Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Thousand Words ❯ Pride Makes a Slave of Me and a Victim of You (Prt 2) ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

~But I won't go down on what I said

I won't retract convictions read

I may perplex, but I'm not blind~

"What the hell?! There's no food on the table? Where the hell is that damn weakling of mine?" With a frustrated groan, Bakura climbed up the stairs, taking two at a time, and stalked towards the other boy's bedroom.

As he walked down the silent hallway towards Ryou's room, thoughts started to fly around in his mind. His steps faltered a bit as he got closer to the door. `What am I going to do? Beat him so much that he'll be going to school bruised and everything?' His thoughts ended abruptly when he came to stand in front of his hikari's bedroom door.

For the first time in more than a century, Bakura raised his fist and knocked. At first, the knocking began softly, but then it turned much more persistent. When neither the door opened nor did his hikari answer, an annoyed growl erupted from within Bakura's throat. Placing a hand upon the knob, he flung open the door and was, for the first time in a long while, shocked beyond words.

Hard brown eyes quickly scanned the room for any trace of the missing hikari, but he came up empty. The room itself was almost striped bare of clothing and there was no sight of Ryou's presence anywhere. There wasn't even any hint that the hikari had been there, save for the sweet scent that was Ryou alone.

A spark of glittering gold in the sunlight caught his attention. His heart immediately fell when his eyes landed on the object. There, alone, sat the one object that bonded a yami and a hikari together. There, alone, sat the Millennium Ring. The same Ring that had hung on his hikari's neck for years.

As be bent to pick up the item, his eyes caught sight of the piece of paper that accompanied it. Tears threatened to rise as his hikari's motive for leaving became apparent and registered in his mind. Bakura was shocked when water droplets… no, teardrops began to fall upon the paper, smudging the writing.

Staring the letter down, Bakura felt his anger rising. Crumbling the paper in his hand, he furiously flung the sheet across the room. He watched as it bounced off the wall only to lie on the carpeted floor; the way his hikari had done so many times after one of his `lessons'.

In a fit a of hysteria, he yelled out, "I don't need him! I don't care if he's gone! I don't give a damn about him!" before crumbling onto the floor himself. But as you listen closer, you can clearly make out his whisperings.

"Come back, Ryou. Please come back, love. I need you… I need you…please."