Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Thousand Words ❯ Pride Makes a Slave of Me and a Victim of You (prt 1) ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hi guys! I'm really sorry it took me this long just to get this chapter up. But I've been busy with HSPA. I started taking it today and it's going to last the entire week. I'll have the next chapter up, hopefully, by Thursday or Friday… maybe even sooner… thanx for sticking with me and I hope you enjoyed it. Oh, and plz review… well, here's the chapter :::

~But I won't go down on what I said

I won't retract convictions read

I may perplex, but I'm not blind~

Yami sat in the kitchen, waiting for his hikari to wake up for breakfast. He knew that as a yami, he'd been neglecting his little hikari. But as a friend and a lover, he'd been ignoring him. Although there's no excuse for the way he's been treating his hikari, he was only trying to get used to having a body of his own again. It was just that he took all the frustration out on Yugi.

He had been sitting at the kitchen table since five that morning, watching the sunrise from the horizon. Yami's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked at the clock on the wall. It was ten in the morning and his hikari hasn't woken up yet. `That's strange.' was the only thing that Yami thought as he watched the seconds tick by.

He tried reaching out to Yugi through their mind link, but all he received in return was a wall of coldness. `Something's not right.' Yami thought as he got out of his chair and went up the stairs to Yugi's room.

Placing a hand on the knob, he laid his ear to the door and tried to listen for any sound. Again he was met with silence. Almost the same silence he heard through the link of the Puzzle. Yugi was never that quiet, especially not in the morning. As Yami listened for another five minutes, he knew something was terribly out of place.

Even before Yami opened the bedroom door, he knew Yugi wasn't there. He couldn't feel him. He had never realized just how strong of a presence Yugi had until that moment. Almost everything was the same and practically everything was where it should be, yet… its life was… missing. This little paradise that they had both built was beginning to crumble and he could feel himself start to crumble with it.

Yami stood in the middle of the room, trying to grasp a sense of hope that, unfortunately, never came to him. Yugi's suitcases and clothes were half gone and the only thing that was left was a letter, his Puzzle, and his sweet scent. Tears began to pool in Yami's eyes as he sat on the bed. The same bed where they had cuddled against each other so many times.

He gently picked up the Puzzle as was as the letter. Upon reading the letter, the dam of tears broke free. There was no denying it anymore. The one fact that he, himself, had been trying to run from the second he found his hikari gone had finally registered in his brain. The yami had driven the hikari off. He had made the love of his life, Yugi, pack his things and leave. Now what was he suppose to do?