Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ assassin ❯ chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Stupid kid 04: I don't really feel like writing so, I'm sorry if this is short, and this is also the chapter we've all been waiting for.

Disclaimer: Ha! How is someone like ME supposed to own something like THIS?!

All eyes were focused on Yugi.

"First things first. You guys." He turned his head to Yami and his friends and stood. "These are my friends and team mates." He gestured for them to stand. Yugi pulled the nearest of the five to his side. "This is Miles, he may look like a brute." Yugi was whacked on the side of his head. "But underneath it all he's just a big wuss."

Yugi wanted to prolong this as long as he could; he didn't want to get to the next part.

"Everyone, this is Mandy." She nodded curtly at them. "She's the one who was screaming like a banshee. Don't worry; she's not always like that. Just when she's got PMS." Mandy glared at her friend of four years then sat down on the couch beside Miles.

After introducing Matt and Zavier Yugi came to Boss.

"This is Boss, as most of you know we are together." Yugi knew this probably wouldn't last all to long.

"Yuge, what did you really want to tell us?" Yugi gave a sad half smile.

~*~*~*~*~Yugi's POV~*~*~*~*~

They're all staring at me. I hate it when people do that, but don't know that do they? I've never liked it but they never asked about it did they? No, they were always too busy. No, I can't start thinking like that now.

I sigh, may as well get this over with. "You've all been wondering what's been going on, right?"

"Ya." I look t Joey, he can be too curious for his own good sometimes. I guess I really did miss them . . .

"I think it's about time I told you." Boss looks guilty. Why? I hope he doesn't think all that's happened to me is his fault.

No one is talking so I suppose I should continue. "Four years ago after Tea and Miho told me what they thought of me I ran, and in the process lost the puzzle." That stupid lump in my throat is making it hard to speak. Should I tell them what happened? I don't want their pity, but . . . Aww what the heck, it can't hurt, it was in the past and I'm over it.

"I tried to go back for it but on the way by an alley I was pulled in." I can't look into their eyes any more; my shoes suddenly seem quite interesting. "I-I can remember much after the guy had ripped my shirt off, and when I woke up all I could feel was pain." I can feel that stinging of tears coming, no I can't cry it's only for weaklings. "Boss here found me. The guy had raped and beaten me so he brought me to a hospital. After that I stayed with him for a few days until he explained to me why he was in Domino and what he did and asked if I would join him and the rest of the group. I agreed."

I slowly look up. What?! Yami's got tears in his eyes! He shouldn't feel bad, its over and done with he couldn't have helped me anyways!

"Yuge, man. I'm sorry." I can only shake my head.

"Joey, don't say sorry, I don't need any pity. It happened and there's nothing you can or could have done about it, so just drop it."

Joey just stares at me blankly; he must not have expected that answer.

~*~*~*~*~Normal POV~*~*~*~*~

"What kind of group did you join exactly?" Seto who had been silent spoke up.

Yugi paused before taking a deep calming breath and answering. "A group of assassin's." Yugi thought it better to just say it straight out and not hold things up.

A defining silence followed the statement. It seemed to boom in the ears of the occupants, how could sweet innocent little Yugi do something like THAT?! It was unnerving.

Yugi just stood, head bowed, waiting for someone to speak. After a about three or four minutes a growl from the other side of the room caused Yugi to look at Joey, his fists were clenched, knuckles slowly turning white. Yugi was starting to think his friend's nails would pierce his skin if any more pressure were to be added.

"How . . .?" The anger was apparent in his voice with hints of disbelief and surprise. Even though it would explain why Yugi had tried to kill him, but was it just Yugi getting revenge or was he one of their assignments?

"It was my fault, if you blame anyone it should be me." Boss was now at Yugi's side, obviously trying to defend the smaller one from what his friends were to say.

Joey eyes flashed with anger as he leapt forwards fist extended. Boss simply sidestepped the attack and watched as Joey spun and took another try at his head, it hit dead on this time. A small dribble of blood came from Boss' mouth. Boss' eye twitched in an annoyed way, that punk had actually hit him!!!!

Boss growled and was about to lunge at Joey when a small hand grabbed his arm holding him back. "Don't." Yugi's voice quavered. He didn't want the other fighting over him! If anything it was his fault, he was the one who agreed to join them and chose his fate.

Yugi looked over to see how the others were taking all this. Tristan was fairing far better then Joey, he'd at least been able to keep a cool head. Seto's jaw was agape, not something you see every day, and his eyes wide and a look Yugi could recognize as surprise in them. Mokuba was looking just like his big brother.

~*~*~*~*~Joey's POV~*~*~*~*~

I can't believe what I just heard. How could Yugi do such a thing?! I mean, it seemed like just yesterday that he was the innocents of the group. It's jus' not like him at all.

I look over at Seto and see his face, in any other circumstances it would have been funny, but, nothing right now is funny at all. But I still have to wonder, was Yugi going to kill me by choice or was I just another one of his victims?

I can't take not knowing any more. I've got to figure it out.

~*~*~*~Normal POV~*~*~*~*~

Joey turned to his old friend and his eyes softened. The smallest of the group was staring at the floor in front of his booted feet, unleashed tears building up in his eyes ready to run free. He almost looked like the old Yugi for a moment, until he noticed Joey looking at him and the cold mask was quickly put back on.

"Yuge, I have a question for ya." Joey put a hand on Yugi's shoulder. "The day you came back, why were ya tryin' to kill me?"

The room's attention was once again directed at Yugi. He looked into Joey's eyes sending chills down the blond's spine. "I- you were the next assignment given to me and me group." Malik, Yami Malik, Bakura, and Ryou had remained standing to one side of the room watching the events unfold.

"Do you know who sent you?"

"Yea, it was Tea." Shock ran through half the room, the other half had already known.

Yami's mind was flooded with questions. `Yugi tried to kill Joey? Why wasn't I told of this?! That's something pretty big; do the others not trust me to handle it or something? And what about Tea? She was the one who wanted Joey dead? But . . . what would have happened if she had not? Would Yugi have ever returned?'

"Why did . . .?" Joey sat down on the couch just behind him.

"I have not clue, but I doubt we'll be finding out from her any time soon."

"What do you mean by that?" Yugi glanced at Malik, Yami Malik, Bakura and Ryou through the corner of his eye, they probably wouldn't mind if he told them about their little `visit' to Tea's house.

Yugi was about to answer but Bakura had already spoken. "We sent her soul strait to the shadow realm."

Malik nodded. "And we didn't forget to induce a `little' pain before hand." Malik's yami smirked then frowned; he'd just realized how little he got to induce on her but just shrugged it off. He was sure all the other's he'd done the same to made up for that one.

Yami sighed and shook his head; he needed to lie down, and was sure the others did to. This day was informative, but not exactly the kind of thing he wanted to learn about. He was still bothered by the fact that Malik his yami and Ryou and his yami knew about this before him, but it wasn't all that surprising. After all Bakura used to be a tomb robber, he must have had to do stuff like that in his past life, same with Yami Malik.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sorry about the delay but I've been a bit busy . . . besides I got it out at least.

I need some help (Not only mentally) I was wondering if I've got any of the information wrong in the Fic. I know only what I've learned from fanfiction and the odd episode. Two months ago I didn't know the difference between Yugi and Ryou. I didn't even know what the heck a millennium item was! So if you know of anything I'll go in and change it.

See ya!

~