Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Thousand Words ❯ The Letters (Prt 1) ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

~So take all this noise into your brain

and send it all back again~

Dear Yami,

By the time you read this letter, I'm already gone. Don't try to catch me or find me, not that you'd even notice I'm gone in the first place. Ever since you've gotten your own body, I've been ignored. It's almost as if I'm invisible because I get the feeling that every time you look at me, you only see through me. Our mind link has been blocked for almost five months now and you don't seem to notice. Well, you don't have to notice anymore, because it's going to remain closed.

Even though I may not want to know the answer, I must ask the question. What did I do to make you hate me this much? I mean, I must've done something really terrible to make you hate me enough to ignore me, right? What exactly happened to us? We used to be so close and you used to be so warm. Now, you're colder than a winter storm and it hurts. It hurts real bad to know that the person you've hidden nothing from suddenly changes to someone you almost fear. I thought I knew you…and maybe, just maybe, I did once.

Well, you know what? I'll make it easier for you. You don't have to treat me as if I'm not there anymore. Why? Because I'm leaving. Next time when you look at me to look through me, I won't even be there. It's not like you would even notice, but that's okay. I'll get over it… someday.

Please remember this, if nothing else. I loved you and I always will, Yami. Always.

Love you always,

Yugi