Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Betrayel of a different kind ❯ Love and Lust ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AUTHOR'S NOTES

*~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~~*~~

Sprinket: I know this is kind of rushed with Ryou and Jou and all but this chappie has been written for ages and I REALLI wanna move forward with the storyline k.

Seto: Your excuses are pitiful

Sprinket: Oh shut up!!

RYOU'S POV

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I sighed to my self softly and watched the sun go down as we continued to walk down the street.

`How do I tell him??'

Was the same thought that was running through my head over and over again. Who it was, was easy enough. Bakura. But what it was a little bit harder.

`How do I tell him how I feel…?' Another small sigh passed my lips as I stared up at the bringer of all my problems. His wild silver hair was draped over his shoulders. The two piercing brown eyes that normally glowed with anger and determination now was clouded with doubt and maybe even fear.

`Look at him! How does he do it?? He seems so normal like nothing is wrong but the look in his eye shows that there are many thoughts troubling him.'

`It frustrates me sometimes at the things he does. He can insult people and be so damn lazy yet everyone likes him!! Even Yami and Seto, they are at each other's throats every minute of the day, but if he is in trouble they'll be the first ones there ready to do anything to help.'

He turned to look at me and I quickly stare down at the pavement avoiding eye contact.

`I just don't get it. If he wants to be heard then he will be! There is like never a dull moment around him, because no matter what the situation is he can always make it interesting. Everyone listens to Bakura, but they must be listening a lot because he always has something to say…..'

`But what troubles me is how someone as great as him can like someone as weak as me??'

`Look at me. So insignificant and weak. All I'm ever good at is school work and music. I always get the top marks in the grade and seem like the teachers pet so people take one look at me and mark me as perfect.'

`That's right perfect.'

`And I hate it!'

`They judge me for what I do and not for who I am. They think I'm just naturally smart, a goody two shoes that has nothing interesting to say, and so in turn no one ever listens to me and it is like I do not even exist. Yuuji tries to keep me part of it but even he sometimes ignores me and leaves me hanging on the side. I was even driven to talking to my soft toys and carrying them around with me!!! So what did I do??'

`Nothing.'

`My friends and classmates have only seen the perfect side of me all my life and has at least acknowledged the little enjoyment it's presence can offer.'

`But Bakura…. He's different. I have only known him for a couple of days yet he has treated me better than anyone else has my whole life!'

`He listens to what I have to say, and acknowledges that I exist. He see's past my talents to the real me yet that also scares me sometimes. It is scary to know that Bakura might see right into my soul and see all of my insecurity and doubt. But even as bad as it sounds I think it will be o.k. because as crazy as it seems I think…. He will understand and not mock me like others have done in the past…..'

`But I just can't stand it any more… I have to tell him how I feel or I might explode! The only thing standing in my way is the feeling I might witness if he rejects me and shatters my hopes and heart into a million pieces…..'

BAKURA'S POV

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I wonder what's wrong with him…. By the way he is walking and hanging his head I am sure something is wrong.

Is it me??

Am I the one that is troubling his poor little mind? I just couldn't stand it if I was… All my life I have lived like a rebel and outcast everyone always relying on me to liven up the situation…

But Ryou is different. He is happy for who I am. I don't have to try and act in front of him to get him to like me… he's so calm and collected always ready to forgive. He doesn't even get mad he just gets annoyed….

But then look at me I'm an arrogant basterd who won't admit I'm wrong even if my life depended on it and with more pride than the whole world combined… Always making the situation difficult for my self and never ready to back down.

He's everything I'm not.

He's kind, caring and lovable. His soft eyes always full of love and kindness not hate and anger…

How could someone like him ever love someone like me??

He turns to look at me for the first time we have started this walk, his eyes show signs of hope and fear but most of all...

Trust.

"Bakura I have to tell you something"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sprinket: I'm going to be mean and tell u what happens in the next chappie… but for now here's Jou and Seto ^-^

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jou and Seto were lying on Seto's couch in Seto's house listening to Seto's music and staring at Seto's wall doing absolutely nothing.

Jou groaned and flipped onto his stomach to face Seto and noticed that he was deep in thought about something.

"What ya thinkin bout??" he asked slowly.

Seto looked down at those brown sleepy eyes and gave a soft sigh.

`Is he thick or just stupid?? Can't he tell I love him?? Every move he makes just arouses me more yet he doesn't seem to realize'

"Nothing"

"C'mon we both know that you're lying!"

"No I'm not!"

"TELL ME!"

"NO!"

"Please!?!"

"Fine! I was thinking about….. Yami" Seto blurted out not meeting Jou's eyes and instead chose to stare out the window. `Smooth move Seto! Why don't you just lie about everything?!?'

"What about him" Jou asked curiously. `Oh no! He can't like… I mean I thought…'

"Well…… Do you think he likes Yuuji??" Seto asked softly.

`At lest now the topic is off me… but what about Yami?? I just know he's crazy over Yuuji… I can see it in his eyes but the question is does Yuuji feel the same? I hope so for Yami's sake because like me we have both been hurt in the past and I'm pretty sure he never wants to feel like that again… I know I don't!'

He turns to look at Jou, icy blue meeting honey brown.

"Well I don't know….Why? Does it really matter that much to you?"

"Well of course it does!! What don't you think I care for Yami?!?" Seto asked his eyes flashing with new born anger.

"Yeah but I thought..."

"Well you thought wrong" He turned his back to the blond.

`So it is true… he does love and care for Yami… How could I have been so stupid… to have thought he could have actually cared for me but still…?'

"Seto…."

I had to ask him now

"Yes, what is it Jou?" He looked up into my eyes.

"Do you like me?"

"No"

"Am I in your heart?"

"No"

"Would you cry if I walked away?"

"No….."

Two tears rolled down my face.

"So be it…"

I got up and walked towards the door before an arm grabbed my and pulled me into an embrace.

"I don't like you Jou I love you.

You're not in my heart you are my heart

And I wouldn't cry if you walked away I would die"

Now tears were rolling down his face.

"Do… Do you really mean that?"

"With all my heart"

"But what about Yami?"

"What about Yami?"

"Do you….. I mean don't you…." Jou looked away in shame. Seto gently took his chin.

"He is nothing more than a friend… It's you I love"

He bent down and gave him but one singular kiss.

*~**~*~*~*Authors notes*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~~*~*

Sprinket: Now let's all go Awwww……….

Everyone: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW