Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ assassin ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~*~*~

Yugi blanched then fell off the couch. `Joey?!?' How did he get himself into this?!

"Yugi? Are you ok?" Yugi looked up into the questioning eyes of his companions.

"Uhhh… ya I'm just fine! Just a little… Uhhh… surprised! That's all!" Boss gave him an unbelieving look but nodded anyway as he helped Yugi to get back on the couch. "Umm, when are we leaving?"

"Tonight at 7:00. Don't be late." Matt glared accusingly at Yugi and Boss. "If you have anything to finish get it done now."

With those words all 5 people in the room, except Matt, left.

~*~*~*~ Yugi's POV ~*~*~*~

`How could Joey have gotten himself into this?!' I pondered; Boss kept giving me side wards looks. `I know I should tell him but . . . I don't want to wreck the assignment, that would be a large amount of money to lose . . .But I don't want to kill Joey, he's my- - wait, no he's not my friend. The only friend I truly have is Boss and the team. But I still don't want to kill him!'

< You keep telling yourself that. > My head snapped up. What was that?

I jumped as I felt a hand come down on my shoulder. "Why are you so uptight?'"

"N-nothing"

"Come on, you know you can trust me!" Yes I knew, we'd been together for how long now. . .? Three years? Ya, its been quite a while.

"I know its just . . ."

"Come on!"

"Fine, when we get back to the room." He smiled at me.

~*~*~*~ End POV ~*~*~*~

It was silent as the duo walked up the stairs to the upper level where their room was. Yugi took out one of the cards for the hotel's door and swiped it, gaining access.

Yugi sat, fidgeting under the intense gaze from Boss. "Guess I should start from the beginning." He took a deep breath. "About four years ago I used to live in domino city, as you know. Joey Wheeler was my best friend." He looked up nervously.

"So what's the big deal?"

"What's the big deal!? I'm just supposed to go and kill my ex-best friend?!" Yugi yelled in Boss's face.

"Well ya, didn't you tell me what they said to you? Don't you feel like just killing them for that?" He stared straight into the tri-color haired young man's eyes before him.

"Well . . . no but . . . uhhh, I just . . . I just don't know!" Yugi turned and walked out of the room but not before yelling, " I'm going for a walk"

~*~*~*~ 7:45 ~*~*~*~

Yugi sat looking out the window of the plane waiting for it to lift off. Boss sat to his right, a hand firmly placed on Yugi's thigh.

"Are you going to be ok, angel?" Boss used his nickname for Yugi.

"Ya, I'm fine, I'm fine." He not only reassured Boss but himself.

~*~*~*~ Next day ~*~*~*~

Yugi stretched and got out of bed, it was 11:30. The plane had arrived in domino at 3:30 in the morning, giving him 9 hours of sleep. On the queen size bed laid the form of Boss, his dark eyes half open. "Why good morning." Yugi smiled brightly; despite being the one place he had never wanted to come again he was happy in the familiar surroundings.

"Good morning" Boss's voice held grogginess.

"What do you want to do?" Boss propped himself up on an arm and shrugged. "Well . . . how bought we go shopping? We haven't done that in a while."

"Sure, but lets have a shower first." His eyes gleamed when Yugi giggled.

"Ok."

Boss smiled and stood, his shirt slipping off one shoulder. "Well what are you waiting for? Get going!"

Yugi slipped on a pair of black kakis. The shirt he wore had three skulls pierced by a dagger on the front and the back of the picture on the back. His usual neck buckle in place.

"Ready to go?" he questioned. Boss, who was wearing a navy blue pair of baggy pants and a black hoody, nodded.

They stepped out into the crisp morning air; the hotel was one level high and had blue paint, which was peeling off. A small pool sat in the front, a chain link fence surrounding it.

The same sun fire GT that Boss had owned for years sat in the parking spot outside of the door. Yugi clambered into the passenger seat slipping the seatbelt across his tiny waist. The drive was short; it ended at a small mall on the east side of town, close to the turtle game shop.

The mall was busy; people rushing around like a pack of wild animals. Yugi looked over to a small shop across the way, it was where he and his friends had gone for lunch quite a few times back when they actually were talking. He pointed to the place. "Want to go for lunch?"

Boss fallowed the violet eyed mans finger. "Ya, that sounds like a good idea." The two men walked to the door and waited at the `please wait to be seated' sign.

The waitress acknowledged them with a nod asking smoking or non-smoking. Yugi answered with a simple `smoking'.

Once seated they both ordered a black coffee. "Got a light?" Yugi asked pulling out a pack of cigarettes.

"Yup"

The waitress came back with their coffees and they then ordered their meals.

They ate then paid the man at the front desk.

Yugi and Boss walked down the mall, occasionally entering a shop. When coming out of an oddly popular store that was littered with people of all ages, Yugi felt an odd feeling wash over him, something oddly familiar.

"Yugi . . .?"

The small youth spun around, he came to a stop staring into the old and weary eyes of his grandfather.

"Grandpa . . .?"

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~