Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ assassin ❯ chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't feel like writing that much today so just live with it, ok?

Yugi felt like dieing. Yami's face was set in a twist between horror and disgust, which was more Yugi couldn't decipher. Yami's expression turned to anger as he made his way though the window, climbing over the counter and across the floor, looking at the body then turning back to his `hikari'.

"What the hell did you do?!" Yugi winced, he was used to being yelled at, but by Yami? It hurt even more.

"Yami, let me explain--!"

"No. First you go and try to kill Joey, your best friend. Now some guy that you don't even know?!?! What the hell are you up to?!?" He cut in getting right in Yugi's face.

"You were once just the same as this!! You sat on your damn throne and ordered people to death! And for stupid reasons!! Not giving them a second chance!!" `Well neither do I.' He chuckled mentally, this was good.

"That was in the past, I've changed!" He looked away form Yugi, repulsed that he would do something like this. "What have you become?" His voice was deathly low.

Yugi looked down. "I was just doing my job . . ." The words were so silent they only sounded like the soft whisper of the wind.

"What was that?!" Yami's anger cooled a bit, but not by much.

A shuttering sob escaped Yugi's lips. "I was just doing my job!!" Yugi ran, to where he didn't know. He had to get away for a while. Yami was left to himself in the house with the cooling body laying only feet away. The silence of the room defining. THAT was what Yugi had been doing? How could he KILL for a living?! This was absurd! Yugi used to get sick at even the thought of killing someone, his innocents too great.

Yami jumped when a bolt of lightning flashed close, it had started to rain, and rain it did. `I should get out of here.' Taking one last look around the place he clambered back out the window and headed back to the game shop.

~*~

Yugi looked down at the blade resting in his hand. Why not end it all? It would make everyone happy to know that another cold-blooded murderer was gone.

The dagger he held was the weapon he used to kill every victim so far, would there be any others though?

One.

One he decided, one more life would be taken with this very blade, his own. What was the point of living if your not wanted? Yami has probably told everyone of what happened and now they all hate him. The rain came down hard and pasted Yugi's hair to his neck and forehead.

He sighed and ran is fingers over the blades handle. It'd been so long since his first kill.

~*~*~*~ Flash back ~*~*~*~

Yugi stared at the woman sitting on the small sofa, she was beautiful. Her hair was a deep chocolate brown, her eyes sparkling blue, reminding him of the deepest of pools.

A hand resting on his shoulder reminded him of what he was to do. This was his first kill. Of course he'd seen quite a few but had yet to do it. The dagger in his hand was an alien feeling but the weapon seemed to be formed especially for his tiny hand.

"You know what to do, little one." Boss whispered reassuringly into the small mans ear. Yugi smiled at the man and crawled in through the window, the woman's back was to him so he wasn't seen. (Stupid kid 04: How she didn't see his reflection in the T.V. is beyond me.) He and Boss had went over what to do a million times, first slip in unnoticed then slit the woman's throat, it was almost painless. That is if you don't count the few seconds after the initial cut, but the person probably wouldn't feel it through the shock.

Yugi hesitated once he'd made it to behind the couch with out arousing the woman from her place watching T.V.

Boss gave him a thumbs up from his seat I on the window sill (A/N: Is that how you spell it?) encouraging the newest edition on the team.

Yugi felt a prick of pure emotion go threw his heart, emotional pain can hurt as much as physical pain. He knew this well.

Yugi, remembering some of his training, looked around for any signs of other life forms. None. Yugi's eyes hardened as he suddenly felt the urge to get this over with. Without hesitating for a second he pounced on his prey, the dagger slicing threw the flawless skin on her neck like butter. He didn't turn away when the blood started to pour from the girl and she fell to the floor. It seemed like everything had froze in place as a rush of emotions washed over his tiny frame. Guilt and regret did not accompany these.

It was his first killing and he actually liked it! The stress built up from his experience months ago disappeared in just one slash of a dagger, this he could get used to.

~*~

As Yugi found out, liking to kill was not a good thing, and one experience changed his whole out look on it. But that's for another day.

~*~*~*~End flash back~*~*~*~

Yugi lightly slid the blade along the blue vital vein running from his wrist to his elbow, drawing a thin line of the precious fluid. The blood amazed him, its slow oozing actions making him want to see more, that was granted.

The blade this time was pressed hard enough to dig into the pale skin and pour blood out as it slid down the arm and dripped off his finger tips to the ground. The world was spinning around him when he started on the other arm; the water that lies beneath was turning a murky red/brown.

Approaching footsteps startled him and didn't even register the string of curse words, or the dagger being removed from his death grip. When a soft material was pressed to the worst wrist, the other not bad enough to bother with, he looked up and saw through his blurred vision his yami. He didn't want to be found! Yugi tried to struggle to get away from the man.

"Let me be." His voice was weak and full of grogginess.

"Why did you do it . . .?" (Stupid kid 04: Clueless ain't he?)

Yugi was too tired from blood loss to even talk and darkness took him into its eternal grip.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Stupid kid 04: No he's not dead, I just suck at writing and needed to put something.

Serie: Geez, here we go again. You need more self-esteem!!!

Stupid kid: I agree with Serie!

Serie: Think you!

Stupid kid 04: Don't you guys have someone else to bug?!

Stupid kid: Why would we do that? You'd be all alone here!

Stupid kid 04: That was the point!

Serie: Oh, so you don't like us?

Stupid kid 04: No, I don't. you two are getting on my nerves!!!! If you would shut up for at least half an hour then just maybe I'll reconsider.

Oh ya and I'm sorry about all the grammar problems, you see I can only type when my parents aren't home so I'm always in a hurry and I just rush though the spell check. I'm using Microsoft word.

See ya!!