Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ BMTL: Kindred Cards ❯ New Students ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rochelle unlocked the door to the home the shamaness had given them. Inside was every reminder that they were not humans. There were DM cards laying around and Egyptian bric-a-brac scattered across everything. Azzie tripped over an Isis statue on her way to fridge. Rochelle, after glaring at the mess laying in the leeway between the main hallway and the living room, hopped over a couch and trned on the TV. An anchorman was going over a tragic accident out on the highway that had only taken the lives of a family's two dogs. The dark dragon snorted and laughed as her sister stumbled over the pile of junk.

"What's so funny, Rojo?" Azlea asked as she scrambled for her dinner.

"These humans, they get so attached to things. It's hilarious!"

"Maybe it's part of being human. I bet if we grow attached to something-"

"We'll want to be with them, and never keep anything hidden from them..."

"Well.. yeah." she said, laying the food (it's a hefty pile) between them. Rochelle fished a toothpick out of the mess and placed it to the side of her mouth, "Wouldn't it be cool, though?"

"That's foolish. If we become attached to our sacrifices, we'll lose our chance to become real humans! We'll be mindless beasts forever." Azaleah stiffened, realizing how serious her sister was. It made her remember how painful it was to fight for those greedy humans, having to follow their every command without any say. She didn't want to go through that ever again.

"What if we do become attached?"

"Don't worry, Azaleah. We're dragons." Rochelle took the toothpick out of her mouth. She kissed it and it caught fire, "We won't."

***

"Big brother! Big brother!... Seto!"

"What do you want, Mokuba?" the younger Kaiba clung to his brother's trenchcoat and rode it as he went upstairs to his office. (Aw.)

"William wants to know what you want for dinner! (S: "Eh.") Did you learn anything cool at school, Seto? (S: "No") Did you meet anyone? (S: "Sorta") Lindsay Nigawa said that her brother has an Ancient Egyptian God Card! (S: "Hm") Do you think it's real? (S: "No.")."

"Mokuba, why don't you go downstairs and raid the fridge?"

"Already did! Who did you meet?"

"These two girls who act really peculiar."

"Why?"

"One is obnoxious and the other is withdrawn."

"Like you and Joey?"

"Mokuba..."

"Hey, look!" Mokuba laughed, fearing the annoyed tone in his brother's voice, "Time for me to raid the fridge again!"

Seto sighed as his brother hurried out the room. He leaned back in his chair and thought about what Mokuba had said. 'Like you and Joey?' Hm. That Rochelle girl did kind of act like him before he had made 'friends' with Yugi, and Azalea was just as annoying as that dumb blonde mutt. The millionaire chuckled as an image of Joey and Azalea in matching doggie costumes popped into his head. His moment of reverie was broken by the shattering of a vase downstairs followed by Mokuba crying.

"Mokuba?"

"I didn't do it!" he sobbed.

***

"Usagi!" Joey walked into his apartment and threw his backpack onto the floor, "Usagi?"

The lilac colored bunny came bounding down the hallway and lept as hard as it could to knock her owner over. Joey tumbled over and landed on his back, allowing Usagi to rest on his chest (lucky rabbit XD). The blonde chuckled and cuddled his pet. Struggling to sit up with a ten pound animate pillow on his lungs, Joey set Usagi down in his lap (lucky rabbit) and told her about his day. He had met two of the most familiar girls in his life. One that acted like almost like Seto and the other who reminded him of... himself. Usagi blinked absently at her owner's story and soon became bored of it. She yawned and fell asleep between Jou-kun's legs (argh). Joey smiled at her and picked her up. ::You're something else, Usagi.::

*** (Iris: Yeah, Jou-kun's piece is short. He lives with a bunny, though XD. Usagi is © Youkai_Usagi (go read her stuff, izh good!))