Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Thousand Words ❯ You dont have to make it alone... ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

~Time manipulates your heart

Preconceptions torn apart

Begin to doubt my state of mind~

Malik sat at the airport, waiting for his flight to be announced over the intercom. As he waited, thoughts flew by in his mind and made him wonder if all this was worth throwing away. He was so deep in thought that he hadn't realized someone sat down next to him until they talked.

"Malik?" a soft voice brought him back to reality. He looked up, and to his surprise, found himself staring into Yugi's violet orbs.

"Yugi? What are you doing here?"

"Probably for the same reason you and I are here as well, Malik." another voice replied behind him.

Malik and Yugi both turned to the source of the voice and their eyes widened. In front of their sight stood their friend Ryou, looking as sad as the probably did too. He was dressed in dark blue jeans, a black shirt, and a dark blue jean jacket that matched his pants. Like them, he held a small duffel bag and they figured that his suitcases must have been checked in as well.

"So… we're all leaving our yamis behind because we can't handle the treatment we've been getting from them since they got their own bodies. Hmm… who would have thought that leaving behind our old lives to begin a new one would bring the three of us together for this journey…" Ryou said as he saw all the millennium items gone. "Mine was getting out of hand with his temper, what's your stories?"

"Mine's been ignoring me and getting pissed at me for no apparent reason." Yugi mumbled softly.

Ryou nodded and looked at Malik. "Mine slept with Anzu. Apparently has been for the past two months." Malik whispered as he stared at the floor. He heard gasps from his friends before feeling two pair of comforting hands on either side of his shoulders.

"Well, forget them. This is OUR chance to shine, not theirs." Ryou said confidently.

"Yeah. At least we have each other. We don't need them anymore."

`Flight 169 to New York is now boarding. I repeat, Flight 169 to New York is now boarding. Please report to your proper gates immediately.'

"Well, then. What are we waiting for? Let's go!" With that said, they boarded the plane, determination present on their faces.