Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ BMTL: Kindred Cards ❯ Flashback ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Iris: This was just suppose to be a flashback at the end of the second chapter, but I got into it and it turned into another chapter XD.

***

"King Atemu." A young shamaness walked up the elegant gold steps towards the pharaoh, "I bring you a gift."

Atemu raised an eyebrow, intrigued by the box that had holes punched in the top. He motioned for the High Priest at his left and the servant to his right to see what it was. The shamaness lifted the top of the box to reveal two baby dragons sleeping huddled together to make a yin-yang symbol. One was pitch black and very rigid while the other was smooth and white (and sleeping with its mouth open XD). The servant's eyes widened as he tried to pick one up, but the Priest slapped his hands and scolded him.

"Why are you so willing to give up something so valueable in these parts?" the Priest said, eyeing the shamaness warily. She didn't seem suspicious, dressed in plain white shaman garb with a gold band in her dark hair to show her meager status (I don't know 5|-|!7 about Egypt :D).

"Rumor around the land says that our beloved pharaoh is being targeted by rebellious groups; I only wish to save the one person I live to serve."

"Yes, yes." Atemu said airily, "Bring them here. What do you want in compensation? Any amount will be met."

"No such payment is needed."

"Then may I have your name?"

"Osiris Ishtar." (No relation to Isis and Marik :D)

"Then be off." Osiris bowed and walked out of the court. The priest and servant each picked up a dragon and carried them over to their ruler (Seto is carrying the BEWD and Joey is carrying the REBD). Atemu smiled a chuckled, "How adorable! These sweet things are going to grow up and be my guardians? You didn't sense anything wrong with that girl, did you?"

"No." The pharaoh laughed and picked up the black dragon, cooing and cuddling it.

"But they're so cute!" the priest sighed at his master's easy-going personality, "How could these dragon cubs hurt anyone?"

"Dragons are known to grow at fast rates." the servant said before the priest could open his mouth, "They will mature in weeks, days even!"

"Is that so?" Atemu said, laying the first one down in his lap and reaching out to play with white one, "Then let's name them."

"Eh?" both said, in awe of King Atemu's blissful acceptance of his new pets.

"Well?" he continued, "Any suggestions?"

"Well, I've heard from travelers that in some foreign country that the word for red is 'rojo'." Priest Seto said, pointing to the little black dragon's eyes. The black one had woken up and was sitting and looking around sleepily with innocent red eyes, "We can name this one Rojo."

"Ah! A fitting name, wouldn't you agree, Rojo?" 'Rojo' squeaked, craned its neck to look up at the source of noise, and fell back against Atemu's bare stomach (DAMN lucky animals!). Jou (the servant) laughed and petted the white dragon. She had also woken up to the sounds around her and had started to cry, the tears misting her deep blue eyes, "Hey, don't cry little one."

"'Azure'." Jou said, "Another word for blue."

"Then it is decided!" Atemu said, sitting 'Azure' next to her sister. Rojo immediately went into a squeaking frenzy that resembled scolding, "From this day forward, you two shall be known as Rojo and Azure!"

"King Atemu." Seto said, exasperated, "Dragon's can't speak our tongue. At this age, it would be a miracle if they even understood what you were saying."

"Is that so?"

Azure whimpered as her sister growled and scolded her. Rojo gave up in trying to get her point across, threw her head back, and let out a puff of smoke. Atemu laughed at this and cuddled them. Jou and Seto sighed and went to sit on the steps.

"Atemu is something else..."

"Shut up."

***

Iris: ^_^