Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Bonds ❯ Don't Talk About Her Like That! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blood Bonds 3

Mokuba sat at his desk in his classroom, he was worried about Mizu he hadn't seen his best friend since her disappearance. School wasn't as fun without her there to help him raise hell and cause havoc and destruction. There was no one for him to play with and no one for him to talk to because the rest of the kids didn't like him because they all thought he was a stuck spoiled book worm. Mizu however, had welcomed him the moment he walked in after being adopted by the late Kaiba.

Flashback************************************************** ***
Mokuba followed his brother into the classroom clenching the sweater vest, tightly between his small fists. He glanced around the room and saw that several of the children were watching him and whispering several comments about the two boys.

"Which one of you is Mokuba-chan?" asked the kind teacher crouching down to look at Mokuba and Seto.

Seto pointed over his shoulder at Mokuba who immediately tried to hide behind his brother, even though it didn't do him much good.

"Hello Mokuba-chan," said the teacher smiling kindly. "Would you like to come introduce yourself?"

Seto gently detached Mokuba and stepped to the side so that the class could see Mokuba. All the children were black haired with different shades of blues and greens; however, there was one little girl with long aqua hair up in pig tails looked up and blinked her large sea green eyes. She flashed Mokuba a warm smile which he slowly returned.

"Ah," said the teacher happily. "I see you have made a new friend, Mizu-chan will you please raise your hand so that Mokuba-chan can see you? Make sure you raise your hand high in the air."

"Hai Teacher-san!" shouted Mizu leaping onto the desk and shoving her hand up in the air.

"Mizu-chan!" exclaimed the teacher, as Mokuba slowly walked over to the empty desk near Mizu. "Sit down in your seat!"

"You said to raise it high!" said Mizu jumping back into her seat.

"I know, I know," muttered the teacher.
End of Flashback***********************************************

"Mokuba-c han," said the teacher. "Are you paying attention?"

"Gomen teacher-san," muttered Mokuba coming back down to earth for a crash landing.

"I am surprised at you Mokuba-chan," continued the teacher. "You are normally so intoned to the class. Ah well, your partner in crime is missing so I guess that would be reason enough."

"Gomen," repeated Mokuba sheepishly.

"That is alright Mokuba-chan," said the teacher. "I will let you off with a warning just don't let it happen again."

"Yes ma'am," said Mokuba.

Mokuba sat under a Sakura tree at lunch and ate his rice, chicken, and dumplings by himself not used to the silence that accompanied him. Normally Mizu would be with him eating rice and shrimp and vegetables and telling him about some new book she had read the other night. But now there were no book talks and no one there to talk with while the other kids played sports or talked about various other things. Now there was just him alone and he hated eating alone.

Mokuba was so lost in thought that he didn't notice the soccer ball coming towards him until it hit him in his head.

"Oops," said a mocking male voice. "Too bad your girlfriend just isn't here to protect you. Where'd she go? Did she run away from her daddy?"

The other boys snickered as Mokuba slowly got to his feet and staggered his way over to the boy that had spoken, his vision still blur from the hit he had taken in the side of the head.

"You will not speak of her like that again," said Mokuba softly, his voice a deadly calm.

"What are you going to do about it, if I do rich-boy?" asked the other boy sneering. "Your little friend is a Daddy's whore."

"This," said Mokuba bringing his fist back and slugging the other boy in the nose, breaking it.

"Ah!" shouted the boy grabbing his nose and falling back on his back on the ground.

"Mokuba-chan!" shouted the teacher running forward and grabbing hold of Mokuba to turn him around. "Why on Earth did you punch that boy?!"

"He talked bad about Mizu-chan," said Mokuba his eyes flashing.

"What did he say?"

"He called her a daddy's whore," murmured Mokuba softly.

"Alright," muttered the teacher. "Dorno, you are coming to the principle's office as well."

The teacher lead both boys back into the school, scolding them for fighting and language.

________________________________________________________ _____

Seto Kaiba picked up the phone on the first ring and barely glanced away from the computer before him.

"Kaiba," he said curtly. He listened to the person on the other line frowning, before his eyes widened in shock. "What?!"


TBC