Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ assassin ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~*~*~

The world seemed to stop as the word echoed in my head "Grandpa, Grandpa" over and over again. I've missed his so much! It's been so long since I've seen the man. It wasn't his fault I ran away! But . . . . Won't he hate me for running with out even a `goodbye'?

I was snapped from my thoughts as Boss set his hand on my shoulder and shook me gently. I lift my head and met grandpa's eyes, have they always looked so old and worn?

"Yugi, my boy . . . Where have you been?" He asks. How am I supposed to answer that? I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out, I try again. I must look funny opening and closing my mouth like a fish.

Boss put an arm around my shoulders, obviously trying to give some comfort. I want terribly to just blurt out what has been going on these last years, but I don't think grandpa would ever look at me the same if he knew I've been killing countless amounts of people just for money? Or about the . . . incident. All I want to do is run and be alone, yes that's what I'm going to do.

"I-I got to go!" I cried out as I ripped away from Boss' grip. I can hear them calling my name in the background; I'm not going back, not yet at least.

~*~*~*~ Solomon's POV ~*~*~*~

He's changed so much. His eyes are now so cold and unforgiving, it looks like there set in a constant glare. He's not grown more then a few inches yet looks much more mature then before. What has caused you so much pain my grandson?

"Yugi, my boy . . . where have you been?" I ask in almost desperation. It looked like he was trying to speak but no words would come. The man beside him wrapped an arm around his petite shoulders. Were they more then friends?

My grandson lifted his head and for what seemed like forever our eyes met.

"I-I got to go!" He yelled before running faster then I could imagine he could out of the building totally ignoring my and the other mans calls.

~*~*~*~ Normal POV ~*~*~*~

Yugi ran to the entrance of the park 1-2 miles from the mall and slowed to a light jog. The place hadn't changed

Much, the flowers and tree's still flourished. The small man walked down the pebble pathway for awhile before reaching a clearing in the bushes. About 30 feet into the bush was a small opening, ignoring the danger sign he crawled under a fence. The trickling of a small stream could be heard in the distance.

A rustling of bushes made his stop and duck behind a bush off the small foot worn trail he had occupied. A tall blond walked by, a beer bottle in hand. Yugi's violet orbs widened in recognition, it was Joey!

It was time for revenge, an evil smirk played on his full lips. His smirk increased as he pulled a dagger from the hilt on his belt. `I WILL get my revenge!'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~