Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Thousand Words ❯ The Letters (Prt 2) ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

~I'll bear the cost, shed my skin, call

you up and then…

I'll say the words out loud.~

My Darkness,

After you read this letter, you may think of me as weak. But then again, you've always thought I was weak no matter what I did. Everything I did was never good enough for you, was it? Well, don't worry. Since you said you didn't need me anymore, I figured… why bother staying around. You wanted it, now you've got it. You wanted to lose your hikari ever since I've let you out of the Ring, so I'm doing you the favor. I'm gone.

I've suffered enough, Bakura. Honestly, have you ever wondered why I go through the abuse, or the `lessons' according to you, that is given to me without a word? Have you? No, you probably never did. Well, here's the reason. I believed that it made you happy. And I'd do anything to make you happy… even if it meant my own life. Why? Because I loved you.

I've always loved you and I often wonder if you've ever loved me. Did you? No, never mind… no point in asking someone who thinks love is weak if they've ever loved anyone, right? Well, let me tell you something, Bakura. Love isn't for the weak, it's for the strong. Love isn't a weak emotion or a distraction… it's strength. It fuels one's determination to make the person they love happy or keep them safe. It's what kept me alive all these years. My love for you made all the sufferings I endured survivable. But how can I make you see that?

I forgive you, love. I truly do. I guess I've always forgiven you. But know this, Bakura. Know that even though I love you and always do, it never meant I had to stay to love you. Like I said before, I've had enough. Love, itself, has a limit, and you've apparently reached yours. I'm sorry it had to be this way, but I'm not sorry for meeting you, or knowing you. Whether you know it or not, you taught me how to love. I may regret many things in my life, but getting the Millennium Ring is not one of them. Know that you'll always occupy a big space in my heart, Bakura. Always.

Love you into eternity,

Ryou