to ask Helen. Why she hadn't contacted your family in eight years.

"That's great."

"Helen I need to ask you something."

"Really what is it?" She said as she turned off the computer, and turned around to face you.

"Why didn't you contact my family for eight years." She got this weird worried look. Like it was suppose to be a secret. She sat down on the red large couch infront of the TV.

"I knew you would ask sooner or later. Come, sit down." She patted the seat next to her. You obeyed and sat down.

"So, tell me." You say to Helen as you look at her and then at your hands.

"You already know that your mom drove everyone away-" You interupted."

"But you're her sister."

"I know but she also drove mom and dad away. I was driven away also."

"Why?"

"There are many reasons. She was a drinker, she was alsways getting into trouble, she had sex without protection, she became abusive, and always picked the wrong guy. Just like your dad."

"What was dad like?" You looked at her again, and started playing with your fingers.

"You're dad was a very crazy person. He never drank, but he was...how do I say this? Too wild. He was covered with tatoo's head to toe, he had a lot of peircing and drove a motorcycle. He also smoked, and he had been to jail twice."

"Why?"

"Only god knows. But we all knew he was older than your mom."

"How much older?"

"Well she met him when she was 16, and he was...I think 19."

"He was 19?"

"Yes. But she didn't care. As long as he had a motorcycle, she didn't care. I jsut couldn't stand all the things she had done to herself. She let this man do what ever he wanted with her and she let herself go. I couldn't take it. I took care of you for a while. Until you turned five. Your mom was trying to get a job, and she did. She tried to take care of you, but it was too much for her. Being on her own, and work, and you. So I helped her again when you were 7. But everyday, you seemed to have more bruises, I got scared. I once tried running away with you. But she caught me. She didn't call the police, but she threatened me."

"What did she say?"

"She said she'd beat you more if I ever tried again. So I left."

"But why Japan?"

"Well in high school they taught us about Japan, and I really wanted to go there someday. Just to know what it really was like. So now here I am. But of course I always wondered if you were alright. So when I found out your mom couldn't have you anymore, I took you in. Because I always felt that I should have taken you when I had the chance."

"So that's why?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks for telling me." You say as you walk to the room, shutting the door behind you. You jumped onto your bed. Taking out your CD player, you started your homework. Not that you wanted to do it, but you had no choice. You clicked play on your cd player and skipped to you favorite song.
>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<< ;<<<

Me-And that's chapter 5! Damn my hand hurts.
Shadow-You're pathetic.
Me-Oh yeah you try to write a fanfic!
Shadow-grr....
Light-You guys be nice ^.^
Me- Shadow?
Shadow-Yes...?
Me-Lock her up in the closet.
Shadow-I thought you'd never ask.
Light-NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me- Now people you must review, or no more updates!!!
Shadow-I'm done.
Light*bangs on closet door*LET ME OUT!!!
Me-ehh....bye people!!!!