Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ assassin ❯ chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi raised the dagger above his head; ready to kill the man who had brought his so much joy yet caused his so much pain. The blade made its descent and time seemed to slow. 12 inches, 6 inches, 3 inches.

"Joey look out!!!" Startled Yugi dropped the dagger; it clattered off a rock and tumbled down the hill into the bushes below.

A figure tackled the smaller man to the ground with enough force to knock the wind from his body, momentarily stunning him.

Two collective gasps were heard.

"Yugi, man is dat' you?" Gasped Joey. Hearing joeys voice almost brought tears to Yugi's eyes, almost.

Yugi looked away, not wanting to answer the question, what was the point, couldn't they figure that out themselves?

"What are you trying to do?! Kill him?!" Tristans voice rang out thru the small forest as he got off his old friends chest.

"Ya I am. Do you have a problem?" His voice was harsh and full of hatred.

"What happened to ya' man? Why you tryin' to kill me?" Joeys confused eyes locked with Yugi's for a moment, not many could hold Yugi's gaze for long anymore, Joey was the first to look away.

"What happened!!? What happened!!? YOU are what happened! You and your stupid friends!" Yugi's outburst surprised Joey and Tristan greatly.

"What did we ever do to you?"

"I trusted you guys, and what do you do? You throw it in my face!! Don't tell me you don't remember what you guys did to me four years ago, cuz I sure do!" Yugi's eyes started to water yet he would let no tears flow. "Do you even have a clue how I felt?! I had no one, not one person there for me when I needed someone the most!!"

Joey's mouth opened and closed a few time before a word could be formed. "Yuge, man. We weren't even part of what happened! We never would have thought those things about you! Tea and Miho planed it all! You have no idea how much we missed you! WE searched for weeks!" Joey's voice trembled one tear escaping his almond eyes.

"B-but I thought . . . you mean you guys don't hate me?" Yugi's voice was still void of emotion. `All this time. . . it was just Tea and Miho, I could careless what they thought of me, but. . . Joey and Tristan hadn't done anything . . . Oh god, what have I almost done? I-`

"NO!" Tristan and Joey's voices yelled in unison. "How could you ever think we would ever hate you?!" The blond continued. "B-but why where you tryin' ta kill me?" Joey's eyes filled with tears again at the thought of little Yugi killing someone, if only you knew.

"I-I can't tell you that . . . I'm sorry." Yugi surprised himself with the apology; it'd been so long since the last time he'd said one.

"I can understand if ya don't want to tell me but, man, can I trust ya to not try any thin'?" Joey eyed Yugi carefully as if he was about to jump up and rip his heart out.

Yugi nodded, too chocked to speak.

"Man Yami's gonna have heart failure!" Tristan nodded in agreement.

"Yami!? You found the puzzle!?" Yugi looked about ready to explode.

`Oh ya, I guess Yuge don't know we found da' puzzle!' Joey leaned back agents the popular tree behind him, his long forgotten beer bottle dropping to the ground below. "Ya, when we were out lookin' for ya da' puzzle waz jus' layin' outside of an alley entrance."

"Is he living with my grandfather?" Yugi tried to keep a cool head, even though on the inside he was exploding with happiness.

"Ya, he's been living there for these last couple of years." Tristan, who had been silent for the last few minuets, spoke up.

"Can I go see him?" Yugi's voice showed only a hint of hope, maybe Yami can change him back to the innocents of the group.

"We can arrange that." Yugi gave a halfhearted smile.

"Ok then, lets get going."

"No. First I have to get my dagger." Yugi ducked down and crawled under the bushes towards the hill. About 5 seconds after being out of view, Yugi let out a small shriek and 10 `thumps' `oofs!' and `ouches' later he yelled a `I'm OK'.

Joey and Tristan looked at each other, what had just happened?

Yugi stumbled up the hill a few minuets later, twigs and leaves in his hair. "Got your dagger?" He nodded. "Lets go then."

The walk to the game shop was quick and in absolute silence. Yugi paused out side, the place hadn't changed much. The windows were a bit dirtier than he remembered and the building had more grim around it.

Joey opened the door and held it for his two friends.

"Wanna surprise him Yuge?" Yugi gave the affirmative. "OK. Go an' hide behind on of those shelves." The brown-eyed boy pointed. "You'll know when to come out. OK?"

As much as Yugi hated to fallow commands, this wasn't all that bad. Nodding again Yugi walked off.

Joey walked up the counter, wondering where Yami was. A loud `Bang!' and a stream of Egyptian curses later Joey and Tristan concluded that he was in the back room.

"Oi, Yami!"

"Coming, coming." The ancient pharaoh was in no good mood. A few moments later Yami came out in his normal attire, buckles and all. A large forming bruise on his left temple made it obvious to what the `Bang!' had been.

"Joey, Tristan." He nodded to each in turn. "What brings you?"

Brown locked with brown as Tristan and Joey looked in each other's direction sending a silent message. "We have a surprise for ya' Yami!" Joey exclaimed, this was gonna be good!

"I'm in no mood for one of you two's futile attempt to `cheer me up' as you call it." Yami glared annoyingly.

Back behind the shelving Yugi felt a piece of his ice-shrouded heart get chipped off at the sound of his darker sides voice. Though, now a day you never know who is the hikari and who is the yami.

"Oh, but I assure ya that this WILL cheer ya up!" Joey looked in the general direction of Yugi. "Come on out."

Slowly, almost hesitantly Yugi side-stepped out from behind the shelf's, putting himself right in Yami's line of vision.

A smile tugged at the smaller half's lips as he slowly stuck a hand in the air in a small wave. "Hello, Yami."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~