Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ assassin ❯ chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Stupid kid 04: I've some good news. Serie's soul has been taken over by my best buddy and will now have a totally different attitude. Just in case you were wondering about the sudden change.

~*~

Yami had rushed Yugi to the hospital right after finding him and was now just calling around to see if anyone could give them a ride home. The doctors said he'd be fine, his blood loss was minimal and wouldn't need a blood transfusion, even though he'd be quite weak for a few days until the blood could replenish itself.

Yami couldn't help but feel responsible for Yugi's actions, but how was he supposed to have reacted to finding out his aibou had been killing just for money?! Did people expect him to just say ok, what about it?! These are peoples lives were talking about here!

Yami shook his head. He and Yugi would have to have a `little' talk when he was awake.

Yami was getting frustrated, not one so far had picked up the kami-forsaken phone. The next on the list was a certain Seto Kaiba who he'd rather not have to ask for help from, they even after all these years hadn't come to an agreement despite all the others tried to do for them. It was proven to be helpless. Yami almost screamed in frustration when he realized Seto just happened to be the last person on the list, he'd have to try.

He dialed the number and on the second ring a feminine well trained voice answered.

"Hello, you have reached Kaiba Corps. HQ. How may I help you?" Her tone was sickly sweet.

"Yes I need to speak with Kaiba."

"Mr. Kaiba is in a meeting at the moment, who might you be? I'll take a message."

Yami cursed. "Is there any way I can speak with Kaiba?! It's urgent!"

"I'm sorry sir, but you'll have to wait."

Yami growled and began in a dangerously low voice. "I don't have the time to wait, I'm sure Kaiba would want to take this call. It has to do with someone I think he'd want to see." `Heh, like that'd ever happen.' Yugi and Seto had been on relatively good terms before he'd left yet were never very close.

A sigh was heard. "I'll send a message to the room but there are no guaranties, now what did you say your name was?"

"I never did say. It's Yami, tell him an old friend is back in town and needs help."

"Ok, please hold." There was a click and a soft music floated from the receiver, what was up with big companies and having annoyingly slow music being put on while one was on hold? (Stupid kid 04: Never did understand that . . .)

Yami tapped his foot impatiently, what was taking him so long?!

After a few more minutes Yami started to wonder if anyone was going to answer, that music was annoying him greatly. That's when a rushed and slightly out of breath practically yelled into the phone.

"What is it?! I'm in the middle of a quite important meeting!!"

"Do you like to torture your callers with that horrid music?" Yami smile, it was fun to aggravate the CEO.

"What do you want Yami?" Seto didn't feel like messing around."

"We need a ride back to the game shop, no one else is around."

"Who would `we' be?"

"Yugi and I."

"YUGI?!?!? When did he get back and why wasn't I informed. Where has he been? How is he?!?!?!"

Yami pulled the phone from his ear when he was bombarded with yelled questions from Seto. "No time to answer, just get to the general hospital and pick us up." Yami was surprised by the reaction he got from Seto, was he worried about his little hikari?

"The hospital? What happened?!"

"I'll answer your questions when you get here but for now I need to go." Yami hung up on his rival, what was the point of being nice to him and saying goodbye?

Yami walked up two flights of stairs to Yugi's room, number 920. A nurse looked up from her job of removing the IV drip from his aibou's hand. The tape wrapped around the small tube and needle left a mark when it was removed and a small hole where the IV was inserted. The nurse stood straight, straightened her little white skirt then left the room and disposing of the used item.

Yami was left alone with his unconscious hikari. Why he was still calling him `hikari' was beyond him. Sure Yami had ordered people to death and maybe once or twice killed them himself, but never enjoyed it.

Yami set to work on picking up Yugi, all too easily, when was the last time the man had eaten?! A blush crept upon the bridge of his nose when Yugi's head nuzzle it's self into his chest in his sleep.

As he was walking by the main reception desk the secretary gave him a suspicious glance and asked `kindly' where Yami was taking Yugi.

"Home, I didn't want to wake him." The secretary nodded and went on with helping the patients lined up.

As Yami had suspected a black limo was parked right out the sliding glass doors. The occupant seeing the two look-alikes quickly opened the door for Yami to climb in. Yugi was laid on the black leather strip of seats beside where Yami sat and across from Seto.

Seto nodded to Yami then rolled down the tinted and soundproof window separating the driver from them. "The turtle game shop."

Once the window was back up again Seto shot Yami a look. "What happened?"

Yami gestured to the stitched up arm. "We got in a fight and h-he tried to kill himself . . . I found him when on my way back to the game shop . . ." Seto looked surprised.

"When did Yugi get back?" The tone of his voice was softer then usual. Was he feeling pity?!

"A couple weeks ago . . . we would have called but . . . a lot of things have been going on . . ." With the whole almost killing of Joey, run in with Derk and being in the hospital had made it hard to think of much else.

"Where has he been?"

Yami himself didn't even know where all Yugi had been, only recently finding out about what he'd been up to. "Around" the answer was simple and finalizing.

The limo swerved suddenly causing Seto to fly forwards and almost into Yami's lap. Reorganizing himself Seto rolled down the window once again. "What was that?!" Anger was evident in his voice.

"A large pothole in the road, sir. Didn't want to hit it." The driver was nervous, the boss could be quite a jerk at times and it was easy to get fired. (Stupid kid 04: I can't believe I just called Seto a jerk!!! There is no way that's true!!!)

"Fine, a little warning next time would be nice though." Phew, what was lucky!

Seto turned his attention back to the yami and hikari. Yugi was wakening.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

OK, I'm ending it there. I'll try and get another chapter out soon as possible!

See ya!

~*~